Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-PA}

The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-PA}

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 10, 17, 2:57 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 4aks
Wiki Link
The new Curio Philadelphia property is now available to book - in the Hilton system Jan 15th, 2016 onward

Soft opening is Dec 1st, 2015, reservations can be made directly with the hotel

http://curiocollection3.hilton.com/e...QQQ/index.html
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 10, 15, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
The Logan, a Curio Hotel (Philadelphia) {US-PA) (not yet Honors, open Nov 2015)

Philly.com is reporting that the former Four Seasons is being redesigned/relaunched as a Curio for Hilton property later this fall:

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines..._old_home.html
Old Jun 10, 15, 12:29 pm

Interesting that they went with the Curio brand at a former Four Seasons property. I would have thought that they would have gone with WA, given that Philly is sort of an old-money, old-business kind of place where that name, I'd think, would have more pull. Though they did try a WA a couple years ago and it never materialized, so maybe they didn't want to tempt fate.
Old Oct 21, 15, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Arrow The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-PA}

The new Curio Philadelphia property is now available to book - in the Hilton system Jan 15th, 2016 onward

Soft opening is Dec 1st, 2015, reservations can be made directly with the hotel

http://curiocollection3.hilton.com/e...QQQ/index.html
Old Jan 27, 16, 8:36 am

Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
Has anyone stayed at this hotel yet? Any reports on Diamond amenities?
Old Jan 27, 16, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by thphilly View Post
Has anyone stayed at this hotel yet? Any reports on Diamond amenities?
I'm on my second stay now

They are still doing a lot of work on the property, but it's coming together well, the completed areas look nice

They issue $15 food and beverage coupons instead of a breakfast ... you can spend it at breakfast, or you can spend it at the bar.

Unfortunately this is a physical coupon you have to carry around - they reluctantly will apply it to your bill at the front desk, but this went badly last week. They didn't apply the credits for two coupons against a $30 f&b cost. After several followup calls, they straightened it out, but made additional billing mistakes along the way.

I checked out 7 days ago, and there is still no stay credit/points in my HHonors account.

If they straighten out the services, it'll be one of the best hotels in town.

The rooms look nice, but aren't setup well - they left the old bathtubs in, and there is a lack of power outlets. This is the second room I've been in, and to use the clothes iron, I need to have the ironing board in the bathroom. To plug in my electronics in reach of the bed, I've needed to move the bed and/or bedside furniture. They tried to address this problem with an alarm clock that has a usb port and a iphone lightning connector, but it doesn't suffice for me.

Still doesn't beat the Hyatt. The renovated Hyatt rooms look great, have very nice bathrooms with walk-in showers, and are properly designed with power outlets.
Old Jan 28, 16, 1:41 pm

Do they have a lounge here?
Old Jan 28, 16, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Moimeme View Post
Do they have a lounge here?
no lounge
bar and restaurant are both great, except that they close at 11pm
Old Feb 5, 16, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, SPG, National
Had a one-night stay as a Diamond here this week.

At check in I asked if they had a larger room or suite and told them I did not care about the view - so they gave me an executive suite with literally no view at all (it looked right at the building next door) on the second floor. The suite was decently sized with a very nice bathroom with great shower (no tub).

For a hotel that, from what I can tell, is trying to flirt with WA level ratings, it is nice, but falls short. No turn down service, no club/lounge, slow to reply bell hop and concierge. The valet was excellent and quick, though.

I'd probably not go back to the Logan for the increased cost but not quite the level of service or luxury as the name should demand. The bars are pretty cool - but loud. The spa seemed very nice but I did not go in, just looked around.

I also ran into the $15 voucher problem. You can use it for room service, but apparently I was supposed to give it to the room service delivery person and I instead gave it on check out. It took about five minutes to straighten that out.
Old Feb 6, 16, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by paterwdb View Post

At check in I asked if they had a larger room or suite and told them I did not care about the view - so they gave me an executive suite with literally no view at all (it looked right at the building next door) on the second floor. The suite was decently sized with a very nice bathroom with great shower (no tub).

For a hotel that, from what I can tell, is trying to flirt with WA level ratings, it is nice, but falls short. No turn down service, no club/lounge, slow to reply bell hop and concierge. The valet was excellent and quick, though.

I'd probably not go back to the Logan for the increased cost but not quite the level of service or luxury as the name should demand. The bars are pretty cool - but loud. The spa seemed very nice but I did not go in, just looked around.

I also ran into the $15 voucher problem. You can use it for room service, but apparently I was supposed to give it to the room service delivery person and I instead gave it on check out. It took about five minutes to straighten that out.
Thinking about staying here. Any photos?
Old Feb 7, 16, 2:06 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I was sort of in the spa when it was the FS. I had a massage, and was taken to one of the "overflow" treatment rooms upstairs on a regular stay floor - pretty weird padding up the elevator and down a hall in a robe and slippers with regular street-clothed guests.

Did get to use the pool after and it was very nice - even though it was supposed to be for all hotel guests, there were just 2-3 people there when I was there, all of them spa people (could tell from the robes).

We stayed next door at the ES and we really like that hotel for both the price and space. We also had dinner one night at the FS, which was very nice. Look forward to seeing the changes next time, too (we will again stay at the ES).
Old Mar 24, 16, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by paterwdb View Post

The $15 vouchers continue to be a problem - the front desk will give you a set of these in lieu of proper Hilton status benefits.

The Logan Hotel on-site restaurant is a steakhouse called the 'Urban Farmer'. They had a problem with my colleagues and I using the vouchers at dinner last week.

The Urban Farmer at the Logan acknowledged, apologized, and really made a significant effort to bring us back and make it right. I'll stick with the property.

Last edited by 4aks; Mar 31, 16 at 8:26 pm
Old Apr 28, 16, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
are the lifts at this property keycarded?
Old Apr 28, 16, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by sarahluv View Post
are the lifts at this property keycarded?
Don't count on it, but it would be good to have someone report in the second week of May ... the rooftop bar opens Thursday May 5th - I would expect they would set up the elevators to allow anyone to get to the rooftop, but a keyscan would be required to get to the guestroom floors ... while the renovation has been nice in the overhauled areas, I think they are a bit short in some of the traditional infrastructure

Good luck finding a power outlet in a guestroom
Old Apr 28, 16, 11:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by 4aks View Post
Don't count on it, but it would be good to have someone report in the second week of May ... the rooftop bar opens Thursday May 5th - I would expect they would set up the elevators to allow anyone to get to the rooftop, but a keyscan would be required to get to the guestroom floors ... while the renovation has been nice in the overhauled areas, I think they are a bit short in some of the traditional infrastructure

Good luck finding a power outlet in a guestroom
i'm staying there in the 2nd week of May so i'll report back!
Old May 12, 16, 12:15 pm

i'm now at the Logan, no keycards for the lifts. i'll report back on the rooftop bar.

the $15 voucher isn't valid in the rooftop bar.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: