Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Honors members discounted room rates (trial)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors members discounted room rates (trial)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2016, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KRS
I am new to the Hilton chain, and I am seeing the "WINTER SALE - MEMBER RATE" available at hotels I am considering for stays in October. As the properties are quite expensive, I would prefer to wait and not prepay now if it can be avoided. Having said that the discount to the flexible rates is quite substantial. Does Hilton run these types of promos regularly; i.e is there an established pattern or should I pull the trigger now?
the winter sale is usually pretty good, but it has been better in prior years. There will be summer and other promos as well, but you never know what they'll be.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by cfischer
the winter sale is usually pretty good, but it has been better in prior years. There will be summer and other promos as well, but you never know what they'll be.
There are some good rates right now, but I am hesitant to book non refundable. Things change too easily. Since our travels are in April, will hold off a bit.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
There are some good rates right now, but I am hesitant to book non refundable. Things change too easily. Since our travels are in April, will hold off a bit.
If you know you are going and the rates are good for April ... I'd book now. These rates are usually valid till 1/31 and once you add some of the going cashbacks of 6% I am sure it'll come out right
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:16 am

Now official & unrestricted: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...worldwide.html
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:04 am

I'm usually very leery of booking non-refundable rates at a hotel. The discount is generally very small - $20 or less per night - and as you said rates tend to fluctuate. When booking airfare, the difference is substantial - several hundreds of dollars in most cases, so it generally pays to book non-refundable (and hope your travel plans don't change!).
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:58 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
I'm usually very leery of booking non-refundable rates at a hotel. The discount is generally very small - $20 or less per night - and as you said rates tend to fluctuate. When booking airfare, the difference is substantial - several hundreds of dollars in most cases, so it generally pays to book non-refundable (and hope your travel plans don't change!).
These "Hhonors Discount" rates appear to be changeable and refundable and if weekend stays are booked more than 15 days in advance(10% discount), they do give that advantage over the non-refundable and non changeable Advance Payment rates for weekend stays. For other bookings, the discount is very small, 2 or 3%.

Last edited by cjd; Feb 16, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.