Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Hawaii, USA {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Hawaii, USA {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2001, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Hilton Grand Vacations Club® Properties in Hawaii

Anyone aware of any offers to stay at the Hono HI Hilton Gardens Vacation Club, attend the sales pitch for the time share, and get a stay there for $xx.xx, plus some bonus HHonors points?
Old Feb 27, 2001, 4:48 pm

Check hgvc.com
Old Feb 28, 2001, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
If you tell them you're interested - they'll give you a reduced rate on some of the unsold inventory as well as $100 HHiVillage Dollars or 20,000 HH points when you're there.
Old Feb 28, 2001, 6:35 pm

Yes check http://www.hgvc.com/hhonors/ I just noticed this today. For Hawaii, they have $999 and 20,000 points. I am really curious. What goes on in these things and what kind of pressure do they put on you, and what kind of time commitment do you have to give? Would they be calling my room and hassling me? Other "deals" right now:

$99/10,000 for Las Vegas and Orlando $198/15,000 points.

The Las Vegas propaganda says that "All we ask that is while you are enjoying your Vegas vacation, you attend a 90-minute personal preview of the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at the Las Vegas Hilton. " Is this true? The Hawaii offer has no such statement. Also the Las Vegas offer says that you can't do this if you have ever attended a Hilton Vacations time share presentation before, that kills my idea of traveling all over, attending these things and getting miles. I have free R/T tickets to Las Vegas too courtesy of the Vanguard give-away yesterday and I had a plan for the timeshare! but if you can only go once, might as well maximize the points/torture ratio.

Has anyone ever gone to more than one timeshare and gotten credit?

[This message has been edited by CozumelJen (edited 02-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by CozumelJen (edited 02-28-2001).]
Old Feb 28, 2001, 7:18 pm

Has anyone ever been on one of these stays?

How heavy is the sales pressure? IS it just a group tour/presentation one must attendend?

TravelManKen, thanks for the tip on seeking out a discount on the stay, 5 nights for $999 is $200 bucks a night for the HI ppty.

Please post your experiences here with the 'stays.' Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28, 2001, 9:06 pm

I will be attending the Las Vegas HGVC during the last weekend in March. I am staying at the actual HGVC next to the Las Vegas Hilton. I was given a choice to stay at Bally's, Flamingo, LV Hilton, or LV HGVC. I chose the LV HGVC for the larger room and kitchenet I only have to attend a 90 minute seminar on buying time share (which I won't) But for a cheep vacation and 10,000 HH it will be worth it. Besides I am also going to see the Blue Man Group too So I will update my experience when I get back.
Old Mar 1, 2001, 9:31 am

Thanks in advance for any stories of your experiences with this. I will be in the Honolulu Hawaiian Village in April/May. I am paying for all of this myself (well, using miles/points) so I don't need the free room, but want to know if anyone knows if when I check in, I can contact the local vacation club and tell them I am "interested", (yeah, I am interested in free points!) and if I will then be able to get any points, does anyone know? I could then hop over to Kauai and do the same with the Marriott there that I stayed at last time.
Old Mar 1, 2001, 10:45 am

I don't think the room is free on these HGVC deals.
Old Mar 1, 2001, 11:27 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

During my stay with my family at Hilton Hawaiian Village in February 2001, we had a day of spotty rain showers. I kept looking at the invitation card and my wife finally said, "Oh geez, anything for points!" I said "Well, 20,000 points is pretty nice...could we?". We went to the presentation and I have to let you know that it was not stereotypical of a time share presentation. Oh sure, they sit you at a little table and make small talk and try to get you friendly but the tour of the facility is actually very quick (the condos are beautiful!) and painless. About 45 minutes of show and tell and another 30 minutes explaining cost. No pressure, entirely professional and the 20k posted in my account in 48 hours.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old Mar 2, 2001, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
I just got a phone call today, presumably for a telemarketing organization that is either part of, or has been engaged by, HGVC. It was a solicited call, since I was curious enough to mail back a postcard which I got from Hilton HHonors (insert in my statement, I think). My offer is $98 (Sun.-Wed. checkin) to stay at any of the properties Las Vegas Hilton, Flamingo Hilton, or Bally's Grand. Or, stay at the HGVC resort itself which is right next to the Las Vegas Hilton, at no extra cost for a "studio suite", or an extra $29 to upgrade to a nicer suite. They'll throw in a $25 meal voucher and a $40 chip voucher, too.

This doesn't seem like a bad deal, even for somebody who would be traveling single. Airfare from SFO to Las Vegas right now seems to be in the $70-80 range.

One concern I have is availability. Do I need to juggle both an airline reservation and the hotel reservation so that I get them lined up for the same period? Or is the availability on hotel rooms not a problem mid-week, such that I just need to book my plane tickets first, then call to get a hotel room later, with full confidence.

Thoughts?

[This message has been edited by pshuang (edited 03-02-2001).]
Old Mar 4, 2001, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
The HGVC presentation is very professional and low key. No follow-up phone calls in your room, no hard close. As a matter of fact, my wife and I were so impressed we almost bought.
Old Mar 7, 2001, 3:36 pm

Originally posted by CaliforniasCentralCoast:
I don't think the room is free on these HGVC deals.
It is if you purchase a property!
Old Apr 21, 2001, 8:28 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Hilton HHonors Properties on Maui

Hi Gang,

I thought I would try the experts... I went to the Hilton site but could not find any properties listed for Maui.

Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong or does Hilton NOT have properties on that island?

Thanks

William
Old Apr 21, 2001, 8:41 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
There's an Embassy Suites.
Old Apr 21, 2001, 8:44 am

http://www.netbooker.com/booker/AppL...HOME&pid=MAUHI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.