FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Honors members discounted room rates (trial) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1719549-honors-members-discounted-room-rates-trial.html)

Hilton Honors Ambassador Oct 26, 2015 11:04 am

Honors members discounted room rates (trial)

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you a heads up that you might see some discounted room rates on our websites, in our HHonors app and when you call HRCC for some hotels in a couple of markets over the next few months.

Depending on the time of the booking and the dates of stay, discounted rates will be available to HHonors members who book directly through a Hilton channel (HHonors app, website, phone, preferred corporate travel partners) at select hotels in New York, Miami, Houston and San Diego.

We frequently test new offerings and benefits as we always aim to provide the most value to our HHonors members.

Feel free to share your feedback/questions with me here or via PM and if I receive any more information, I’ll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Ashleigh

RenHoek Oct 26, 2015 12:11 pm

Thank you. Happy if you can provide additional clues when you get them. From your post, "the time of the booking and the dates of stay, discounted rates will be available". I'm assuming there is a formula for optimizing this. Wondering if it's last minute bookings, or some other plan. I guess we'll see in the next few months.

Thanks.

Sisosig Oct 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks, yesterday I noticed a 5% discount rate at some Californian hotels and at many New York ones. Now I understand why it wasn't showing up at all hotels.

Richmond_Surrey Oct 26, 2015 1:10 pm

Saw it when checking hotels in NYC, it was around $6 off from regular price.

dmodemd Oct 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Yeah seems to be active now... seeing things like this on Houston properties:

Was $199
Now
$195
Per Night (USD)
HHONORS DISCOUNT
Only when you book direct

Not a big discount ;)
AAA is $187 Pfft...

JBD Oct 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative (Post 25618003)
...Feel free to share your feedback/questions with me here...

Here's my feedback:

I appreciate that Hilton HHonors provides us with a company representative, and I appreciate all of the time and effort that you, Ashleigh, have taken on FTers behalf.

However, I wish that you could please use more descriptive thread titles - "HHonors Discount" is pretty vague.

Starwood has had official representatives participate on its FT forum almost since the beginning of FT. I think you could benefit by checking out how SPG's reps present its messages and PR. Here are a few threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-weekends.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ndar-year.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ber-rides.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

Thank you very much Ashleigh for considering to use more descriptive thread titles.

davie355 Oct 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Do elites get a bigger discount? They should - this would incent people to pursue status and/or get a cobranded credit card that confer elite status.

shorthauldad Oct 28, 2015 3:11 am

Originally Posted by davie355 (Post 25625878)
Do elites get a bigger discount?

No, AAA is apparently the new Diamond ;)

dmodemd Oct 29, 2015 10:50 am

Originally Posted by davie355 (Post 25625878)
Do elites get a bigger discount? They should - this would incent people to pursue status and/or get a cobranded credit card that confer elite status.

Hyatt did that for awhile with My Elite rate or something like that, which was a little bit more substantial than this discount.

Michael19887 Oct 29, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks for the update Ashleigh! I've seen a few instances when searching for upcoming off season winter stays in NY where this rate would save approximately $6.00 to $10.00/nt. My feedback would be that I would rather select from the rate options already available, and for Hilton to focus on offering improved on property benefits such as requiring all full service/luxury properties to provide a full breakfast for diamonds and a few confirmed suite upgrade certificates after spending XYZ number of nights per year with Hilton.

scubaccr Oct 29, 2015 3:11 pm

This cynic thinks it is more to do with killing off BPG opportunities where ota undercut by just $2-3

shorthauldad Oct 30, 2015 1:37 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 25635109)
This cynic thinks it is more to do with killing off BPG opportunities where ota undercut by just $2-3

I've had a BRGs refused for this kind of thing already, with the justification

the rate you claim[ed] was within the allowance made for rounding and currency conversion
They quoted the BRG T&Cs, but I failed to find an actual definition of this "allowance" :rolleyes:

Both Hilton.com and the 3rd party site were both pricing in the hotel's own currency, no currency conversion necessary. <sigh>

Sisosig Oct 30, 2015 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative (Post 25618003)
Feel free to share your feedback/questions with me here or via PM.

Not much feedback, so here's mine.

In the past in Europe we used to have a certain promotional rate, available to people who are employed with certain very large enterprises.

Unfortunately, this rate code was made public by virtually every hotel blogger in the universe as well as every coupon website worldwide. That's why I think most hotels decided to quit the rate. Which is bad, because in the past I often decided to make a last minute weekend trip at that rate.

So my feedback would be: couldn't you introduce some kind of club-card which would allow card holders to book 'unsold' rooms at a heavily discounted rates. I wouldn't even mind to pay for such a card, as long as it would bring back the opportunity to decide on a Thursday of Friday to book a stay at a specially attractive rate at hotels full of unsold inventory for that weekend.

sbiddle Nov 2, 2015 11:38 am

For those who have booked a hotel and now see a cheaper rate available is it best to just cancel the original booking to receive the cheaper price or will Hilton drop the existing booking price to match?

Michael19887 Nov 2, 2015 11:43 am

A bit more info...

*Valid for Hilton HHonors members only. Offer subject to availability at participating hotels and resorts in Houston, San Diego, Miami, New York City. HHonors members booking within a 14 day window prior to their stay will receive 2% off the hotel's Best Available Rate (“BAR”) all days of the week. Members booking 15 days or more prior to their stay will receive 3% off BAR for stays Sunday – Thursday and 10% for off for stays Friday – Saturday.