Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by carpetoday
Hello All,

I have 2 HHonors certificates that are set to expire next week so I need to use them this weekend. I've worked out a whole trip around using my certificates at the WA Grand Wailea however today when I called to make the reservation they told me I could not. They cited that no Terrace-view rooms were available (going on the website for 70K, $319/night) which are apparently the only rooms the certificate can be used for. However, there are garden view rooms available (going on the website for 86K, $309/night) but they said their system wont allow them to book this room.

Has anyone run into this issue and were able to successfully use the certificates? Would really appreciate your advice on how to go about this.

Thanks much.
This is typical of them, they rarely have standard rewards (70k) rewards available. Unfortunately the T&C of the certificates is that they can only be used for standard reward rooms.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ma_zeoli
Beautiful!!! Drink almost came out of nose!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A standard room is required under the t & c's if the certs you are referring to are from the reserve card. See this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...rtificate.html
Also see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20492612-post1078.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20494008-post1080.html
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:08 am

Article on renovation is progress:

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n...5&t=1410227140
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
"The pools have been retiled....." Lol maybe in the last 5-10 years but they certainly need tile work now.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
"The pools have been retiled....." Lol maybe in the last 5-10 years but they certainly need tile work now.
Ah...the Adult pool was being retiled last November when we were there, and main pool has been retiled since then.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
This is typical of them, they rarely have standard rewards (70k) rewards available. Unfortunately the T&C of the certificates is that they can only be used for standard reward rooms.
Perhaps libiuser would have a suggestion as to how to get a room

I mean libuser

Last edited by felicity5; Sep 10, 2014 at 7:09 pm Reason: Wrong spelling
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Just got the 3rd week in OCT for 56,000 Pts per night.

Hoping this will be a great first stay.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Napua Club

I received a call yesterday, that the Napau Club will be closed for renovations from November 2014 into December 2014, and they offered me a ocean front room in a new wing, with full buffet breakfast and evening cocktails.

Last edited by 360guy; Oct 4, 2014 at 4:44 pm
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by 360guy
I received a call yesterday, that the Napau Club will be closed for renovations from November 2014 into December 2014, and they offered me a ocean front room in a new wing, with full buffet breakfast and evening cocktails.??
Thanks for that info. Is there a question?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Hilton Diamond Thank you at Check In

Checked in today and received a $35 Ho'okipa card and a $40 dinner credit (both good for dining with a reservation - food only no boos). Booked a garden view with points 70,000/night for 4 nights. Upgraded using Nor-1 to the Napua Tower on the 9th floor for $150/night. Very nice room and staff friendly. Looking forward to the next four days.

Juice at check-in was refreshing (after driving the south road back from Hana) and bellman very polite. Tomorrow is going to be find laundry or wash/fold as I'm in the middle of an adventure.

Thought I'd check in with the current state of goodies for a Diamond.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by lemfc
Checked in today and received a $35 Ho'okipa card and a $40 dinner credit (both good for dining with a reservation - food only no boos). Booked a garden view with points 70,000/night for 4 nights. Upgraded using Nor-1 to the Napua Tower on the 9th floor for $150/night. Very nice room and staff friendly. Looking forward to the next four days.

Juice at check-in was refreshing (after driving the south road back from Hana) and bellman very polite. Tomorrow is going to be find laundry or wash/fold as I'm in the middle of an adventure.

Thanks! What's the Ho'okipa card good for?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Thanks! What's the Ho'okipa card good for?
$35 at dinner - we used it tonight!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:55 am

South Elevators - 4th floor to beach/ground

Today we witnessed fire department drilling and then using the "jaws of life" to crack open one of the south elevators - 6:30pm.

Family exited with help from security one by one. Spoke with family after; trapped for 60-90 minutes. The emergency call button was not working in the elevator, no back up power or lighting. They said the elevator was very hot and I saw two kiddos under five years old.

Helpful guest notified the front desk - however hotel did not call 911 until after in house maintenance and security attempted a rescue (according to the family).

I hope the renovation takes a shot at the elevators!! I'll be taking the north elevators and stairs.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by lemfc

Sounds like the $35 card replaces the two free drinks coupon.

Not sure of your itinerary but if you booked 4 nights at 70K you could have had a fifth night free which would even be helpful for a late flight home.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.