Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santiago - Vitacura {CHL}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santiago - Vitacura {CHL}

Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santiago - Vitacura {CHL}

Recently had two stays here; one night and then a 3 night.

Pros:

Got a great rate using MVP for $95/nt with no taxes paying in USD.
Relatively new in an accessible location - 5 min walk to metro.
Rooms clean and serviced promptly.
Many nearby choices for good (but a little pricey) meals.
Staff is friendly and helpful.
As a diamond they gave me a 5pm check-out

Cons:

No EL
They don't automatically give upgrades and had to ask. Upgraded room was just a better view.
Rooms are fairly small.
They seems to go a bit cheap in some areas: breakfast buffet was so-so, two pieces of notepad paper (both times) that wasn't replaced, one bottle of water, bathroom amenities below average, no clock in room.
Still working out how to run the hotel - my second stay reserved at the MVP site was not in their "system". I had to email them my reservations to get the price. HHonors show 2 reservations on same nights and I anticipate this being a problem.
Diamond recognition - "thanks for being a diamond, here's your cookie"

Overall, I'd give the property a 5/10. At a <$100 rate I'd stay again.

From the airport with little luggage you can take the bus to the metro and be there in around 60 minutes for 2,200 CLP. I wouldn't do it with a lot of luggage or during rush hour.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Santiago DoubleTree International Billing Issue, Advice Needed

I am having an issue resolving a billing issue for a recent stay and I'd like some advice on how to proceed.

I had a recent stay at the Santiago DoubleTree, I booked 3 nights. At checkout my CC was initially charged for 2 nights. I pointed out the issue and a second charge was made for the remaining night. Upon reviewing my CC activity I noticed that only the second charge went through so I've been under charged.

I called HH and was told I have to address this with the Hotel. I explained that I don't have INTL calling on my cellphone and asked if there was an email address that I could use to contact the hotel. The HH rep said hold on and checked with another department. The answer, nope, I will have to call.

Suggestions? Other than doing nothing and waiting to see if they figure it out themselves.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TomMM
I am having an issue resolving a billing issue for a recent stay and I'd like some advice on how to proceed.

I had a recent stay at the Santiago DoubleTree, I booked 3 nights. At checkout my CC was initially charged for 2 nights. I pointed out the issue and a second charge was made for the remaining night. Upon reviewing my CC activity I noticed that only the second charge went through so I've been under charged.

I called HH and was told I have to address this with the Hotel. I explained that I don't have INTL calling on my cellphone and asked if there was an email address that I could use to contact the hotel. The HH rep said hold on and checked with another department. The answer, nope, I will have to call.

Suggestions? Other than doing nothing and waiting to see if they figure it out themselves.
Billing issues are handled by the property. That is the nature of the franchise hotel model. Skype calling can be cheap.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by TomMM

For future use if anyone else needs to contact them: You can write an email to [email protected] They also have a facebook page
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:45 pm

Very Nice Doubltree but Safety was Compromised.

On December 6, We checked into the DoubleTree, in Santiago - Vitacura. A very nice hotel. Luis, at the front desk, greeted us and was very professional. After checking into our nice room, we retired for a nap after our long flight. At ~1700, we went down to the front desk to request our complimentary two bottles of water. After receiving our bottles of water, I went back upstairs to place the water in our room. When I arrived, I discovered that the housekeeper cart was outside my room with the door open. When I went inside, I witnessed the housekeeper unzipping my carry-on bag, then proceeded to pull out a small bright light blue pouch. I then immediately yelled out “What in the heck are you doing!” I startled her and demanded for her to leave the room which she refused to do. I then called the front desk and asked for the hotel manager and security to immediately come up to the room. Meanwhile the housekeeper smiled and tried taking to me as I continued to demand for her to leave the room while pointing at the door. After a dozen times, demanding her to leave the room, she finally stepped outside the room where I then demanded for her to stay outside the door while waiting for the manager and security. I called for the second time for the front desk to have the manager and security to immediately come up to the room. When they arrived, I explained what had happened and showed the evidence of my carry-on bag being unzipped with the bright light blue pouch half way outside my carry-on bag.

I felt violated and very disappointed in Hilton. I’m now having difficulty in getting a good nights sleep because of this incident.

