Hampton Inn Salem {US-VA}

Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Arrow Hampton Inn Salem {US-VA}

Time of Stay: Mid-July 2015. I got a very late start from TN, so rather then drive all the way to DC, I stopped off in southwestern VA.

Target Audience: Visitors to Roanoke, VA; Salem, VA; Visitors to Virginia Tech who couldn't get a room closer in; I-81 Travelers

Hotel: The hotel was brand new (by brand new I mean truly brand new, NOT simply renovated). When I arrived late at night however, I had trouble parking due to a completely full parking lot. Luckily the Night Manager let me park in the area where you pull up initially to check in.

The hotel has a very large lobby area as well as dedicated meeting room space. In addition, there is an indoor pool, but like most modern hotels unfortunately, a large bathtub could possibly have given it competition.

Check In: Arrived at 12am...once parked the Night Manager got me checked in ASAP.

Room: HUGE bedroom containing 1 California King Bed. The mattress was softer then other Hampton Inns I've stayed in (a positive detail to me). Again, brand new furnishings. I did not try the internet. The soundproofing was GREAT. Even though I was right next to an interstate, I didn't hear any road noise, and also didn't hear any other guests.

Other: They had a standard Hampton Inn breakfast, but I woke up too late to enjoy it.

The room was around $100. This was one of my better Hampton Inn stays. I will keep this hotel in mind if I'm driving back to DC from down South and I need to stay the night while on the road.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.