1 Stay Short...

Old Dec 28, 15, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
1 Stay Short...

Posting from the app and couldn't find an "xx stays or xx nights short" thread so mods please feel free to move if appropriate...

Ended up 1 stay short of Diamond for 2016, in others experience will Hilton cut me any slack? Not a big deal, I'm Diamond at Hyatt and LT Plat at Marriott and really don't have an issue hanging out there and this whole Marriott / Starwood "thing" might make that more appealing moving forward. Just thought I'd see if others have had any luck getting Hilton to extend status. I have a Hilton that I like to hang out at when I visit my daughter in NJ so it would be nice...
Old Dec 28, 15, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
There are still 4 nights left in 2015. I would find a nearby Hilton property and check-in.
Old Dec 28, 15, 9:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
There are still 4 nights left in 2015. I would find a nearby Hilton property and check-in.
This type of thread is asked every year (in almost every hotel forum).

I 2nd this. Don't expect anything. Do the right thing and REQUALIFY. Better to be sure than sorry. If you don't this would be returning a kickoff or punt return, running down field.......only to trip and fumble on the 1 yard line!
Old Dec 28, 15, 10:05 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Find a nearby 20,000 point property and hope you can get it on P&M for $40+$8,000 points. With a little luck it'll be a Hilton with Digital Key and you can set the my way to points and end up getting it for $40+6,000 points.

If you wait until January 1, nothing will happen...
Old Dec 28, 15, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I'll check in to one for you if you need...✈️
Old Dec 28, 15, 10:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
This. I really wouldn't expect any slack from Hilton; perhaps a shortcut challenge back to Diamond next year.
Old Dec 29, 15, 1:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Executive Platinum
I 3rd the first reply.

I was in the same boat and did a 1 night local MR last week. Was able to get a $77 rate. For me, it was worth the ~$80 cost to be Diamond. YMMV.
Old Dec 29, 15, 4:35 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold, WoH, Leaders Club, slh, LH M&M Frequent Traveller
Book a cheap stay, check-in, and be happy.

I don´t see the problem.

Diamond is worth it.
Old Dec 29, 15, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by submonte View Post

Diamond is worth it.
It's only worth it if you use it. And based on my experience over the last couple of years, I won't ever mattress run again to re-qualify for Hilton Diamond status - I just didn't see the value that I see with Hyatt and SPG.

That said... if the OP has a cheap Hilton nearby, just do the one mattress run and keep the status... The extra bonus points in 2016 should more than compensate.
Old Dec 29, 15, 6:30 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Why not just status match using your Hyatt Diamond?

https://hhonormystatus.hiltonapps.com/
Old Dec 29, 15, 6:40 am

Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
Luckily, I just made it this year with one last stay to get me to 30. I can see how having other top tier status would make it hard to justify re-qualifying, but for those of us with only one program, I enjoy being a diamond. I haven't had to mattress run, but thought about it this year and would probably do it for ~$100, depending on plans for the next year.
Old Dec 29, 15, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Thanks for the replies... all the hotels around here (SoFla) are on the expensive side, even the Hampton by the turnpike is at $150+ for the last few days of the year. It's not that big of a deal for me, I've been Diamond for a number of years but if I don't make it to start 2016 I'm not going to lose much sleep over it... just thought there may have been others in a similar situation and wanted to see what happened. Maybe Hilton will throw me a challenge with a bunch of extra points involved, lol... Thanks again and Happy New Year to all!!
Old Dec 29, 15, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by krlcomm View Post
Thanks for the replies... all the hotels around here (SoFla) are on the expensive side, even the Hampton by the turnpike is at $150+ for the last few days of the year. It's not that big of a deal for me, I've been Diamond for a number of years but if I don't make it to start 2016 I'm not going to lose much sleep over it... just thought there may have been others in a similar situation and wanted to see what happened. Maybe Hilton will throw me a challenge with a bunch of extra points involved, lol... Thanks again and Happy New Year to all!!
12/29 Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina - $85 + 20,000 points.
12/29 Hampton Inn Commercial Blvd. - 30,000 points.
Old Dec 29, 15, 1:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
12/29 Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina - $85 + 20,000 points.
12/29 Hampton Inn Commercial Blvd. - 30,000 points.
That alone is surely worth it.
Old Dec 29, 15, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We had a really good stay as Golds at the FLL Marina.

I know some mattress-runners don't bother to stick around, but if you did...this hotel is actually pretty nice.

I'd definitely log the stay so you don't have to go grovelling for it in January. Yeah, getting a match wouldn't be hard, but save that card for when you really need it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: