Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:22 am

I've had many issues with the site since they redid it:

A) A reservation for a hotel I did not book in a city that I wasn't planning to visit. I cancelled it and it reappeared in my reservations.

B) My account shows that I am registered for points/variable miles. When I go to change it, it says I am registered for points/fixed miles.

C) My UAL number keeps showing up in my reservations even though it is not my default number. I finally deleted it so there is only one airline number in my profile.

D) After making a reservation, it showed my name and HHonors number followed by an address for someone living in Watford, UK even though I live in Houston, Texas.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 3:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Unable to login to the HHonors site at the moment.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 3:51 pm

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
I can't log in either. Wanted to make a reservation, guess I'll have to call. *sigh*

-simon
Old Jul 18, 2007, 8:57 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Hmmm, I still can't access via FF but got in perfectly with IE.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Can anyone log in right now?

I can't get in from hhonors.com or hiltonfamily.com. Can anyone else get in?
Old Aug 9, 2007, 8:58 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I just did without issue.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

www.hilton.com is getting worse than www.flyertalk.com

"The page you are attempting to view is temporarily unavailable..." The brand sites wont come up either. Did someone say Hyatt?

MisterNice
Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I had similar issues, but trying again once or twice seems to have resolved issues (before I resorted to clearing my cache, just in case.) I wonder if it gets bogged down at heavier usage times?

Originally Posted by MisterNice
"The page you are attempting to view is temporarily unavailable..." The brand sites wont come up either. Did someone say Hyatt?

MisterNice
Old Aug 15, 2007, 8:00 am

Programs: UA GOld, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Website problems-display of HHonors activity

I noticed last week that when you bring up your HHonors activiy, the activity from American Express (credit card points) doesn't show. It normally shows under 'ALL ACTIVITY' as well as 'NON-HOTEL ACTIVITY'. Now if you press 'non-hotel activity' you get your redemption history. Nowhere can you see your AMEX points.

I called yesterday and they seemed to be aware of the problem, but no ETA on a fix.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Hog Heaven
I noticed last week that when you bring up your HHonors activiy, the activity from American Express (credit card points) doesn't show. It normally shows under 'ALL ACTIVITY' as well as 'NON-HOTEL ACTIVITY'. Now if you press 'non-hotel activity' you get your redemption history. Nowhere can you see your AMEX points.

I called yesterday and they seemed to be aware of the problem, but no ETA on a fix.

Thanks for the heads up, however, there is already a thread for Website issues. For future reference, please see: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636061
Old Aug 15, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
History of activity only seems to go back a random period of time - and no way to keep going back in time - I think it only displays whatever fits on one page.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 10:37 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
New @hilton.com Email Address Format

I just received a note from a sales director that I worked with that Hilton has changed the format of email address, eliminating the _ from names and replacing them with a period '.'

Just a heads up in case some of you are trying to reach your Hilton contacts.

Example:

[email protected] is now [email protected]

Not sure if the aliased the old emails, and if so, how long that will last.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 8:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, Choice Diamond, Priority Club Plat, DL Silver
I just went to hiltonfamily.com and got invited to take a survey and tell them what I thought of their website. That is the first time I have seen them do that.

I found many more things wrong then I did words of praise (which, honestly, I could not think of a single area where they are much better then the average of their competitors sites) but I was annoyed even taking the survey. They only allow 500 characters max in which to tell them what is wrong with the site. Obviously a person needs many more words then that will allow.

But hopefully that means they are actually looking at fixing some of the problems discussed here?
Old Aug 24, 2007, 11:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Getting the hilton specific "site unavailable" when trying to visit any of the sites, Hilton, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, etc...been about an hour and half now and each site is returning that same message. Anyone else having an issue?
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
I had similar issues, but trying again once or twice seems to have resolved issues (before I resorted to clearing my cache, just in case.) I wonder if it gets bogged down at heavier usage times?
I never saw any correlation with time or date or location. It appears almost totally random ie Mon mornings are no different than Thurs afternoon or night. No other hotel site is so lame..........Motel6.com site works almost flawlessly and Marriott.com works nearly every time for paid and points resrvations.

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.