Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond renewal package 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Diamond renewal package 2016

Anyone know what it will contain this year?
I wish they would give out another 100k, as they did at the end of 2014.

Last edited by SwissCircle; Dec 5, 2015 at 2:07 am Reason: Year in title wrong
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
100k would be nice.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: Yes please
The membership year is the calendar year and the 100k bounus was for 2015 renewals so presumably the thread should be entitled 'Diamond renewal package 2016'.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 2:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SouthOxon
The membership year is the calendar year and the 100k bounus was for 2015 renewals so presumably the thread should be entitled 'Diamond renewal package 2016'.
Absolutely!@:-)
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
Anyone know what it will contain this year?
I wish they would give out another 100k, as they did at the end of 2014.
Must have missed something. What is that?
Old Dec 5, 2015, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by submonte
Must have missed something. What is that?
It was something that they did with absolutely no rhyme or reason, wantonly giving out 100k bonuses to some diamond members while giving others nothing, presumably to anger the (100-X)% of members that didn't get them. From many data points on FT, no one was ever really able to draw much correlation as to what the basis for the bonus was.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
It was something that they did with absolutely no rhyme or reason, wantonly giving out 100k bonuses to some diamond members while giving others nothing, presumably to anger the (100-X)% of members that didn't get them. From many data points on FT, no one was ever really able to draw much correlation as to what the basis for the bonus was.
Well yes they did give out the 100k to some ( me included) but don't you remember the announcement that " those who didn't get the 100k" was promised other targeted offers instead?
Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Well yes they did give out the 100k to some ( me included) but don't you remember the announcement that " those who didn't get the 100k" was promised other targeted offers instead?
Do those who didn't get the bonus get it this year instead?

Or is it more along the lines of "Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance"?
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
which never happened for this Diamond...
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
A hospitality business TRYING to anger their frequency guest? Quite a conspiracy theory!!

That sounds to me like sour grapes from someone that did not get picked for the 100K bonus.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Do those who didn't get the bonus get it this year instead?

Or is it more along the lines of "Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance"?
No, I think it's more like asking Santa. If you have been a good one and done good deeds you get points, if not ... Just kiddin'.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Huh, so why did I get 200K....
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:32 pm

2015 is almost over and this Diamond member is still waiting for the promised targeted offer.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bamboola
2015 is almost over and this Diamond member is still waiting for the promised targeted offer.
I got the 100k last year. I got the Callaway Wedge in 2013 which was a fun change of pace.

However, absolutely zero targeted offers this year. The "offers" portal on the website is blank 95% of the time. When an "offer" is shown, it encourages me to "book now for February weekend savings in Idaho."
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:16 pm

Absolutely sour grapes on my end!!! Nothing shameful about that. The real question is why a "hospitality business" as you put it would want to pick winners and losers seemingly at random. It is one thing to lay out a reward for people to achieve, or to reward everyone equally who achieved the same thing. But there was no rhyme or reason to that one, and many felt slighted after being left out.

And nope, none of the personalized offers here either that were promised by - was that two or three hhonors representatives ago? - and never mentioned again or elaborated on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.