Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2X points rate on top of 2X promotion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Does anybody know how the current 2X HHonors promotion interacts with booking one of the 2X rates?

I am diamond so with just the 2X promotion my understanding is I will earn 20 points per dollar on the base rate plus I have it set to points + points so I will earn my usual 5 points bonus, plus another 5 points (50% of the base rate for diamond) for 30 points per dollar total using the regular rate.

If I book a 2X rate will I get:
a. nothing else, because the rate doesn't combine with promotion so I should just book a regular rate.

b. another 10 points for 40 points total because the 2X promotion will apply to the base 10 points again.

c. another 20 points for 50 points total because the 2X promotion will actually double the already doubled base rate taking it from 20 points to 40 points per dollar.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
(B) is correct
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: Southwest, American, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Choice Platinum, SPG, Wyndham Gold
Thumbs up

B is my understanding and experience as well.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Okay sounds good. Thanks for the info!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:36 am

Definitely B.
I have booked Double Your Points rates now and then and this is how the points stack.
Just always work off the Base Points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.