Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Old Aug 7, 20, 5:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott, Hilton Diamond, National
Apparently this location is temporarily closing.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Aug 7, 20, 6:26 pm

Not surprising. It's two main sources of revenue are in-house conventions and visitors to Disney World. Conventions have stopped completely. And while Disney World has re-opened, all the tweets and YouTube videos I've seen show the parks as virtual ghost towns.

I tried, without luck, to see how actually owns the property in an attempt to guess how vulnerable this property is to bankruptcy. They completed a massive renovation of all their public spaces (including adding a lazy river to the pool complex) at the end of 2016. As such, they probably have higher-than-normal bills to pay.

I wouldn't be shocked to see owner of this property go into bankruptcy instead of trying to survive. Seems like being one of the first hotels to close instead of the last would be preferable as there might be more buyers. But, that's just me applying common sense. I could be wrong about how that side of the financial world works.

Originally Posted by chrisny2 View Post
Apparently this location is temporarily closing.
Don't answer if you're not comfortable discussing your private travel plans, but when was your stayed scheduled? I know this property was expecting to re-open on October 1, 2020.

Last edited by writerguyfl; Aug 7, 20 at 6:30 pm Reason: Added question.
Old Aug 7, 20, 8:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by writerguyfl View Post

Don't answer if you're not comfortable discussing your private travel plans, but when was your stayed scheduled? I know this property was expecting to re-open on October 1, 2020.
Approximately September 22th. Just got that email today.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Aug 8, 20, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2 View Post
Approximately September 22th. Just got that email today.
In that case, perhaps they are still planning to re-open in October. They've actually been closed since the last week of March.

I would have expected them to notify guests staying before October of their closure long ago. Fortunately, you'll have tons of Hilton-branded options if you are still traveling.
Old Aug 8, 20, 8:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by writerguyfl View Post
In that case, perhaps they are still planning to re-open in October. They've actually been closed since the last week of March.

I would have expected them to notify guests staying before October of their closure long ago. Fortunately, you'll have tons of Hilton-branded options if you are still traveling.
Oh wow, I hadn't realized they had been closed! Weird that they waited so long to notify, but maybe they were hoping to open earlier. (And yes, lots of options around!)
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Aug 8, 20, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Lots of better options nearby. BVP was our most disappointing Hilton stay in Orlando. We’ve stayed here, HBC, W-A, and DT Suites. Check out the Orlando-specific thread in this forum for good options.
Old Aug 8, 20, 7:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
Lots of better options nearby. BVP was our most disappointing Hilton stay in Orlando. We’ve stayed here, HBC, W-A, and DT Suites. Check out the Orlando-specific thread in this forum for good options.
That's what I hear. For me, walking distance to Disney Springs is a must, so I've been ok with this property. The rooms could use a deep refresh. But I think the diamond breakfast is really great, as far as theme park area restaurants go.

(That said, pre-COVID, I was a regular at Raglan Road in Disney Springs - I knew their main house band and would often be there until 1am, then would walk back to one of the Hiltons or the Wyndham. Now that my favorite entertainers are gone and the places close earlier, it might not be as critical for me to stay walking distance. We'll see how things change as time goes on!)
writerguyfl likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: