Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New and Improved Honors statement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond

Just got this an hour ago. It said
27 stays
47 nights
195000 points earned

I have
31 stays
Don't track nights
Don't track points

I as a bit concerned about the stays so I called the DD and she said I have 31 - don't worry I am Diamond for 2016. She didn't know for sure but thought the "new and improved" was showing paid stays which makes a bit of sense; I think I had around 4 point stays.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I received one of these a couple of days ago that congratulated me on again achieving diamond status. It showed I had requalified for diamond but incorrectly shows my stays and nights as being short of the number necessary to requalify.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
And I got one yesterday, also showing less nights and stays than what I have
(and not enough to requalify even though I requalified about a month ago).
Could be that it is only my paid nights and stays.

I don't see the point in showing only paid nights and stays - that's just confusing.

I hope it's not a hint that reward stays and nights will stop counting for status in the near future.....
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:13 am

Yeah, I got one this morning as well. Same issue with not showing the stays/nights correctly. Scary thought by a previous poster about it hinting at going to a system where only paid stays count!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: HH D
Interesting... indeed they didn't count in my 5 nights reward stay. Wouldn't be much of an improvement if this would change. I often compensate the hotel by spending more on dining or other extras on a bonus stay and by leaving bigger tips if this is appropriate.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
+1 ^

Originally Posted by Sisosig
I often compensate the hotel by spending more on dining or other extras on a bonus stay and by leaving bigger tips if this is appropriate.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
I find that there is often a delay between when these emails are sent and the "as of" date for the data they contain. They are usually short by my most recent stay or two, if it occurred within a few weeks of receiving the statement. This particular email was short by approx 8 nights for me, which is the length of my most recent two stays prior to getting the email.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:20 pm

My statement arrived this morning and is also wrong, I've had no reward nights this year with HH so not sure why it's out.

One thing I did notice though is that's it's live. This morning it said "Good morning Chris" whereas now when I open the email it says "Good evening Chris".

Also the hotels advertised on the email are all ones I've looked at in the last couple of weeks but have not made a reservation at.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:30 pm

Do you have to opt-in for this statement? I don't recall ever receiving one.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:37 pm

I loved mine. It told me that I had 29 stays (I have 30) and that I'm "on my way" to Silver status.

At least I got a good laugh.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:56 pm

Yes. It does seems to "not count" the award nights. I had 21 nights in redemption and they did not "count".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.