Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton
I just checked in here and the breakfast benefit is now a $12 voucher. No room upgrade with Gold for me...
jumbooze likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Also just checked in as a gold and got “upgraded” to a river view room looking straight across at “Trump” in giant letters. Hmmm. But I also thought the $12 breakfast vouchers were just fine.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 5:20 pm

I liked the hotel in general, but I will say be wary of staying on the top few floors on the weekend. We were three floors below the roof and heard loud music until well after midnight. Called down and they said it was a party in one of their private rooms. Yeah.. I can get hearing it right next door, but we were three floors lower (maybe two, I think the private party rooms may be on 21 not sure). Location is great and rooms were nice and comfy. View is lovely if you look to the left.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:04 pm
jtr

Programs: AC E50K, HH Diamond
My wife and I just completed a three night stay at Londonhouse. It was my second time staying at the property. Before arrival, I was offered a King Vista Suite (I believe that was the name!) for an additional $125/night — originally I booked a standard king. As a Diamond, I ignored the message, hoping to get upgraded (without a cost!) at check in. I was not upgraded, even when I asked and confirmed that there was availability.

The hotel staff were all very nice, welcoming, and extremely helpful during our stay. We were told that the $12 breakfast vouchers would work in the lobby “cafe” as well as the restaurant on the ground floor. When we received our bill and I presented the vouchers, we were told by the waiter that they were not valid in the lobby but we could “charge it to the room”… fortunately, the front desk took care of it for us.

Rooftop bar does have a great view as advertised, but the service was terrible and extremely slow. I was told by a few people that it operates independently from the hotel — not a big deal overall — it’s a busy roof top bar and worth spending a few minutes for the view. If you go, I would recommend one person order directly from the bar while the other grabs a seat… The lobby bar was really nice in the afternoon with great service and excellent drinks.

I love the location of the hotel -- right by Michigan Ave, the river, and a short walk to the parks, etc. Easy access to the CTA lines which is especially handy if traveling to/from O’Hare or exploring outside parts of Chicago that are out of walking range. Overall, it's a very nice property with clean, modern rooms and a nice atmosphere. Definitely recommend a visit!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:05 am
jtr

LondonHouse Chicago Availability

Hi All,

I'm trying to book LondonHouse in Chicago for a few days in July & August 2019. When I search, I can find availability up to July 1 -- then it goes to NO rooms available until January 2020...!

Any idea or intel on when availability gets released for this property? Was planning on doing a points or points & money stay, so would like to book through the website.

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:43 am

Weird! Seeing that as well. Must be some sort of glitch, unless the property is just really popular for six specific months, or they're taking the property offline - which seems strange given that it's so new. Historically this hasn't been a property with any issues showing availability.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Had his for the first time at Hilton Cardiff - was trying to book Dec 18 for a room early November 19 as big event is on there. ended up calling the hotel who advised that they werent opening booking for Nov 1 onwards until early January - which they did 2 days ago.
mswtravels likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:25 am
jtr

I just got off the phone with the hotel. They are unable to make any reservations between July 2019 and January 2020. System won't let them despite not being sold out or blocked off for any reason. They told me to call back again as the inventory may not be updating at this time (no kidding!).
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by jtr
I just got off the phone with the hotel. They are unable to make any reservations between July 2019 and January 2020. System won't let them despite not being sold out or blocked off for any reason. They told me to call back again as the inventory may not be updating at this time (no kidding!).
Curious - are you 100% certain that you spoke with someone at the hotel (physically sitting there), versus an outsourced agent on behalf of the hotel who is effectively using the same system that consumers see?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:16 am
jtr

I spoke with both hotel + was transferred to the central booking when they couldn't help. Apparently next step is someone with more access at the physical property (presumably this is what you're getting at?).

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:07 am

Yes, I just meant that sometimes when you call "reservations" for a given hotel, you're really transferred to a central call center, where an operator picks up in the name of the hotel and basically sees the same information that you can see online. Agreed that the next step would be to speak to someone who actually has some authority at the property, to ensure there isn't an actual material cause to this.
jtr likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:06 am
jtr

I spoke with the hotel yesterday and they indicated that July availability will post within a few weeks, August likely in a month or so... frustrating! Only accepting group reservations at this time for summer.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I stayed there for 3 nights last week as a Diamond.

Breakfast is a $12 voucher per person for the Land and Lake restaurant on the ground floor. This is sufficient to buy most items on the menu.

I booked a standard King room and was offered a paid upgrade to a Vista Suite at check-in which I wasn't interested in. Front desk promised a "nice upgraded room with a great river view" which was on the 14th floor. I'd checked the app check-in earlier in the exact same rooms where available on quite a few floors including higher ones. As I hadn't taken notice of the room numbers on the app it wasn't until I got to the room I realised it wasn't an upgrade in any way - I could have selected the very same room myself.

Overall it was a nice stay. The gym is great and the breakfast was great. The room was nice but it would have been nice to have actually had an upgraded room (even a Vista room), particularly since the hotel was so empty.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Curious - are you 100% certain that you spoke with someone at the hotel (physically sitting there), versus an outsourced agent on behalf of the hotel who is effectively using the same system that consumers see?
I noticed that too, there's been no availability from July onwards for several weeks. I suspect that Oxford Capital Group may be be pulling out of the deal with Curio/Hilton, although there haven't been any announcements yet.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:16 pm

Here for two nights. Upgraded to 1 bedroom suite for my diamond status. Was asked if I wanted corner King or 1 bedroom. Was given breakfast vouchers, 4 drink coupons, bottled water. So far enjoying the property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.