Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

I cannot see award availability. Diamond desk says due to my low point balance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum

All of the sudden when I am searching for award availability I am only seeing the dollar amount, not the point amount. Diamond desk is saying it is because I have a low point balance.

Early this week I wiped out my account booking my parents a room in Paris for a week, so my balance is just over 1k points. I have never had a balance this low, and by next week Im sure will be back to 30-40K. However, this does not seem like it can be correct. I have looked at many rooms that I did not have the points for, it always says you will need to purchase x amount of points for x amount of $.

If am not logged in, it will show me rooms for points, but since I am diamond, this is not the amount I would be paying.

Has anyone experienced this?

TT
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:40 pm
cjd

Yes, that happens. If you do not have enough points in your account, it will either say no rooms available for points or you have to purchase the required number of points. When you log out of your account, it will give the number of points required for the Award booking.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
Originally Posted by Techtravler
All of the sudden when I am searching for award availability I am only seeing the dollar amount, not the point amount. Diamond desk is saying it is because I have a low point balance.

Early this week I wiped out my account booking my parents a room in Paris for a week, so my balance is just over 1k points. I have never had a balance this low, and by next week Im sure will be back to 30-40K. However, this does not seem like it can be correct. I have looked at many rooms that I did not have the points for, it always says you will need to purchase x amount of points for x amount of $.

If am not logged in, it will show me rooms for points, but since I am diamond, this is not the amount I would be paying.

TT
The only time the amount you would be using less points as a diamond vs anybody else is if you book more than 4 nights (since you get every 5th night free). Otherwise the cost is exactly the same.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Techtravler

TT
As noted by others this is a common issue. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...fter-sign.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ilability.html
And as also noted by NYC2TheWorld you only receive an elite discount on points stays when you are booking for more than four nights.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16555283-post3.html
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by NYC2TheWorld
The only time the amount you would be using less points as a diamond vs anybody else is if you book more than 4 nights (since you get every 5th night free). Otherwise the cost is exactly the same.
The 5th award night free is open to ANY Elite member (Silver, Gold, and Diamond). This is NOT a Diamond benefit.

The Diamond exclusive benefit is hotels sometimes will open extra award availability to Diamonds which you can't see unless you sign in AND have enough points.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
I use a lot of points and have found that if I don't have enough points it wont show me what it would cost in points to book. I think they need to change this on the web site. I probably use around 1 million points a year and run into this a few times a year when building back up my points.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Yep just booked last week when booking sold me the exact points 2-3k range to make my balance post booking as exactly zero. Since then balance 250points due to Hampton stay

Now
A)not signed in I can see points for any hotel if available
B)signed in with 250pt balance I just see a Cat 1 hotel if points and cash 19euro + 2k. Available but if only award at 5k I don't see it.

Also if I search not signed in to get results list to show award nights and then sign in I still see same searched results of points hotels BUT if I select hotel then the booking option of points is not offered !

So no book/cancel option here with HH to points into account , one had to either buy on HH. or xfer in from somewhere

In future I think I'll book all awards as points + cash rather than drain my balance again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.