Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton {ARG}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton {ARG}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
We just recently enjoyed a three-night stay here and would echo the positive comments above.

We arrived Saturday and left Tuesday, giving us all the opportunity we needed to visit the Sunday market.

Staying mainly in larger properties over the past few years, mainly American-style chains, we found this to be a cute and quirky boutique property.

We too met the general manager, the food and beverage manager, and many of the other employees. We appreciated the perks for Diamonds - a welcoming complimentary glass of wine each in the bar when I went to pay the bill, a bottle of Malbec and bowl of fruit in our room - and our room was comfortable, with working air conditioning that we appreciated with temps averaging as high as the upper 80s.

The quirks are minor. The two elevators work slowly and always retreat to Floor -2, slowing ascents and descents. Our room was quasi-industrial style, and we noticed the absence of a soap dish, a hand-towel rack, and (oddly IMHO) a box of kleenex. We didn't have a tub (don't know if any rooms do) but the rain shower is spacious with plenty of water pressure.

As has been mentioned, sounds carry easily and we noticed loud conversation next door as we arrived at our room (Oh-oh!), but we generally weren't disturbed by noises day or night during our stay.

As others have said, the breakfast is just fine on Floor -1 and the service is friendly. Many of the chairs in the breakfast restaurant are wobbly wire ones that bothered Mrs. Fredd's back, and the last morning we took our breakfast in the outdoor patio that separates this operation from the wine bar / bar restaurant across the way.

We were catching a red-eye out of EZE Tuesday night and the front-desk had asked us to talk to them on the day we checked out to see what they could do, which turned out to be a much-appreciated 4:00 p.m. checkout. We were walked out by then and hung out in the restaurant / wine bar for a couple of hours, eating empanadas and drinking Malbec.

We walked over to Puerto Madero and back Monday, detouring to pass Casa Rosada on the way back, but didn't bother going inside the Hilton.

We would look forward to staying at the Anselmo again. The personal touch and the intimate boutique feel make for quite a contrast to larger Hilton properties.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: EBD, HH Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond, Nordic Choice Club Platinum, Sixt Diamond, Avis President
Rates

Just checking out rates at Curio mid October and found very strange that points & money reward cost more than standard flexible rate ......

E.g. rate for Standard room is 60.000 HH points, Points & Money Rwd is 24.000 HH points + USD 100 while Flexible rate is USD 99 !!!!

How come Points & Money Reward cost more than the flexible rate ????
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Recently had a two night stay so will do a little report. Was my first stay after usually staying at the normal Hilton in Puerto Madero. Thought I would try out as rate was only around $90.

Location- I really like the San Telmo neighbourhood and Plaza Doreggo where the hotel is exactly is great a spot. Many restaurants and bars with some beautiful architecture. 'La Brigada' is around a 5/10 minute walk away. Might be touristy but does an awfully good steak and bottle of Malbec.

Hotel- Definitely tell is a boutique hotel. Lovely archway entrance and reception. Staff on reception were great and checked in quickly. No upgrade even though hotel wasn't full. The rooms are small but nicely appointed. Had a problem with my fancy aircon system so got moved to room next door. Rooms faced internally to reception/Winebar. Must say elevators are terribly slow and always reverted to the stairs. Great laundry place in the street behind if you are one of those people like me whether on someone else's dime or not who refuses to pay hotel laundry prices.

Amenities- Nice bottle of wine and welcome letter in room. Also a voucher for drink in wine bar. Breakfast is free for all guests. It is a small selection. Benefits for diamond is being able to order unlimited expresso drinks and omelettes which saved a bit of cash. Good service in restaurant and never busy. Lovely omelette con queso also!

Overall, nice to not stay in your typical corporate Hilton. I would probably return for right price as usually is significantly lower the normal Hilton.
Attached Images      
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Quick report and reply to ESFLYER95. Your review is very similar to mine. We stayed here the first four nights of our honeymoon and I very much enjoyed the hotel. Not the corporate Hilton you expect and it is very noticeable. Our room was the basic queen room with a courtyard view. The only quirks were the A/C as mentioned above, which was fixed quickly, and the bathroom door wasn't cut to swing all the way closed and would collide with the floor.

We received a free bottle of wine and a complimentary meat/cheese board with drinks for our honeymoon as a gift. The restaurant is small and was almost always quiet. I think the issue is nobody on the street would be able to find it but I guess it isn't trying to attract traffic.

The location is really great for exploring. Right by the Sunday market and always easy to find a cab. We walked to the Metro one day but it was a hassle and I probably wouldn't do it late at night but I found the area quite safe and busy.

And yes, La Brigada for dinner was fantastic and you knew it was good because there were plenty of local accents at the surrounding tables. Took great care of us despite my less than stellar rendition of the local language.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Thumbs up Great stay and neighborhood

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Recently had a two night stay so will do a little report. Was my first stay after usually staying at the normal Hilton in Puerto Madero. Thought I would try out as rate was only around $90.

Location- I really like the San Telmo neighbourhood and Plaza Doreggo where the hotel is exactly is great a spot. Many restaurants and bars with some beautiful architecture. 'La Brigada' is around a 5/10 minute walk away. Might be touristy but does an awfully good steak and bottle of Malbec.

