Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Starwood + Marriott: How Will Hilton Respond? Elite Status Matches?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Posted by HHonorsRepresentative:

We're winding down for the Thanksgiving holiday and, as a heads up, I will be out of the office until Monday, but I wanted to let you know about our status match program...

We've been receiving a number of requests and yes, we do match status from other programs and we'd love to be your travel home.
We are matching status for 2016. To make sure you're all set for the year, please submit your request by January 11, 2016. You'll enjoy that status through March 2017.

All you need is something that shows your elite tier in another program and an HHonors number.

Email us at [email protected] and we'll help get you started.
Please note it may take a couple of days to process given the Thanksgiving holiday. We promise to process requests as quickly as possible and any request submitted prior to January 11, 2016, will be processed in time to enjoy your new status for the entire year.

Updated 12/18/15:

For anyone who is still interested in status matching to HHonors, we have created a site for registration:

HHonor My Status

Feel free to use this site in lieu of submitting an email.

Remember you have until January 11, 2016 - so act now!
Print Wikipost

Starwood + Marriott: How Will Hilton Respond? Elite Status Matches?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Duke787
Why not. Already have HH Gold via AMEX Surpass but might as well see if I can match up to Diamond if possible (Marriott Plat with 145 nights this year).

Was already looking at the Hilton The Walk / Hilton Jumeirah Beach / Conrad Dubai and this would save me having to buy up to an Executive room for guaranteed EL access.
I stayed at the Jumeirah beach residences back in 2011 and it was incredible.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:30 am

I'm Platinum Elite with Marriott but a new client may start asking me to stay at Hilton, so this is good timing. I've asked for Diamond and we'll see what they do.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
Thanks for notification on this opportunity. I have submitted my match request - will update when I hear back.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:36 pm

Took about 12 hours for me to get the 'auto reply', which I sent on the same day this was offered. IHG Spire trying to match to HHD. Was HHD last year which I ended up letting lapse due to losing interest in the chain.

Be interesting to see what ends up being offered, especially as I noted to them I was HHD last year.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:32 pm

Starwood + Marriott - How Will Hilton Respond?

I am Hilton Gold until 2017, but sent IHG Spire for matching, wonder what would they be offering. I got the Auto reply 14 hours after I sent the request.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Just sent my request and got the auto-reply within 10 mins.

Used to be HH Diamond but changed use to IHG mainly a few years ago after I found out there was no soft landing during a quiet year and I dropped to Silver. As I had IHG Platinum I took their benefits. Have kept HH Silver, so a match back up to HH Diamond would probably mean I used them more.

As I keep a high status in 3 chains with normal travel this will get them more of my business! Obviously their marketing aim.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by antichef
Just sent my request and got the auto-reply within 10 mins.

Used to be HH Diamond but changed use to IHG mainly a few years ago after I found out there was no soft landing during a quiet year and I dropped to Silver. As I had IHG Platinum I took their benefits. Have kept HH Silver, so a match back up to HH Diamond would probably mean I used them more.

As I keep a high status in 3 chains with normal travel this will get them more of my business! Obviously their marketing aim.
IHG Platinum isn't even the highest status of IHG. Why are you assuming that Hilton will match that with Diamond?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Why?

I am SPG Plat (earned), MR Gold (through UA match), Hyatt Diamond (SPG Plat match), HH Gold (earned the hard way, former Diamond). Prospect of MR benefits imposed on SPG Plat prompted match to Hyatt Diamond.

HH used to be nice for redemption, but devaluation took care of that. Diamond benefits are marginally better than Gold, guaranteed Executive Lounge access and maybe a potential upgrade.

At least in 2016 I'll have SPG and Hyatt for suite upgrades before MR completes merger, so HH may take a back seat. I may even let my HH Gold lapse.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Mile to Memories is reporting a Hyatt Diamond to Hilton Diamond match. Good for Hilton, I'm glad they are stepping into this arena.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
Mile to Memories is reporting a Hyatt Diamond to Hilton Diamond match. Good for Hilton, I'm glad they are stepping into this arena.
But why would anyone really want to go that direction??? I was ready to give the other way a shot, but Hyatt would only match Platinum (worthless) to Hilton Diamond by the time I inquired.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arlflyer
But why would anyone really want to go that direction??? I was ready to give the other way a shot, but Hyatt would only match Platinum (worthless) to Hilton Diamond by the time I inquired.
If you won't requalify for Hyatt Diamond for 2016, then why wouldn't you go that way?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you won't requalify for Hyatt Diamond for 2016, then why wouldn't you go that way?
I suppose that could be some minority of people...but Hyatt diamond is easier to get on stays than hhonors diamond...
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by hailstorm
IHG Platinum isn't even the highest status of IHG. Why are you assuming that Hilton will match that with Diamond?
Because I am now "Spire" and have asked for that to be matched. I had merely been explaining why when I dropped from HH Diamond with no soft landing straight to Silver, IHG Plat was better for me at that time when it was their top level - sorry if it was not clear.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
Thanks for posting that. I went to miles to memories and dug through Hilton's twitter feed. So far they've acknowledged that Hyatt Diamond and Marriott Platinum = Hilton Diamond. No word on SPG Plat (which is the documentation I sent), but I'd expect them to match that to Diamond. If not, I've got both Hyatt Diamond and Marriott LT Plat.

This is getting to be hilarious; until Marriott bought out SPG, all of the status matches were very stingy. Now that Hyatt's tried to grab some disgruntled SPG Plats, it's raining status matches.

A Hilton Diamond match changes my stay plans for next year. My goal was to renew Hyatt Diamond and burn as many points as possible that I've accumulated from multiple programs. Now I plan on renewing Hyatt Diamond and have extra stays go to Hilton. That probably won't be enough for Diamond but will be enough for Gold.

My daughter will be very happy about Hilton giving me Diamond because that means she'll continue to be the primary beneficiary of my hotel points.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anybody actually received their Hilton status match yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.