Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by monahos
Hilton group hotels have to shoulder the cost of free breakfast for a much larger proportion of their guests than 'other top-end properties' due to the HH elite policies, and I find that the Conrad BKK is making a valiant effort within those constraints.
IIRC the official HH G/D requirement only calls for continental breakfast; I shudder to recall its interpretation by US properties such as the HNL Prince Kuhio, which set up a folding table in a windowless basement 'lounge' with plastic cups, cool-aid, industrial bagels, and cheap cereals...

I understand that someone paying near rack rate could be disappointed, though. I find such periods ideal times to explore what the competition is up to, a pleasure in the fiercely competitive market BKK is. At sale rates in the THB 3K range, which US chain competitors never stoop down to nowadays, one cannot complain about the Conrad's offerings.
The owners of the hotels know the program rules when they sign up so the shouldering of breakfast should have been a part of that decision. You do make a good point on the difference between the offerings at US properties and how some make less an an honorable effort.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Any recent upgrade expecience for Golds?

If I book a King (basic one), do they normally upgrade to Executive room?

Or atleast provide lounge access (even if not upgraded)?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Bumping, hope to hear something
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Any recent upgrade expecience for Golds?

If I book a King (basic one), do they normally upgrade to Executive room?

Or atleast provide lounge access (even if not upgraded)?
I am HH D, so I have no recent experience. However until you receive other responses, there are reports that Gold members have not been getting lounge access at the Conrad Bangkok.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: SQ KF *S, TG ROP *P
I have booked two nights next week, let's see if there any access....
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
AFAIK the executive rooms are on high floors but besides from that rooms are the same as standard/basic rooms below. The difference is lounge access.

You will find information in this thread that apparently the policy changed in January 2016. Before, a HH Gold was almost guaranteed lounge access at the Conrad BKK regardless of the room booked, whereas according to new policy HH Golds booked in standard/basic rooms would not get lounge access (Deluxe/corner room or higher is needed) - breakfast at Cafe@2

Whether this policy is still enforced is not clear (until we get reports in this thread that HH Golds in lowest category of rooms once again get lounge access). So give it a try and report back, pls.

Last edited by SK AAR; Dec 29, 2016 at 3:37 am Reason: added info
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mcgahat
The owners of the hotels know the program rules when they sign up so the shouldering of breakfast should have been a part of that decision. You do make a good point on the difference between the offerings at US properties and how some make less an an honorable effort.
Except the Individual hotels, ie Conrads, Hilton's etc did not sign up to provide lounge access and free b/f to the 1000's who free status-matched to HHD expiring 2018 between Oct2015-Apr2016 despite only having a CC status with another chain and then not even the top status

I know the reception/lounge/manager team at Conrad BKK quite well due to multiple multinight suite stays starting Nov2015. Conrad BKK really does gets hit with an extremely high count of HHDs (let alone HHGs) and quite understandably/rightly struggles to cope

With the increase in paper HHDs HHGs just can't be given the previous upgrades/lounge access here anymore. As it is the lounge struggles sizewise to cope with the new HHD influx, and it is quite a decent sized lounge here.
I hate to think how few guests are actually paying fr restaurant b/f here thesedays.

I also find the HH sales impact a right pain at this hotel, I have multinight stay(s), and reception/revenue manager can't upgrade though he wishes/tries to, as on 1 or more nights the suite are fully booked for just the one night on a sale rate... ie the Saturday night suite gone is costing the hotel money due to lost multinight suite bookings, and yes the hotel knows it.
I frequently book corp rate entry room, and NOR1 to Suites on multinight stays, even if I don't nor1 on odd occaision, i still get a suite mostly.

I cancelled/moved my 5night multight Dec2016 stay to IC BKK, as despite nor1'ing for Terrace Suite (4000thb ++ night x 5 nights) due to sale the Saturday night suites all gone , and I was upped to one of just 5x corner execs

Similar scenario exists for my 10night Jan booking, made last June, I would pay extra 40000 thb upsell , but the Sat nights suites sold in sale. My roomrate PLUS 4000thb NOR1 upsell is actually more income per night than the sale suites roomrate mostly.... I am currently booking suite rooms elsewhere prior to dropping my Jan Conrard booking.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Conrad Bangkok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.