Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:00 am

Yikes, just sent this to our T&E for them to consider removing it from our corporate hotels list.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by SPBanker
OriginalName, thanks for the review. I am looking for a hotel in Tokyo in March, and Hilton Odaiba is significantly cheaper on my dates than Hilton Tokyo or Hyatt Regency. New EL sounds tempting...
Hopefully things will improve by then. They could have just had an off day and others may have a better experience I had. After all, the hotel has great reviews on TripAdvisor.

Originally Posted by Phaze
Yikes, just sent this to our T&E for them to consider removing it from our corporate hotels list.
For staying on business, I think the Shinjuku Hilton or Conrad are much better located than the Hilton Odaiba. I would only stay at the Odaiba property on business if I had to go to a client office on/nearby Odaiba.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OriginalName
For staying on business, I think the Shinjuku Hilton or Conrad are much better located than the Hilton Odaiba. I would only stay at the Odaiba property on business if I had to go to a client office on/nearby Odaiba.
The location can't be beat if you're pitching something to Fuji Television!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:52 pm

OriginalName, thanks very much for the detailed review. I had meant to check out this new Hilton addition on my next visit to Tokyo, but I think I will skip now that I read your comments. The transport issues alone were enough to put me off.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by phoochka
OriginalName, thanks very much for the detailed review. I had meant to check out this new Hilton addition on my next visit to Tokyo, but I think I will skip now that I read your comments. The transport issues alone were enough to put me off.
I second this. I've made a change as well. Originally booked for a night next week. Really looked forward to seeing the EL lounge but OriginalName's review made me reconsider. Going back to Hilton Tokyo and to the easier transportation options in Shinjuku.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:42 am

Going here next week, hope to get upgrade to executive floor as gold member.

Will report about lounge if I get access.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
I stayed at the Odaiba Hilton in November 2015. I was pleasantly surprised. I checked in around 7PM which was very quick and efficient. I was told that the executive lounge was not yet open. They gave me 4 drink coupons, which were very nice as they did not restrict the drink to some cheap well drink. I thought the room was clean, with a very large bathroom. The buffet breakfast the next morning was great as it was not limited to a continental only like most properties. I had a flight out of HND that afternoon. They had a bus service which cost 520 yen, it did however stop at a couple hotels before getting to HND.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:31 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I booked one night in March. Most premium rooms were under 50,000/night.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SPBanker
I booked one night in March. Most premium rooms were under 50,000/night.
Keep checking back from time to time. I booked a room at ~39000 points, then canceled and rebooked for the same night at ~37000 a couple weeks later.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spent Sunday night here, my second Hilton award stay as a Diamond following a very nice stay at the Conrad Tokyo.

You can find many pictures in the recent timeline of my http://twitter.com/tokyohyattfanTwitter account.

Pros:
Really solid new Executive Lounge. Friendly staff. Great selection of sweets for Tea Time, evening cocktail offerings were good enough to make a meal of, and the lounge breakfast was a good enough subset of the restaurant offerings to make it worth considering. Beautiful design...the outdoor area reminds me of the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. Will be nice once it gets a little warmer.

Great location in the heart of Odaiba. You should be able to get a day or two's worth of entertainment out of the area without ever having to get on a train.

Cons:
Other than the lounge, poor treatment of Diamonds. Asked for an upgrade to a suite at check-in because online availability was wide open, and they steadfastly refused to do anything more than offer paying the difference between a base room. Ended up getting a "Twin Executive", which didn't seem like more than a basic room on a high floor to me. And even Diamonds are forced to pay to use the hotel pool.

Rooms look unchanged since the building's original opening in 1995. A disappointing comedown compared to the fashionable lounge.

Restaurant breakfast was sub-standard. They made me the worst white omelette I've ever seen, hard on the outside and raw on the inside.

Overall, I think Hilton Tokyo Odaiba is an acceptable option for a short stay if you can get it for under 20000 yen or 40000 points a night. But don't expect anything more than the property claims to offer.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
@hailstorm
Their elite treatment and F&B quality doesn't surprise me at all..

They really have a long way to go if they want to compete with the Conrad and other Hilton.

Although I guess the exec lounge redeems it a little. Besides the omelette, how did you find the breakfast offering? I thought it was pretty decent, but only had about 10 minutes for a quick bite.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OriginalName
@hailstorm
Their elite treatment and F&B quality doesn't surprise me at all..

They really have a long way to go if they want to compete with the Conrad and other Hilton.

Although I guess the exec lounge redeems it a little. Besides the omelette, how did you find the breakfast offering? I thought it was pretty decent, but only had about 10 minutes for a quick bite.
Breakfast was acceptable. Restaurant breakfast was slightly better than Hilton Tokyo Bay, not as good as the Hyatt Regency Tokyo. But the loungr offerings were better than HR Tokyo lounge breakfast. Going forward, I would probably just eat all my breakfasts there in the lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Breakfast was acceptable. Restaurant breakfast was slightly better than Hilton Tokyo Bay, not as good as the Hyatt Regency Tokyo. But the loungr offerings were better than HR Tokyo lounge breakfast. Going forward, I would probably just eat all my breakfasts there in the lounge.
I have not stayed here yet, the location puts me off a lot. Transportation options are limited and expensive, so this should be a prime consideration when booking this hotel.

I have, however, stayed at 2 hotels in Japan that had both been taken over by a major brand within 6 months- Hilton Niseko Village (formerly Prince Higashiyama in Dec 2008) and The Kiriro, a Tribute Portfolio hotel (formerly Hotel Piano).

As I have stayed at the Niseko property every year since, it seems to take around 12 months for them to start to adapt to the chain branding and offerings, including giving better upgrades. It is common in Japan for hotels to nickel and dime everything and pools/fitness centres are the worst.

I think you will find the pool to be free within 18 months of takeover, at least for diamonds and probably golds. Please complain to Hilton and this will push things along.

Similarly with the checkin time. The Japanese can be pretty crazy about their rules at times and we have seen this "3pm and not a second prior" in several other places. Again, once full conversion takes place and with enough complaints they will begin to function like a "normal" hotel.

On the plus side, they will always offer full breakfast for diamonds and probably golds because that is also the done thing in Asia, and you will never get less than the minimum stated benefits on the HH website.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I have not stayed here yet, the location puts me off a lot. Transportation options are limited and expensive, so this should be a prime consideration when booking this hotel.
Like the Hilton Tokyo Bay, the location is excellent for one specific purpose. If you have no interest in exploring Odaiba, then you should not stay at Hilton Tokyo Odaiba.
I have, however, stayed at 2 hotels in Japan that had both been taken over by a major brand within 6 months- Hilton Niseko Village (formerly Prince Higashiyama in Dec 2008) and The Kiriro, a Tribute Portfolio hotel (formerly Hotel Piano).
I've also stayed at Hilton Odawara soon after it converted from a SPAUSA. Odaiba is moving much quicker...it took several years for Hilton to truly make the Odawara property its own.

Similarly with the checkin time. The Japanese can be pretty crazy about their rules at times and we have seen this "3pm and not a second prior" in several other places. Again, once full conversion takes place and with enough complaints they will begin to function like a "normal" hotel.
Had no issue with this. Arrived a little after 1pm, and after the suite upgrade misunderstandings and ultimate failure, we were in our room before 1:30.

OTOH, Aman Tokyo didn't let us into our room a second before 3pm...
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, scotpoints
I am looking to book 4 nights in Tokyo midweek in March on a leisure trip. As a Gold, what do people think are the chances of an upgrade to a room with executive lounge access?

We are flying in and out of Haneda, so Odaiba is a convenient location. We have been to the Hilton in Shinjuku before and would consider it again. I have ruled out the Conrad as its rates are more than I am prepared to pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.