Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How 'open' is Internet on Hilton Hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know if there is any limitation to the service offered by Hilton in terms of open ports?

For my work I need to use a software which connects using a specific internet port, I have no idea if that port or any other port besides web browsing is open on the hotel wifi.

Does anyone has any information regarding that?

Thanks a lot!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by yakito
Does anyone know if there is any limitation to the service offered by Hilton in terms of open ports?

For my work I need to use a software which connects using a specific internet port, I have no idea if that port or any other port besides web browsing is open on the hotel wifi.

Does anyone has any information regarding that?

Thanks a lot!
I've used VPNs at Hiltons.

I know that lots of ports are open, I don't know if they all are. I'm not sure I always get a routable IP, either.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot, I think that if the VPN port is open then I can connect through it!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I'd say it's pretty open. All of the gaming ports are open, VPN is available, and of course the HTTP/HTTPS ports are open. I have telnet as well as FTP. I'm not sure they have any restrictions.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
If you have trouble the FD should be able to give you a phone number for ATT Stay connected which may be able to help as well. I have had mixed luck with them though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.