Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to stay Gold in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
How to stay Gold in 2016

Hi there,
I'm currently at 16 stays, need 4 more to stay Gold in 2016.
Is there any way to get Gold Elite either then staying 4 more nights? I saw there is a status match - the only match I can do is with the Marriott Gold I was given as part of the UA deal...
Any ideas?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Stay the 4 nights. Otherwise you will retain your gold status until March 31, 2016. HHonors has often provided fast tracks/challenges after April 1 to allow someone to regain their status after they have dropped. You usually have to call. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...es-etc-10.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ges-comps.html

You'll want to look back in those threads to posts around march and april of each year.

Your other options are a credit card or the status matches that are currently ongoing.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Your other options are a credit card
Ding ding ding
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Your other options are a credit card
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Ding ding ding
Indeed. I don't know of any mattress run that would be cheaper than the less-than-$100 fee for either of the cards.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rebech34
Hi there,
I'm currently at 16 stays, need 4 more to stay Gold in 2016.
Is there any way to get Gold Elite either then staying 4 more nights? I saw there is a status match - the only match I can do is with the Marriott Gold I was given as part of the UA deal...
Should you be able to use the Marriott Gold status to upgrade to at least Hilton Gold using the current Status Match?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by keeton
Indeed. I don't know of any mattress run that would be cheaper than the less-than-$100 fee for either of the cards.
I'm doing Credit Card.....12 Year Diamond with only 14 stays. Just got to the point where Diamond was not worth it anymore. Rarely get any upgrades or recognition. Gold through CC is good enough. Only perk that I want is free breakfast.

Knowing Hilton they will get rid of that soon too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.