We were offered a new room and new set of keys. Knowing that all of the housekeepers have a universal key to all rooms, the offer did not make us feel at ease. We agreed to stay in our room and change keys. We requested that nobody access our room during our stay. Mr Garcia, the office manager, gave his apologies. We were given a complimentary drink and appetizer. Mr Garcia assured that this incident has been fully investigated and actions were implemented.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Had the pleasure of staying her last week on our last night in Chile before a late night flight back to the states. This hotel is right in the middle of the clean and modern business district of Vitacura, and a block and a half from the Costanera Center. The hotel staff were very friendly (and spoke excellent English, which was helpful since my Spanish is still rudimentary). The breakfast was covered as a diamond (full buffet) and it would probably rank in my top 5 Hilton breakfasts, selection and freshness-wise. The fitness center was small but had everything I needed. Received a welcome drink at the bar as well. The doormen/bellhops went above and beyond to help us fill our day and get around town, and the hotel was extremely lenient in allowing a 4PM checkout (would have let me go later even). I'd definitely recommend this place, especially compared with the HGI near the airport.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Amex Reserve/Plat
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Had the pleasure of staying her last week on our last night in Chile before a late night flight back to the states. This hotel is right in the middle of the clean and modern business district of Vitacura, and a block and a half from the Costanera Center. The hotel staff were very friendly (and spoke excellent English, which was helpful since my Spanish is still rudimentary). The breakfast was covered as a diamond (full buffet) and it would probably rank in my top 5 Hilton breakfasts, selection and freshness-wise. The fitness center was small but had everything I needed. Received a welcome drink at the bar as well. The doormen/bellhops went above and beyond to help us fill our day and get around town, and the hotel was extremely lenient in allowing a 4PM checkout (would have let me go later even). I'd definitely recommend this place, especially compared with the HGI near the airport.
Can second that, have had two recent overnight stays the last few months and have been very impressed with the quality, service and location of this hotel. On both occasions, was upgraded from basic room to jr. suite type room with small sitting room and a TV that swivels around so you can watch either in Bed or in sitting area. Also as you mentioned had late checkout of 4PM or later on both occasions which helped a lot as we were able to do a full day tour in city before departing hotel for our evening flight. Note for you frequent fliers this appears to be the Delta layover hotel in Santiago.
-LAXHOUND
Old May 22, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
Stayed here last week. As a diamond I got the following:
  • Coupon for welcome drink at the bar
  • Free breakfast buffet
  • Upgrade to Jr. Suite
  • 5:00 PM checkout
The property is gorgeous and the service was great. I'm not sure I could have asked for anything more from them.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Any recent stays? Tripadvisor reviews mention a newly opened lounge with happy hour, etc...
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Can update (as HH Diamond):

- Executive lounge on level 3 - small, but adequate spread for breakfast.
- They let me check in at 0700 after flight from PUQ (Thank God!)
- Room on level 5 (I didn't ask for upgrade - grateful enough for very early check-in) - Should I push for one??
- 2x Welcome drink vouchers on arrival which is a nice gesture
- Obligatory cookie
- Good convenient location, 5min from Metro.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:23 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Jnr Suite in lovely DoubleTree Santiago Vitacura

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santiago - Vitacura

Avenida Vitacura 2727 Las Condes Santiago, CL

Jnr Suite in lovely DoubleTree Santiago Vitacura (30 Photos)

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santiago - Vitacura

Stayed here for 2 nights (too short!) recently on a weekend and had an excellent stay. Would definitely recommend the hotel and location. Detailed review with pictures follows.

The location is between two areas of Santiago on the North-East section of the city (its more in Vitacura than Las Condes but both areas are lovely). The area is what I would call the financial district of the city from gut feeling but I may be wrong. There are plenty of other upscale hotels and places to eat, shop and visit nearby on foot in this safe and clean area of the city. I would suggest it is around 30 to 40 minutes from the airport to the hotel or reverse but this can depend greatly on the time of day and traffic which is very bad in the city at most times. Metro is best to get around if you can as you avoid the traffic situations and most stations have some street art that is very good as a bonus. I used a hotel arranged vehicle to get back to the airport at the end of my stay and this cost 28,000 Chilean fixed price without tip (usually 10% of the amount on all items) was fair in my opinion to be able to pay with credit card (otherwise a normal taxi is not guaranteed to take credit card and likely only accepts cash). The vehicle was a van (like a Vito Mercedes but some other make, very comfortable and could seat quite a few people) and had diplomatic plates which is also used for ferrying such people around as well. It was clean and very nice and I can recommend this method if you are with baggage or simply don't want to risk the hassle of the Metro (or want to pay cc instead of cash). It is quite far from the city 'centre' (about 7 Km from memory) so you'd want to take an uber, taxi or metro to get around, although I did walk from downtown to the hotel on day and ended up walking around 20 Km in total so a good workout! The tallest building in South America is only a few hundred meters away in Costanera Center (a big shopping mall and office area) which is a landmark you can see from most places with a view in the city. Some pictures of the entrance to the hotel and the general location as well as the stunning views around the city and the Andes follow:

Santiago location DT.jpg

DT location in the city and compared to the airport (courtesy/copyright Google Maps)

snow capped Andes.jpg

What an amazing view of the snow capped Andes and the Costanera Center building from the top of Castillo Hildalgo hilltop.

tallest building in South America 300m S

It really is tall...

glass entrance.jpg

The entrance to the hotel as seen from inside.

ceiling decorations.jpg

The nice decorations in the hotel foyer.

Check In

We checked in around 2 PM (a bit early) but this was no problem and they happily provided our rooms (me an upgraded room to a Jnr Suite from a King Deluxe Room - Sitting Area and my colleague with Silver status from a entry level room to a nicer room but not sure what category). The rooms were paid stays and at a decent rate. Reception is to the left as you enter the hotel through the main doors and was usually manned with 3 people with one being a HH dedicated spot. The staff were very friendly, helpful and able to give me all the info and diamond welcome without it seeming to be scripted. ^ We were informed of the amenities of the hotel and soon on our way.

Service

Service was overall excellent. As with most places there are exceptions, however, they were not the rule and I rated this hotel very highly for service in general from most staff that were genuinely happy to help and enjoyed their jobs. The single exception was the bar staff on the Saturday night just before closing (but still open)...they did not want to really work and the three of them just stood around chatting to each other at the bar while guests had to come up to the bar to get service and then it was done perfunctorily. We asked for a second round of Pisco Sours (excellent if you get a chance to try it, a local drink) and were simply told 'no!' Had to give my head a shake at that and assume it was because the person didn't want to spend the time so close to closing and also make a few items dirty that would need cleaning but maybe they just had a bad day. Everyone else was truly outstanding here for service from the lounge staff to the cleaning staff to the doormen to the restaurant staff (an example is that upon having another Pisco Sour on the patio portion of the restaurant on Sunday afternoon, the server actually brought out the various local (Peruvian and Chilean) liquour that is used in the drink and gave us a bit of a tasting and lesson on the differences as a matter of pride). ^^

I'd be hard pressed to remember having better service at any Hilton chain hotel worldwide, it was that good in all other areas. 

Dining

We ate breakfast in the main restaurant (free as a diamond of course) and it was very good. There was plenty of choice and the fruit especially was amazingly ripe, juicy and tasty. There were plenty of choices for hot and cold items and they had a manned bar area for speciality coffees. They made proper cappuccinos and any other hot drink with a smile and nothing was too much trouble.

The restaurant is to the left when entering the hotel, behind the reception desks and there is an outside patio area where you can have breakfast as well as other meals, the area is covered mostly by sun umbrellas and they had large fans also running during the hottest parts of the day. Most people ate inside (why I'll never know) but outside was tranquil and not too hot so lovely for breakfast. We had drinks out here one afternoon as well and had great service. 

There is also a large bar area and this includes a 'conservatory' like area with direct sunlight to one side but completely covered by glass for those not wanting to sit outside but wanting brighter light. We had drinks here one evening and that is described above in the service section.

bar.jpg

The main view of the nice bar area.

bar area 2.jpg

The seating area to the right when looking at the bar and coming from the elevators (to the right in the picture and immediately ahead as one enters the hotel).

outdoor eating area.jpg

Breakfast outside in the covered but sunny patio area of the main restaurant. You can see a small sample of the variety and quality of items.

