Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Starwood + Marriott: How Will Hilton Respond? Elite Status Matches?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Posted by HHonorsRepresentative:

We're winding down for the Thanksgiving holiday and, as a heads up, I will be out of the office until Monday, but I wanted to let you know about our status match program...

We've been receiving a number of requests and yes, we do match status from other programs and we'd love to be your travel home.
We are matching status for 2016. To make sure you're all set for the year, please submit your request by January 11, 2016. You'll enjoy that status through March 2017.

All you need is something that shows your elite tier in another program and an HHonors number.

Email us at [email protected] and we'll help get you started.
Please note it may take a couple of days to process given the Thanksgiving holiday. We promise to process requests as quickly as possible and any request submitted prior to January 11, 2016, will be processed in time to enjoy your new status for the entire year.

Updated 12/18/15:

For anyone who is still interested in status matching to HHonors, we have created a site for registration:

HHonor My Status

Feel free to use this site in lieu of submitting an email.

Remember you have until January 11, 2016 - so act now!
Print Wikipost

Starwood + Marriott: How Will Hilton Respond? Elite Status Matches?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:18 am

Miles to Memiores had.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:38 am

Just sent my email with a screenshot of my Marriott Plat status and received the automated email back within two minutes.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
How many matches have gone through? I sent in my info a few pages into this thread and got a response back on Thursday morning but my account still shows no status. Not particularly anxious since no Hilton stays coming up but wanted to provide this information in case anyone's wondering.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 9:55 am

Data point: current SPG platinum and will requalify this weekend based on stays and not nights. Received a response that I do not meet the requirements to be matched to Diamond and they offered a fast track to gold by completing 5 stays or 10 nights in next 90 days at which point gold would be issued through March 31, 2015. Yes, 2015 was used so who knows if that would be 2016 or 2017.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by atravelguy
Data point: current SPG platinum and will requalify this weekend based on stays and not nights. Received a response that I do not meet the requirements to be matched to Diamond and they offered a fast track to gold by completing 5 stays or 10 nights in next 90 days at which point gold would be issued through March 31, 2015. Yes, 2015 was used so who knows if that would be 2016 or 2017.
Fast track to gold? LOL; that's insulting. They've given out Gold like candy. And the 'normal' requirements for gold are only 20 stays or 40 nights or 75K base points. Their challenge saves a little time, but not much.

So they've stated on Twitter that they're giving HHonors Diamond to Hyatt Diamond and Marriott Plat but didn't give it to a SPG Plat? Bizarre.

What is your HHonors history?

Originally Posted by Rusdude
How many matches have gone through? I sent in my info a few pages into this thread and got a response back on Thursday morning but my account still shows no status. Not particularly anxious since no Hilton stays coming up but wanted to provide this information in case anyone's wondering.
So far, only one confirmed match - Miles to memories. I realize it was a holiday weekend but there should have been more than one confirmed match by now.

I submitted my information Wednesday evening, including a copy of my SPG Plat status page (with LT Gold and requirments for Plat through Feb 2017 met) and the only response I've gotten is the automated response on Thursday AM. I just checked my HHonors status and no update.

Last edited by iflyjetz; Nov 30, 2015 at 10:31 am
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:23 am
tnw

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt
Data Point:

Just received confirmation that I have been matched to Honors Diamond from SPG Lifetime Platinum. I was currently Gold from AmEx. The message stated that they were making an exception based on review of my account. I am not sure what the criteria is but my screen shot shows me at 49 nights for this year. I appreciate it and will certainly give Hilton a try.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by tnw
Data Point:

Just received confirmation that I have been matched to Honors Diamond from SPG Lifetime Platinum. I was currently Gold from AmEx. The message stated that they were making an exception based on review of my account. I am not sure what the criteria is but my screen shot shows me at 49 nights for this year. I appreciate it and will certainly give Hilton a try.
What was your previous stay history with Hilton like? Have you ever earned status from BIB?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by tnw
Data Point:

Thanks; that makes two confirmed status matches.

You think they gave you an 'exception' based on 'only' 49 nights? Their offer only stated to show proof of status with another chain. No mention of any other screening criteria.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by tnw
Data Point:

When did you applied?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:54 am
tnw

Originally Posted by luziczek
When did you applied?
I applied on Nov. 24th in the afternoon.

Originally Posted by flashware
What was your previous stay history with Hilton like? Have you ever earned status from BIB?
Very little previous stay history. I was given Gold Status two months ago through AmEx Platinum. I am sorry, I don't know what BIB is?

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Thanks; that makes two confirmed status matches.

You think they gave you an 'exception' based on 'only' 49 nights? Their offer only stated to show proof of status with another chain. No mention of any other screening criteria.

I was just quoting what the email said. This could just be the wording they have chosen to use.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:08 am

BIB = butt in bed

Originally Posted by tnw
I was just quoting what the email said. This could just be the wording they have chosen to use.
I understand. Of course, this is the proof that they initially requested:
2.Proof of status with another hotel loyalty program. This can be a screenshot of your current account status or your membership card. We accept jpg files, word documents & PDFs.

If you had sent a copy of your membership card, it would have met their criteria for status match unless they're now not willing to status match SPG Plats to HHonors Diamond. In which case, this isn't really a status match.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:09 am

Got matched from IHG Spire Elite Ambassador to Hilton Diamond
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:14 am
tnw

BIB = butt in bed

I understand. Of course, this is the proof that they initially requested:
2.Proof of status with another hotel loyalty program. This can be a screenshot of your current account status or your membership card. We accept jpg files, word documents & PDFs.

If you had sent a copy of your membership card, it would have met their criteria for status match unless they're now not willing to status match SPG Plats to HHonors Diamond. In which case, this isn't really a status match.

Thanks for the definition! No BIB this year at Hilton, but making plans for next year.

I did send a screen shot of my lifetime stays/nights as well as year to date. Not sure if that helped with them granting Diamond status.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:18 am

Fast track to gold? LOL; that's insulting. They've given out Gold like candy. And the 'normal' requirements for gold are only 20 stays or 40 nights or 75K base points. Their challenge saves a little time, but not much.

So they've stated on Twitter that they're giving HHonors Diamond to Hyatt Diamond and Marriott Plat but didn't give it to a SPG Plat? Bizarre.

What is your HHonors history?
I have only had Silver status once but normally I average only 2 stays a year at most and that is if I join my parents when we stay at a Hampton Inn in a very small town in Pennsylvania.

I have Hyatt Diamond as well but given that response, I am not bothering to reply to see if I can achieve this. In honesty, I hardly ever have a desire to seek out Hilton (no offense to others, just not my preference) so even if I was matched to Diamond it probably would have just been wasted as I begin to plan out 2016.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by atravelguy
I have only had Silver status once but normally I average only 2 stays a year at most and that is if I join my parents when we stay at a Hampton Inn in a very small town in Pennsylvania.

I have Hyatt Diamond as well but given that response, I am not bothering to reply to see if I can achieve this. In honesty, I hardly ever have a desire to seek out Hilton (no offense to others, just not my preference) so even if I was matched to Diamond it probably would have just been wasted as I begin to plan out 2016.
Thanks for the information. I only have one stay this year at a Hilton (Curio) hotel.

I was interested in the Diamond match to use Hilton as my second behind Hyatt but if they jack me around like they did you, I'll go back to my original plan of renewing Hyatt Diamond and then burning as many points from my programs as possible ... I'm sitting on 6 figures worth of SPG points anyway. Hilton's OK but it isn't worth doing a challenge for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.