Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Old Apr 6, 1999, 9:56 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
now the host presents the "entering" page https://www.hilton.com/myhilton/index.jhtml?page=login - but I can't enter (no reply).
Old Apr 6, 1999, 1:33 pm
Commander Catcop

I decided to try this for myself.

It took forever to go from page to page.

Then I get to one page that says I logged in from another computer before. That's not the case... I don't have time to check any FF sites (except F-T) when I'm traveling with the lap top from work. that was wierd.

So I clicked that I was on another computer just to make the stupid webmasters there happy.

Then i waited. and waited and wa..an... ZZZZZZZZZZ

Then Eddie bite me and woke me up.

Old Apr 6, 1999, 3:34 pm
Original Member

A group in my company is doing upgrading their site (the Hhonors program, specifically) for them. I have nothing to do with it...

P.S. - Please do not sent me e-mails asking me to put 10,000 points into your account.
Old Apr 6, 1999, 3:41 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
OK, ken, how about 20,000 points???
Old Apr 6, 1999, 5:18 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Ok...how about putting 50000 points into MattWald's account.

I'm sure he'll be the gentleman and ask for me.....
Old Apr 9, 1999, 11:17 am
Commander Catcop

Hilton.com problems

Sorry if I have to post a new thread but I can't find the original posting about the HIlton personalized site.

Thursday several times I tried to get on to Hilton.com so I can make hotel reservations.

I figured I would go to Hilton since their are my first hotel choice (although that is slipping FAST!)

Over two hours at several times I tried to get on only to get "sorry, we are unable to connect."

One reservation I needed immediately and YES I COULD HAVE CALLED HILTON RESERVATIONS VIA PHONE but I was on teh computer and wanted something immediate and the booking had to made immediately.

So I went to Marriottrewards.com. and everything was taken care of relatively fast.

And Hilton lost two bookings from me! :{

Maybe it was just my computer but this was SO FRUSTRATING.
Old Apr 9, 1999, 11:28 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
not just your computer.....the site is only available 20% of the time now......no idea why
Old Apr 9, 1999, 4:55 pm
Original Member

Not just you Marc, I've been having real problems with them also. I also do not like the set-up of their new "My Hilton." It now requires you to log through about 4 screens to get to view your HHonors balance. It consumes far more time than it used to, to check your points. I have been staying with them a lot lately, but am getting very aggravated with their site. It has gone from being one of the fastest hotel sites to being only very infrequently available.
Old Apr 9, 1999, 6:32 pm
Original Member

Hilton E-mailed me an apology - same day. Happy to share it:

Yes, that was another issue I discussed with our Internet Development Team. Hopefully that will be corrected next week when a new server is installed. I can not apologize enough on our behalf. We do however appreciate your patience and continued patronage. Should you find the site down, please feel free to call our Internet Reservations Hotline at 800-774-1500. We have a dedicated staff that can assist you with making reservation at any Hilton Hotel.

Old Apr 10, 1999, 6:37 am
Commander Catcop

It's nice that HIlton promptly responded to your problem NJDavid.

For laughs, I checked how the site was doing saturday morning. Loading is faster BUT the account summary section is down. I did not try reservations.

And I have to agree with DJLawman... It's frustrating to go through four screens to get the information you want. Being in news I like things immediate.

Maybe it depends on WHEN you log on Hilton.com to determine how fast it runs.
Middays and (surprisingly) late nights it's SSLLLOOOWWWZZZZZZZ
Old Apr 14, 1999, 10:28 am
Original Member

So today i get the following:

"We're sorry. This feature of Hilton.com has been temporarily disabled for upgrades. We hope to have this feature reinstated shortly.
However, in the meantime, provided are some helpful links:

Online Reservations
Hilton HHonors
Hotel Directory"

If they were going to take it down, why didn't they just leave the old one up till the new one was done. The release of the new "my page" feature seemed premature.
Old Apr 14, 1999, 12:43 pm
Commander Catcop

Here here!!! I saw the same message but got so flustered andtired that I decided to try another hotel site that works (like Marriott and Starwood.)

Old Apr 14, 1999, 7:19 pm
Original Member

HEY HILTON!! If you are looking for a quick loading site that gives you a lot of information VERY quickly, including account balances, take a look at Delta's site. Call them up and get their servers and their software. It is obvious you need A LOT OF HELP with this My Hilton.

Djlawman
Old Apr 15, 1999, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat for Life, SPG Plat, United Silver, given up on Skypesos for good
Still slow today.
Old Apr 15, 1999, 2:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Hilton's not working website just lost my potential May bookings to Hyatt and Sheraton in Paris (CDG, one night after late arrival and last night before return).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.