Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madrid-Prado {ESP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madrid-Prado {ESP}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:23 am

questions

Hi. My husband and I are considering this hotel for a November trip. Two questions: Is the minibar usable for a few items of our own? And do Gold members still receive the full buffet breakfast, or do they upcharge for that now? Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Can anyone confirm if this hotel has reopened?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I recently stayed here for one night on points and can say I was rather impressed. Bit surprised it's flagged as a Two Trees, it feels more like a Curio type property rather than a "well, it doesn't fit into any other box..." I won't bother posting any pictures besides breakfast since BotB's review has all the ones covering the room (mine was basically the same, just flipped since I had an even numbered room).

Fit and finish of the room is pretty impressive, though the size of the room is nothing to write home about. I appreciated that the outlet by the desk is a multi-plug so it accepts US and other country outlets and has a couple USB plugs. Breakfast buffet was one of the better Hilton ones I'd encountered recently. With current Covid rules they ask that you put on disposable plastic gloves while serving yourself. They also had wine and cava on offer, which I was excited about, I find it's not super common to find free alcohol at breakfast! I was also told about the welcome drink as a Diamond, which I redeemed for a glass of wine at the lobby bar after I came back from dinner.

dw likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Stayed here for a night on points as a diamond. It wasn't a bad property. The location was good for visiting the prado and the park, but a bit further than I wanted from many other places and the main shopping/dining areas. I guess this would be a good compromise if you wanted something in a bit quieter of an area or were just focusing on the attractions in the immediate area.
Old May 29, 2023, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm planning a visit to Madrid at the end of June, and have the doubletree booked, but recently saw some postings suggesting that the diamond "continental breakfast" was not very good. My kids are big fans of hotel breakfasts, and we have other options in Madrid, so would love any feedback on their offering (and any strong positives or negatives in general)
Old May 31, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: UA, WN, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Five night stay earlier this month; Diamond breakfast benefit was pastries, fresh fruit, etc. The full breakfast buffet (set up in a separate room) was an extra €9, or you can order freshly prepared items from the menu (price range €5-8). The hotel is three blocks from a Metro stop and walking distance to three major museums.
Old May 31, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm planning a visit to Madrid at the end of June, and have the doubletree booked, but recently saw some postings suggesting that the diamond "continental breakfast" was not very good. My kids are big fans of hotel breakfasts, and we have other options in Madrid, so would love any feedback on their offering (and any strong positives or negatives in general)
If breakfast is very important the Canopy Madrid Castellana has a better breakfast and it is free for gold and diamonds. However, Doubletree Prado has much better rooms and location.
Old May 31, 2023, 11:01 am

I had a stay planned for the DT but changed it to the

Atocha Hotel Madrid, Tapestry Collection by Hilton

Full breakfast with no upcharge. Same general area as the DT but closer to the main railroad station and same good reviews.
Old May 31, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anc305
I had a stay planned for the DT but changed it to the

Atocha Hotel Madrid, Tapestry Collection by Hilton

Full breakfast with no upcharge. Same general area as the DT but closer to the main railroad station and same good reviews.
Well done! In Europe it's a no go to upcharge for breakfast!
Stayed at the Doubletree a half year ago before the change and noticed: no more drink vouchers, no more welcome gift, much smaller breakfast without sparkling wine (like before) - and higher rates.
That means: cost cutting and running down.

The Tapestry is a nice hotel and it`s nearly the same neighbourhood, it's closer to Atocha Station. Breakfast is nice with hot and cold dishes. Also there was a drink voucher last time.
Many original restaurants and great bars around; just go up the hill through the streets.

Also there is a new Curio in Town!
Old Jun 2, 2023, 4:40 pm

Thanks for all of the information everyone! I'm very disappointed with the upcharge- that does seem a bit cheap. I don't have a great (hilton) alternative though- I need to book 2 rooms as I'm travelling with wife and kids. The doubletree agreed to give us the continental breakfast for both rooms, but the Tapestry and Curio will only provide breakfast for the one room, and their prices for breakfast are pretty high. I'm kicking myself that I didn't find a way to get my wife Gold status to avoid these situations- either I have to pay somewhere or stay at a non-hilton property that will have breakfast included for the same price...
Old Jul 5, 2023, 10:59 am

Thanks for all of the information everyone! I'm very disappointed with the upcharge- that does seem a bit cheap. I don't have a great (hilton) alternative though- I need to book 2 rooms as I'm travelling with wife and kids. The doubletree agreed to give us the continental breakfast for both rooms, but the Tapestry and Curio will only provide breakfast for the one room, and their prices for breakfast are pretty high. I'm kicking myself that I didn't find a way to get my wife Gold status to avoid these situations- either I have to pay somewhere or stay at a non-hilton property that will have breakfast included for the same price...
So I did end up staying at the Doubletree, and am happy to report that I received the full breakfast buffet with no upcharge. They still have the buffet spread across 2 rooms, with the hot items and prepared foods in a second room, but the server told us that we had access to both, and no charge was ever mentioned or applied. Interestingly there was a menu card on the table that did refer to a diamond/gold upcharge for the buffet, so the change is probably very recent. Buffet was small in variety, but of high quality, and the staff was willing to make espresso drinks for me and hot chocolates for the kids.
Overall this property was surprisingly good- much better than any doubletree at which I've stayed before, and significantly better than the Hilton in Barcelona. The rooms were well furnished and in great shape and the location was great for me- easy walk to most tourist sites, but away from the chaos and noise. Only (minor) issue was that the air conditioning in one room was barely adequate. The staff came to check it and told me it was working fine-- I pointed out that our other room was much cooler at a higher thermostat setting, and they said that they couldn't do anything about it. I like it to be quite cool when i sleep, so this might be a "me problem" that others wouldn't notice. Other than that the stay was excellent, and I'd happily go back and stay there again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.