Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2001, 1:29 pm

Since I live in NYC, can't give any advice about which Hilton is the best for your needs (although have heard only nice things about Times Square Hilton). The Times Square Hilton is a block away from a stop for the N train. The NY Hilton is about 4 blocks from Rockefeller Center stop for the N train.

Old Dec 30, 2001, 2:03 pm

You won't receive HHonors points, but you can get the NY Hilton using Priceline for about $86/night + taxes. No guarantees, but since 9/11, NYC hotels have been giving it away (on Priceline).

If you are willing to give up your points to save thousands of $, then you may want to consider this. I have been successfully bidding NYC hotels for friends, family and associates for the past month -- haven't paid more than $86/night (+taxes and Priceline fees) yet.

Read the posts at BiddingForTravel.com for more insight and NYC bidding history.

cpd
Old Dec 30, 2001, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Although I agree with Droneklax's assessment of the NY Hilton as stated in this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003215.html

mid-week rooms are available there in January and February for $152.10 AAA.
Old Dec 30, 2001, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I'm a BIG priceline fan (I was one of the original moderators on Sheryl's board until a change in job responsibilities made me cut back this spring) and I averaged 7-8 Priceline nights/month until this past August. Since 9/11, Hilton's been bonusing so heavily and my travel has been to smaller cities, I have only had one Priceline stay. I would have only been saving $10-$15/night so I decided to requalify for HHonors Gold and get the double stay credit for a run at Diamond in 2002.

For this phase of this project, the dates and durations are highly subject to change. Unfortuately, that makes PL very risky to use except for day-of-stay bids.

I'll make Diamond by late March between other work projects and a couple of weekend hotel-stay-runs on leisure trips. It's just not worth the risk as long as I can find a place in the $195-$225/night range that will upgrade me. But if I have to stay across the river in NJ, I'd probably try to get something day-of-stay with Priceline.

I'm intrigued by the Doubletree Suites as it's on 7th Avenue near an N line stop, and I don't mind sacrificing other amenities for large rooms. Has anybody stayed there?
Old Dec 30, 2001, 4:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jja34-1:
The NY Hilton is about 4 blocks from Rockefeller Center stop for the N train.
</font>
It's also about 1.5 blocks from the 55th street entrance to the 57th Street stop.

Are you sure the N train is still your train of choice? There have been a lot of MTA changes since 911.
Old Dec 30, 2001, 9:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 767-322ETOPS:
Are you sure the N train is still your train of choice? There have been a lot of MTA changes since 911.</font>
I agree. You mentioned City Hall area; you could also stay at the Waldorf and catch the 4/5/6 trains downtown. This would involve catching the local at 50th street (right behind the waldorf) and switching to the express at Grand Central/42nd, but it might be worth it if you can get a good rate and your client is near a 4/5/6 stop.
Old Dec 30, 2001, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
Avoid the NY Hilton at all costs.....unless you likke rude staff, small rooms and poor food.

------------------
UA1K,Plt. AA, M/M DL,
Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plt, Starwood Plt.
Old Dec 31, 2001, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Key addresses are 40 Worth Street and 2811 Queens Plaza North.
Old Jan 25, 2002, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
I Need a Hotel in NYC but I don't know the area...

I'll be working at;
101 Murray Street
NY, NY 10007

The address seems to be W of the Brooklyn Bridge and South of the Holland tunnel. If you know the city and can make a few suggestions on where to stay I would be very appreciative. I’m also SPG Plt so if a Starwood property is closer that would be okay. I prefer to give HH the majority of my business until March 31 when the double status and miles ends.(now that SPG 1000/pts a night is ending)

Thx in advance for the help.
Old Jan 26, 2002, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
You can just about stay anywhere in NYC. The subway from midtown to downtown is about 15 minutes.

There is a Emb Suites in the Wall St area. It's located all the way on the west side by the Hudson River.

The Hilton is at 6th ave and 53 street in midtown. And the Sheraton is a block awa. As a matter of fact, there are loads of hotels in midtown!

Dan
Old Jan 26, 2002, 8:01 am

The Hilton Times Square is less than a block from Port Authority. From there, you can take the subway down to the office.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Jan 26, 2002, 9:34 am

The Waldorf is also a Hilton property. I was there 2 weeks ago with some great rates from Expedia. The 4 & 6 trains are half a block up. These will take you both up and downtown.
Old Jan 27, 2002, 3:31 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FrontDeskOne:
The Waldorf is also a Hilton property. I was there 2 weeks ago with some great rates from Expedia. The 4 & 6 trains are half a block up. These will take you both up and downtown.</font>
I just reserved a room at the Waldorf for later in Feb for only $10 more then the same room on Expedia at hilton.com, and hopefully will get the points, miles, and reservation bonus points that Expedia says you can't earn. Check both places, to me the extra $10 is worth the points.

Old Feb 25, 2002, 7:10 pm

Location: Vienna, VA - VS Silver, Hilton Gold, Amex Gold, Hyatt Diamond
NYC Sleeps 4? Pay for 2?

Is it possible to book a room for 2 with 2 double beds and then have 4 people stay? Any views as to if this is allowed?
Old Feb 25, 2002, 7:12 pm

If there are 2 adults and 2 kids - yes, it is allowed. If there are 4 adults and you reserve a room for 2 - no, it's not allowed. Can you get away with it - likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.