Hotel- Definitely tell is a boutique hotel. Lovely archway entrance and reception. Staff on reception were great and checked in quickly. No upgrade even though hotel wasn't full. The rooms are small but nicely appointed. Had a problem with my fancy aircon system so got moved to room next door. Rooms faced internally to reception/Winebar. Must say elevators are terribly slow and always reverted to the stairs. Great laundry place in the street behind if you are one of those people like me whether on someone else's dime or not who refuses to pay hotel laundry prices.

Amenities- Nice bottle of wine and welcome letter in room. Also a voucher for drink in wine bar. Breakfast is free for all guests. It is a small selection. Benefits for diamond is being able to order unlimited expresso drinks and omelettes which saved a bit of cash. Good service in restaurant and never busy. Lovely omelette con queso also!

Overall, nice to not stay in your typical corporate Hilton. I would probably return for right price as usually is significantly lower the normal Hilton.
Thanks for the report. Experience similar to mine. They need to program the elevators to go to the lobby- not -2. Annoying. I'm Diamond but didn't know about the espresso drinks and omelet option. Oh well, next time.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Sterlingguy
Thanks for the report. Experience similar to mine. They need to program the elevators to go to the lobby- not -2. Annoying. I'm Diamond but didn't know about the espresso drinks and omelet option. Oh well, next time.
Yes, I saved a considerable amount of Peso's with my espresso consumption!
Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by BLazarus22
And yes, La Brigada for dinner was fantastic and you knew it was good because there were plenty of local accents at the surrounding tables. Took great care of us despite my less than stellar rendition of the local language.

Yes, it was quite a good mix of local and tourists when I was there. Had not been in a couple of years but was just as good as I remember. Good for solo travellers is they have a few half bottles of some nice drops. I had a very smooth Saint Felicien Malbec. Certainly better than the Malbec they give you in the room. A struggle!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Staying here next March for a couple nights since it is in a great location and looked significantly less corporate than the Hilton across town. Any recent reviews or updates from FTers who have stayed here?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by dmarge18
Staying here next March for a couple nights since it is in a great location and looked significantly less corporate than the Hilton across town. Any recent reviews or updates from FTers who have stayed here?
Stayed there two nights last week. Very comfortable bed. Nice location. Breakfast was pretty bad (eggs and bacon and pastries, not even yogurt). Carrefour Express a few minutes walk away but it has a horrible product selection. There's also a neat little Vietnamese restaurant nearby.
Old May 1, 2018, 6:19 pm

Hello All,
We (My gf and I) going to in Buenos Aires for a few nights this Dec. I plan on using my point for this stay. How would you compare both Hilton hotel in Buenos Aires?

Any possible upgrade as a diamond member?

Old May 1, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by lleung1980
Hello All,
We (My gf and I) going to in Buenos Aires for a few nights this Dec. I plan on using my point for this stay. How would you compare both Hilton hotel in Buenos Aires?

Hello lleung1980,

I stayed at the Anselmo 2 years ago and as HHD I got upgraded to a corner room that was sensibly larger than the standard room. Also for breakfast I had some extra freebies.

I have not been in the Hilton Buenos Aires for 4/5 years now but I remember it was a very nice hotel with large rooms and a good EL, while the Anselmo is a small property with a boutique feeling.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Hello All,

While this doesn't speak to the facility of either property, I will provide the following information/commentary.

I like the neighborhood of the Anselmo much more. Historic neighborhood, many more little cafes, restaurants, shops, etc. right out the door. That said, the Hilton is much closer to many of the main tourist areas. The "dining out your door" by the Hilton is going to be more upscale / expensive.

2 points that may be important now are
(1) There's major construction dividing Puerto Madero (Hilton) and the rest of the City - highway connector being built and right now, pedestrian crossing between Pto. Madero and the rest of the city is unpleasant and has limited access points. Eventually, as the highway is sunken, it will be quite pleasant, and truck traffic in the area will be much reduced. But for now, it is a mess.
(2) For those that complain about transit issues staying at the Anselmo or nearby, note that while the Subte hasn't moved, there's now the Metrobus del Bajo - express bus lanes - running down Paseo Colon. It is a very quick ride up to Retiro (by the main Sheraton) - and you can catch the bus a few blocks from the Anselmo (on Paseo Colon).
Old May 8, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Ditto what @Eastbay1K said. The neighborhood is significantly more interesting. No close subway lines but taxis are cheap and it's not a terrible walk to the gov't center. No room upgrade for me as a Diamond last month, but did get free breakfast and a small bottle of wine. This is really a neat hotel architecturally and I'd definitely recommend it over the more corporate Hilton. Found great points redemption rates too.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:38 pm

Thank all for the update, I'm still considering both hotels, It is my first time to Buenos Aires, the location would be my main concern. I think I'm going to spend some time compare both hotel again.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Thank all for the update, I'm still considering both hotels, It is my first time to Buenos Aires, the location would be my main concern. I think I'm going to spend some time compare both hotel again.
Unless you want to collect two stays in Buenos Aires, there is no real neat to stay at the Hilton Puerto Madero, the area is completely artificial and it is a very long walk to anywhere nice. At the Curio you just walk out of the door and you can choose from restaurants, bars and even the market is just in front of it.
Brandinho1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.