Room

To the main feature, a lovely room with plenty of space to work, rest and relax. Not too many words for this section as the pictures tell the story. I liked the swinging TV swivel and the quality of the room and furniture was great. A bathrobe and slippers, iron, ironing board, safe, minibar, coffee and tea boat area, plenty of storage areas and sitting/working areas topped the room off. The bathroom was large enough for two to be in there without feeling crowded and I liked the hand wand / rain shower options.

Pictures;

King bed.jpg

King Bed

living working area.jpg

Living / Working Area

view to living area.jpg

View towards living area and entrance

1_wardrobe.jpg

Wardrobe and contents

view to bedroom.jpg

Work desk area and swivel TV

view from window 7th floor right.jpg

View out window on 7th floor to the right

view from window 7th floor left.jpg

View out window to the left (towards the shopping mall)

bathroom.jpg

View into bathroom from entrance

bathroom 2.jpg

vanity.jpg

Vanity / Sink area

shower.jpg

Shower with both rain shower and hand wand. Excellent pressure and temperature controls.

coffee minibar.jpg

Coffee/Minibar/safe area

minibar contents.jpg

Minibar contents (paid items) there were additionally two bottles of water free in the room.

Executive Lounge

The executive lounge was very large, very nice and had an excellent selection for food as well as drink and I have to say, was probably the best lounge I've been to, full stop, worldwide...in a DoubleTree...go figure! :)

Lots of different seating areas and styles to suit all tastes and group sizes. Plenty of computers (not pictured) at the back of the lounge (at least 4 work stations) and a lovely long bar area for coffee/tea/alcohol and service plus food. We used the lounge quite a bit and it served alcohol from 1 PM onwards, including Pisco Sours (they order them from the bar downstairs and have them brought up). The variety of alcohol was great for a free exec lounge situation and long may that continue. No one seemed to abuse it either which was nice to see. I did not see any children in the lounge but maybe they are allowed?

Service was excellent in the lounge. Access is by key card and it is on the 3rd floor and takes up a good half of the building footprint on that floor.

We held some business meetings in the lounge (paid to have our guests join us there at 30 $ US / person) and it was a nice facility and place to hold such meetings for a small group with drinks and nibbles.

Pictures;

lounge 1.jpg

Large sofas and casual group area

lounge 2.jpg

Back towards the entrance

lounge 3.jpg

Another area by the drinks and food with lovely wood flooring

lounge 4.jpg

A glimpse into the area behind the bar and food at the back where the computers were (around that corner to the left, someone was there so hence no further pictures)

lounge 5.jpg

The bar area with drinks and food

lounge 6.jpg

Yet another seating area of the lounge with sectioned off slightly more private areas for groups of 2 to 4

lounge beer.jpg

Yes, you can get beer from this machine (Heineken)

lounge booze1.jpg

One wall of the alcohol available in the lounge.

lounge booze2.jpg

The other alcohol available in the lounge

There was wine and sparkling wine as well beside the beer machine but I didn't get a picture of them when they were out. There was also plenty of still and sparking water as well as soft drinks and mixers in fridges below the counter area.

An amazing lounge for space, comfort, work and a couple of relaxing drinks.

Overall

I will say this is one of my favourite hotels worldwide. Santiago was clean, safe and although relatively expensive (for South America) it was amazing and the hotel was a real surprise and delight. I'd love to go back to it and the area for the value, service, quality and amenities.

There was obviously a fitness studio and pool but I simply didn't make it to them so have no pictures!

Safe travels everyone, I hope you can check this place out in your future travels.

Jnr Suite in lovely DoubleTree Santiago Vitacura

Would you like to write a review on the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santiago - Vitacura?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:26 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
DoubleTree Santiago = Excellent Diamond Benefits

Doubletree by Hilton Santiago - Vitacura

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Avenida Vitacura 2727, Las Condes Santiago, Chile CL 7550690

DoubleTree Santiago = Excellent Diamond Benefits (5 Photos)

We had a 5-night stay in Santiago and it was our first visit to Chile so I did not have any knowledge about hotels in Santiago before coming.  I saw on TripAdvisor that Marriott has some good hotels in the city, but I found a Best Rate Guarantee $90 USD per night at DoubleTree, and DT actually ranked even higher on TA than the Marriott hotels so I did not see much of a need to do more in-depth research.  I simply took the low BRG rate and did not look back.  Especially at that rate, I was pleased with my stay at DT.  

