Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Firefox + AAA search = instant crash!

Lately when I try to search for hotels on Hilton's web site using Firefox, it crashes as soon as I click on the "Add special rate codes" link.

Anyone else experience this or have ideas? I can get through on IE, but my preference is for FF.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
captcha is not showing up for me... anyone else having this problem? Maybe Hilton is trying to tell me I should book somewhere else?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Which browser, ad blockers, etc. are you using?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by sethb
Which browser, ad blockers, etc. are you using?
I'm using AdBlockPlus, so I told it to ignore Hilton's web site, and lo and behold, it works, except that damned RoomKey popup now intrudes.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
unable to log-in - 5:30 p.m. ET. Others having issues?

All good now! 639 ET

Last edited by Abidjan; May 22, 2015 at 4:39 pm
Old May 22, 2015, 3:36 pm

Unable to log in as well.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:59 pm

"Sushi and Pasta" Captcha malfunctioning as is password reset

On multiple attempts to access my Hilton account I have had for 12 years, in the last 10 days I have been unable to get online and see my account, make an online booking, or check an old one. I have used Macbook Air, iPAD, and iphone, and have wasted several hours without resolution, so I am just giving up for now as I can use other hotel options until this is fixed. Problems include:

1. the devices using Captcha pop up pictures of sushi or pasta for me to click off to show I'm not a robot, but the upper right pasta or sushi picture won't click on, so I cannot prove I am not a robot.
Then I retry on the laptop where there is no sushi or pasta and see I am locked out.

2. On the laptop, I then request password reset, but am unable to reset my password online for unclear reasons, even after talking to IT. Either the system does not acknowledge that my desired email is valid, or even with a new appropriately configured password it rejects my login and tells me to call the 1-800 # again and start over.

I have talked to two different customer service and two IT women today for a long time , without resolution. I suppose with more herculean holding and rephoning effort and insisting on a higher level supervisor this could somehow be resolved.

I appreciate Hilton trying to improve its internet security but it has become so hard to reliably get on and casually use their site (I am Gold but an infrequent booker these days) that I am going to book elsewhere until they fix their bugs or hire better IT phone service reps.

Last edited by ermdjdsj; Jun 7, 2015 at 9:01 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
From the rate details for the Hilton Hanoi Opera:

Standard In-Room and Lobby WiFi: Free for HHonors members who book direct; $315,000.00 for all other guests.
Really pays to book direct.

(I'm sure it's supposed to mean 315,000 VND)
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites: Please Report Them Here

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.