Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Don't think there is any uber in Japan. Train is an option

Looks like there is Uber and Lyft in Tokyo.

Can you explain the train option? (which train, get off where, travel time, approx cost,etc)?
Old May 2, 2018, 4:50 pm

Sorry, uber exists but it's just a way to get a taxi. Not uber in the us sense.
Assume lyft is the same.

for train options, jump on hyperdia. I think you can do it with a single tf to the driverless monorail.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:00 pm

Sorry, uber exists but it's just a way to get a taxi. Not uber in the us sense.
Assume lyft is the same.

for train options, jump on hyperdia. I think you can do it with a single tf to the driverless monorail.
Ah bummer--lyft and uber are basically just platforms to hail cabs it sounds like

I checked out hyperdia--pretty cool, but couldn't find anything without 1 transfer.
With luggage and 4 people (2 being kids) after a transpacific flight, seems like cabbing it is the best option

Too bad the bus has like an 8 hour gap where there is no service. any reason why? Maybe low volume of flights to/from the airport at that hour? seems strange since we're flying JAL.

If I am cabbing it-any advantage of using uber/lyft platforms vs just paying for a cab at the airport? Dunno if price is different.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:09 pm

Taxi will be quite expensive. And if you have a lot of luggage you may have issues, there is really only 1 size and it's not huge.

a single transfer isn't hard, but I can understand your reluctance. I would weigh up the taxi cost (and potential need for 2) if you aren't light travellers vs the hassle of a transfer at Shimbashi to the automated line (yurikamome) (which is the easiest way I think, but that's from memory).

No advantage to uber, would be worse as there would be plenty of taxis at the airport to just grab from the queue.

bus wise, I think demand to that area is generally low, and Haneda was/is mainly domestic so most people are home by night.

last time I got in at 10pm and literally was running with luggage to grab the last transfers all the way along my journey. Taxi wasn't an option due to luggage size!!
Old May 2, 2018, 5:17 pm

Taxi will be quite expensive. And if you have a lot of luggage you may have issues, there is really only 1 size and it's not huge.

a single transfer isn't hard, but I can understand your reluctance. I would weigh up the taxi cost (and potential need for 2) if you aren't light travellers vs the hassle of a transfer at Shimbashi to the automated line (yurikamome) (which is the easiest way I think, but that's from memory).

No advantage to uber, would be worse as there would be plenty of taxis at the airport to just grab from the queue.

bus wise, I think demand to that area is generally low, and Haneda was/is mainly domestic so most people are home by night.

last time I got in at 10pm and literally was running with luggage to grab the last transfers all the way along my journey. Taxi wasn't an option due to luggage size!!
Uber estimates is about $55 which isn't too bad, although not cheap either. we'll have 1 checkin bag (larger size), 1 carry on bag (standard carry on size), 1 garment bag (can fold flat) and an umbrella stroller (collapsible). Hopefully can all fit in the trunk, but if not, hopefully I can find one of those minivan taxis. I saw quite a few when I was in Tokyo a few years ago.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:30 pm

$55 is a bargain, and that much will easily fit. I'd take a taxi at that price.

It seems easier to see minivan taxis when you don't need one... 🤔
Old May 2, 2018, 8:21 pm

Complimentary Pool access for Diamond Members?

I'm aware there is a charge to use the pool but read that the fee is waived if you're a Diamond member

I emailed Hilton Odaiba reservations to clarify and they responded that all guests must pay a fee, regardless of tier status.

Is this true and if so, did that policy change recently?

I see many complaints on Tripadvisor about the pool fee and the generic response from management is, "Please be advised that having reviewed valuable feedback from our guests, we actually have amended our procedure for Hilton H Honors Diamond Members and now H Honors Diamond members are entitled to use our swimming pool facility with our compliments since February 2016"

The most recent response with that wording is as of 8/17.

hopefully policy hasn't changed and I can access the pool without paying the fee. Anyone have any recent experience?
Old May 2, 2018, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The pool itself is only so-so. The only real attraction is the outdoor jacuzzi overlooking the bay and the shopping area. That part is even worth paying to use.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
The pool itself is only so-so. The only real attraction is the outdoor jacuzzi overlooking the bay and the shopping area. That part is even worth paying to use.
but do you have to pay if your'e Diamond ?
Old May 2, 2018, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kayexalate
but do you have to pay if your'e Diamond ?
That I can't tell you. I didn't have to, but my last stay was over a year ago.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Uber estimates is about $55 which isn't too bad, although not cheap either. we'll have 1 checkin bag (larger size), 1 carry on bag (standard carry on size), 1 garment bag (can fold flat) and an umbrella stroller (collapsible). Hopefully can all fit in the trunk, but if not, hopefully I can find one of those minivan taxis. I saw quite a few when I was in Tokyo a few years ago.
I took a taki from Haneda to the Hilton Odaiba about 3 weeks ago and the total was definitely under $60 (believe it was ~$58). I think it would be worth every penny - especially if you’re traveling with children. I tried using uber first but couldn’t get it to work - it was available but ‘crashed’ everything I tried to request a ride. Re: your luggage, you shouldn’t have any issues fitting that in a regular taxi. The drivers usually carry a bungee cord that allows them to leave the trunk partially opened, so they can fit more things if needed.
Old May 6, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Hi, I'm arriving on a Sunday evening (2 adults, 2 kids) to HND airport, arriving at 19:15. So after baggage and immigration, I suspect it will be close to 21:00

Looks like there is only one airport shuttle bus for the rest of the evening:

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba?Routes,Timetables,Fares?Airport Limousine Bus

Strange there is no airport buses from 16:05 to 23:05 if I'm reading correctly

Besides Taxi or Uber do I have any other options that don't involve any transfers? (with 2 tired kids and bags, I want something direct)

If not, is Uber much cheaper than a taxi? I presume it would be and just as safe/convenient.
Just got back from 10 days trip last week.

Uber is actually more expensive in Tokyo compared to Taxi, for example a trip from Shibuya area to Conrad Tokyo was showing 5000-7000 JPY on the Uber Apps but actual taxi fare was only 3000JPY.

And Haneda is not that far from Odaiba though I believe there is a toll fare when crossing the rainbow bridge that you will need to pay

I'm aware there is a charge to use the pool but read that the fee is waived if you're a Diamond member
FWIW during my stay on 30/4-1/5, I've received 2 ticket to access the spa & pool facilities (didn't use it in the end though)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Is this hotel really worth more than 20,000 to 25,000 JPY per night considering it's not that central, and public transport to the city centre involves at least 2 to 3 metro/subway lines ?

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jan 22, 2019 at 5:33 pm
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It depends on what the purpose of your stay will be.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by hailstorm
It depends on what the purpose of your stay will be.

Tourism and leisure holiday mostly.
I have been to Tokyo before...not at this hotel, but I have stayed in that bay/harbour area.

The Hilton Odaiba rooms with bay views and open balconies appeal to me....but the non central location and inconvenient transport connections do not.
Anything over 20k/25k JPY per night for this hotel seems quite overpriced to me, considering the above, unless someone can give me a reason it's justified.

Also, points wise the Hilton Odaiba is 60,000 points per night, which is the same rate as the other Tokyo Hilton in the Shinjuku area, which is much more central and with better transport connections. (Some nights at the Odaiba are a bit lower at 45k, 53k or 57k points per night, but not many. Most are at 60k points).

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jan 22, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.