Room

I saw in my account online that I was pre-upgraded to a junior suite several days ahead of time, which was good news because with BRG I was not sure the hotel would be keen on giving out a Diamond suite upgrade. The room looks similar to the pictures from the hotel review posted by @BotB not even one month ago, so no need for several additional pictures in my own review.  I would simply note that even though both BotB and I got the junior suite, mine was noticeably smaller.  BotB’s room had quite a bit of space between the wall partition which contains the TV and the windows, but in my room that wall has barely enough space for someone to squeeze through between the wall and the windows.  This is because of the shape of the building: the wall with the windows is actually at a slight angle such that the bedroom is wider than the living room.  Looking at the floor plan, if you have the next room up, the living room there is wider than the bedroom I had, and the neighbor also had a bedroom bigger than the living room (my living room < my bedroom < neighbor’s living room < neighbor’s bedroom).  

IMG_1521.jpegIMG_1539.jpeg

Anyway I thought it was a good use of space to have a rotating TV on that wall that you can watch either from the bedroom or the living room.  The bathroom was fairly large, including a walk-in shower which had ample space.  On Hilton.com there are pictures of the junior suite and we can see a window in the bathroom.  It was not the case in my room because the bathroom is not on the outside wall.  Also as a minor negative, and the water pressure in my shower was noticeably subpar. 

Dining

Breakfast in the lounge had limited selection with omelets, bacon, and sausage as the only warm dishes, plus some fruits and bakeries.  On the plus side, the lounge was very quiet so we had almost the entire place to ourselves which was great.  The restaurant was busier but we liked the small nook with a glass wall containing wine bottles – it was isolated from the crowds and we enjoyed that spot.  The buffet in the restaurant is adequate for DT standards but not luxurious by any means.  

IMG_1522.jpegIMG_1523.jpeg

Happy hour in the lounge has the most generous hours I have seen for a lounge: 1pm to 10pm for drinks.  There were four choices of red wine, two white, one sparkling wine, in addition to beer and spirits.  Some food is also available during that long stretch of time such as sandwiches, chips, and desserts, and in addition at 5pm they bring additional food such as veggies, cheese, and cold bite-size salads.  The only negative about the lounge is that they do not have hot food in the lounge at any time so it should be considered a light snack.  The lounge is very large and has nice décor; I was surprised how quiet it was even in the evening – it felt more like an exclusive Fairmont or Ritz Carlton lounge (where all guests need to pay for access, no Platinum free access) than a DT lounge.  Overall it’s one of the best DT lounges I have seen in the world (rivaling with DT Kuala Lumpur) with only the lack of hot food being a flaw.  

IMG_1524.jpeg

The location of the hotel is good, being only a 5-minute walk from a metro station, lots of shops and restaurants around, and having easy access to Cerro San Cristobal for beautiful views of the city. The only downside is that the hotel is on the opposite side of the city relative to the airport without easy access other than taxi.  You could take the bus to city center and then take the metro but it’s 10 stations away and it won’t be convenient with lots of luggage.  Taxi cost 25k-28k CLP so not exactly cheap for South American standards.   

Overall

All in all a very solid stay and at that price it was a no brainer.  I do not always agree with ratings on TripAdvisor, but in this case the high ratings are appropriate.  And if you have Diamond status then this hotel is even more valuable given the suite upgrade, free breakfast, and lounge access with liberal hours.  

DoubleTree Santiago = Excellent Diamond Benefits

Would you like to write a review on the Doubletree by Hilton Santiago - Vitacura?

No, thank you.
Yes
tropikey likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here early Feb for one night.
Booked two single rooms at basic rate and both upgraded to junior suite as am Diamond.
Usual DT welcome cookies and two bar vouchers. Good choice of drinks and snacks in the EL after returning from the centre by metro.
Generous buffet breakfast in the restaurant.
One of the better DT hotels, especially as very few have an EL.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: UA 1K
In a Tripadvisor review it is stated that Hilton is unable to refund the 19% tax for Foreigners when booking this hotel with a prepaid rate. Any recent experience with this?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...an_Region.html
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by delpiero223
In a Tripadvisor review it is stated that Hilton is unable to refund the 19% tax for Foreigners when booking this hotel with a prepaid rate. Any recent experience with this?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...an_Region.html
Sorry don't know, mine was flexible rate.
delpiero223 and shocky like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.