Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bournemouth {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by flyoff
I have just arrived at the Hilton Bournemouth. The lounge is closed as iits location is being moved. The hotel haven’t considered how to manage the situation other than to give a few drinks vouchers, which has been extended to a few beers and wine in the room with a few peanuts. I am not happy but have had a room upgrade. I would have preferred to have been told of its closure and come another eeekend. We met a manager who stilll couldn’t help resolve an issue. I am Very unhappy.
Same here flyoff, she just kept on repeating 'whilst it's frustrating as a diamond member we are trying to improve service' and 'next time you come it will be be a bigger space on the first floor'. I was flabbergasted when she handed me two drinks vouchers and put me in an exec room. I now have a suite and four vouchers but I'm feeling bitter about it. It's one of the top factors when choosing a hotel to have a lounge. Why close the old one before opening the new one? Most other Hilton either use a conference room or rope offf an area of the bar and it's the usual free flow.

I'll be taking it further as it's misselling not to put it on the website.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by residentx
Same here flyoff, she just kept on repeating 'whilst it's frustrating as a diamond member we are trying to improve service' and 'next time you come it will be be a bigger space on the first floor'. I was flabbergasted when she handed me two drinks vouchers and put me in an exec room. I now have a suite and four vouchers but I'm feeling bitter about it. It's one of the top factors when choosing a hotel to have a lounge. Why close the old one before opening the new one? Most other Hilton either use a conference room or rope offf an area of the bar and it's the usual free flow.

I'll be taking it further as it's misselling not to put it on the website.
Can be same at the Ageas Bowl - they close the lounge if there is major cricket on and do not even tell guests in advance. They also do not give drinks vouchers to compensate. Guests are supposed to know/mind read!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond,
We have been over toTesco to get some lounge snack equivalents.The front desk when pushed did supply some warm lager to our room without a bottle opener. I had to call to ask for chilled lager and a bottle opener.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:08 am

I think I've had an email warning me at AB Hilton about a lounge closure. Also less random there, the whole hotel changes on match days.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by flyoff
We have been over toTesco to get some lounge snack equivalents.The front desk when pushed did supply some warm lager to our room without a bottle opener. I had to call to ask for chilled lager and a bottle opener.
What room did you book/get?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond,
I booked a standard room and initially was given an executive upgrade. When I said I was unhappy they gave me a suite. I explained the room type wasnt what I wanted - it is nice though. I wonder how they are dealing with people who paid for Exec rooms they purchased this week when they knew the lounge was closed. They said there had been a lack of communication with marketing when I pointed out the website didn’t mention the closure.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:38 am

When I told them it wasn't on the website it was 'because management didn't think it was a big issue'. We have the same category and same upgrade.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
What’s a joke!....... they could have at least emailed/ called about the lounge closure.
I had a same happen to me Xmas before last at Hilton Cambridge city, arrived to be told lounge closed here’s two drinks vouchers ( I had two rooms booked ) ........... I asked to see manager and explained I would have cancelled stay if informed or had a note on website.
She told me to come down to the bar after 6pm and they will provide some drinks and nibbles.
To be fair they did and was very generous ( bottle of wine and some starters off the menu ) but it’s not the point ........ why not inform us?......it’s not rocket science.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:08 am

This hotel basically is a joke. Lovely building but another Hilton that is poorly directed.

Went to the sky bar and was seated next to a huge table of drunk when who spilled a water balloon everywhere, drinks took ages to arrive, no food up there. Decided to move to the lobby bar and had a good bottle of wine, but again no food. The only way to have food here is room service or the full service restaurant. Not ideal if you want a couple of snacky type things.

The sky bar is basically a night club, so drunk people coming in and out constantly. Arguments in the lobby, even with staff over sportswear or the location of taxis. This is because the hotel isnt on the beach front but at the clubby end of the town.

Outside in the drop off area in front of the lobby people just decide to park there as there is no bell hop to tell them otherwise. Dumped cars and fag ends, just the welcome you want.

Breakfast was a zoo, a lack of quick replenishment and a bad design. You are constantly waiting behind a chair or to the side for people to pass.

Was awoken this morning with drilling too.

I won't be returning here, even when the lounge is open.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Slightly concerned about all these posts as I have booked this hotel for my mother, who has been very ill, as I was expecting her to have access to the lounge (I am a Diamond member in a seperate room). Could anyone confirm if the lounge will be reopened by the end of May?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:05 am
cjd

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Slightly concerned about all these posts as I have booked this hotel for my mother, who has been very ill, as I was expecting her to have access to the lounge (I am a Diamond member in a seperate room). Could anyone confirm if the lounge will be reopened by the end of May?
Probably best to check with the hotel. Only they'll be able to tell you. From the previous posts, looks like the hotel is going downhill after initial excellent reports. Only had an Exec lounge closed once and that was many years ago at the Hilton Wembley. They were very good and gave us free drinks and food in the bar, so no complaints at that time.
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
They said it would be open in one weeks time, so it should be open when you arrive.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond KLM gold
Just advised by email reopening tomorrow.

Staying with my wife next month so pleased with this.
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, Cartafreccia Oro
New lounge is open. Space is smaller than the old lounge but we have gained a balcony. The lounge is converted meeting rooms, there’s dividing walls between the rooms which means if there’s demand for meeting rooms they can half the size of the lounge. In theory they could also increase the size of the lounge if the meeting rooms are not booked and there’s a lot of diamonds staying.

The old lounge will will be converted into rooms. There should be space for two regular rooms and a junior suite.

Can’t comment on the evening options as it just opened this morning and I’m gone now. Breakfast hasn’t changed so I bet the evening offering is the same too. Probably chicken wings. It’s always chicken wings when I stay there. I’ve been told it differs daily!

Ignoring the do not enter sign I popped into the old lounge yesterday. A once excellent facility (before they cut back their offering) stripped down ready to make more money.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by SaveECRewards
New lounge is open. Space is smaller than the old lounge but we have gained a balcony. The lounge is converted meeting rooms, there’s dividing walls between the rooms which means if there’s demand for meeting rooms they can half the size of the lounge. In theory they could also increase the size of the lounge if the meeting rooms are not booked and there’s a lot of diamonds staying.

The old lounge will will be converted into rooms. There should be space for two regular rooms and a junior suite.

Can’t comment on the evening options as it just opened this morning and I’m gone now. Breakfast hasn’t changed so I bet the evening offering is the same too. Probably chicken wings. It’s always chicken wings when I stay there. I’ve been told it differs daily!

Ignoring the do not enter sign I popped into the old lounge yesterday. A once excellent facility (before they cut back their offering) stripped down ready to make more money.
If the new lounge is smaller than the original then it must be like a broom cupboard, what a shame , used to like this hotel but it seems to get a slating just lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.