Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Triple Your Trip Returns!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Got 2k bonus after first stay, this is my 3rd year as Diamond. Ah well, I'll take 3x points and thoroughly enjoy that all hotels are participating for once!

Neil
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Good luck finding a promotion that covers every hotel in a competing chain...
E_C,

Actually, it's been Hilton that's been pretty much alone with this "will my stay be at a qualifying property?" lottery. The rest seem to be all-or-nothing. On the other hand, Hilton has been better about allowing award stays to qualify toward promos.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
Ashleigh, does a rate booked through MVP count? I see "Team Member Travel Rate" in the ineligible rates, and not sure if these are different wordings for the same thing or not.

Thank you.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Bluefan75
Ashleigh, does a rate booked through MVP count? I see "Team Member Travel Rate" in the ineligible rates, and not sure if these are different wordings for the same thing or not.

Thank you.
They always have so far.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
Yup, 2K for this "new" (uh, 10 yr) Diamond as well. Hey, I'll accept it...
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Glad to see that all properties participating!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
E_C,

Actually, it's been Hilton that's been pretty much alone with this "will my stay be at a qualifying property?" lottery. The rest seem to be all-or-nothing. On the other hand, Hilton has been better about allowing award stays to qualify toward promos.
SPG usually has large opt out lists (sometimes that include almost every NYC property) on their similar promotions.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Michael19887
SPG usually has large opt out lists (sometimes that include almost every NYC property) on their similar promotions.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Yep....got the bonus offer too......very happy!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Bluefan75
...does a rate booked through MVP count? I see "Team Member Travel Rate" in the ineligible rates, and not sure if these are different wordings for the same thing or not.
MVP-rates will be ok, they always are.

Team Members are staff members working at Hilton Family properties. Team member rates don't qualify for nights or stay credit, or promotions, because they are heavily discounted. Every hotel has to keep a small number of rooms (from 1 to 4 I guess, based on the property's size) available for Team Member reservations. Often these are not the best rooms, but other times they are. Team member rates are typically based on the cost of servicing the room and changing the linens. In part these rates exist, to let Hilton staff members get an impression of how other hotels are being managed and how guests are treated at other properties.

Last edited by Sisosig; Aug 20, 2015 at 1:02 pm
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
This is a great promotion...it is very simple, all hotels are participating, there are no weird hoops to jump through. And the Weekends at triple points are very nice for those of us who are leisure travelers (read: pay out of our own pockets) and travel on the weekends (although mine this time around seem to be mostly during the week, I appreciate the sentiment).

And I also got the "new HHonors member" bonus of 2,000 pts, even though we've been Hhonors members for at least 15 years, funny.

Thank you.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:16 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Very pleased to see this promo announced today. Hilton has made a good move with its promos this year, and this promo and the extension of the previous spring and summer promo have been great by the fact that all hotels have been obligated to participate.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hey that's great news! Especially as they're throwing in 2,000 bonus points on my first stay. I've got a decent amount of Fall Hilton travel coming up and this will lead to some nice returns ^
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA CO US DL HH Gold SPG Gold
4K after 4, working on platinum... almost. this will be a nice addition
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:20 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Got 4k after fourth. All in all, quite a nice promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.