Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Copenhagen Airport {DNK} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2001, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBS

I suppose you all know about the new Hilton at Copenhagen Airport, it is quite amazing inside. :-)http://www.hilton.com/hotels/CPHAPHI/index.html?show=allhttp://www.cph.dk/segment/general/news/forside/uk/index.asp
Old Mar 21, 2001, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Copenhagen Hilton

I suppose you all know about the new Hilton at Copenhagen Airport, it is quite amazing inside. :-)http://www.hilton.com/hotels/CPHAPHI/index.html? Show=allhttp://www.cph.dk/segment/general/news/forside/uk/index.asp

Old Mar 21, 2001, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Copenhagen Hilton

I suppose you all know about the new Hilton at Copenhagen Airport, it is quite amazing inside. :-)http://www.hilton.com/hotels/CPHAPHI/index.html http://www.cph.dk/segment/general/ne...e/uk/index.asp

Old Jul 19, 2001, 5:29 am

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
Hilton Copenhagen Airport hotel Trip Reports and Reviews

I stayed at Hilton Copenhagen Airport for 2 days last month using the HHonors points.

I received the upgrade automatically and access to Executive Lounge, health club, etc.
Though their management staffs are limited, they serve me well.
The hotel is just next to the Airport (the glass windows are all double glazed and no noise from the plane whatsoever) and getting to the city is just by 5-10 min by train.

This new hotel just opened early this year, with B&O TV and Beosound 1 in each room.
Nice and Hi-Tech design

Worth a stay!

------------------
Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PP Gold, AMEX Centurion
Old Jul 19, 2001, 1:24 pm

Thanx for the info about Hilton CPH Airport. Actually I am really consider to stay there in the near future to get one of my stays to get the 50K promo from the E-Rewards promo.

I havent been able to find a good rate for this hotel, has anyone manage?
Old Jul 20, 2001, 8:50 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hilton International Copenhagen

Just a heads up to mention that a 382-room Hilton International hotel has now opened at the Copenhagen Airport.
Old Jul 20, 2001, 10:13 am

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002266.html for reviews.
Old Jul 20, 2001, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Isn't that several months ago? I recall seing adds for this hotel when arriving back from the Catman DO in March (or maybe even on some travel in February)?

Well, probably the only hotel worth staying at in CPH. Trust me, with 2 FlyerTalkers coming to visit this summer I can vouch for the fact that CPH hotels suck. Maybe the SAS hotels are okay but otherwise: go for the Hilton! 10 minutes from downtown.

[This message has been edited by Goldlust (edited 07-20-2001).]
Old Jul 20, 2001, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
When you are at the Scandinavian Lounge in CPH you have a very nice view of the hotel. It is very, very close!
Old Jul 24, 2001, 8:50 pm

Location: Australia Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Platinum VIP, Hyatt Gold Passport, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, AMEX Centurion
Yes, in fact the hotel is just 2 minutes away from CPH. There will be a direct air-conditioned bridge connecting the hotel with the aiport opening in winter.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 6:30 am
Suspended

Hilton Copenhagen Airport hotel Trip Reports and Reviews

For my birthday I'd invited a bunch of friends over to the Hilton - I thought it would be a great way of providing us all with a good time as well as giving me the opportunity to rate this rather new Hilton (less than 1 year old), which is the only Hilton in my homeland (in all of Scandinavia even).

I booked a Friday night on a point stretcher, some very full-value 18,000 HHonors points.

Contacted the HHonors Guest Manager prior to check-in and explained that it was my birthday was coming up. As luck would have it I found a nice suite upgrade waiting for me at check-in and the front desk computer even started beeping a birthday tune

The suite on one of the executive floors was just wonderful. Wonderful. A bedroom and a living room each with their own seperate bath rooms. Everywhere there were wonderful Danish designer furniture and the B&O TVs and stereos brought the magnificance of it all to a final peak.

I had one of my friends staying in the room through Saturday and he was with me from the time of check-in. In his company I explored the wonderful club room on the 12th floor. I must admit, this was the nicest club room I have ever seen. Large, cosy with an open fire place, wonderful view of the airport. The afternoon food there was also top notch compared to anything I've ever tried at any Hilton - hot sticks of meat and a wonderful selection of cheese, just to name a little. The champagne and particularly the red whine was just marvelous and the liquer was plentifull and free. They also had a large CD collection so that guests could bring some CDs down to the rooms to listen to.

After this we headed for the health club. The steam room and sauna were both of a nice size and the fitness equipment was just right. The pool however, was the crown jewel. Later, when the rest of the guys joined us we had quite a blast in that pool - good thing no other guests were around then: another advantage of the 24-hour doors open policy for the health club.

All in all I am so proud to say that the best Hilton I have ever stayed at is the one in my own country. The only property I can think of that might be able to compete would be the Westin Grand in Vancouver.

My warmest recommendations! This property really deserves to be rated Premium instead of Classic. But do let it stay in Classic - then I'll be able to stay there more.

[This message has been edited by Goldlust (edited 01-05-2002).]
Old Jan 5, 2002, 7:26 am

Tillykke med fødselsdagen Goldlust!

wow, this place sounds excellent!

The B&O system is just a nice touch...

excellent review
Old Jan 5, 2002, 7:34 am
Suspended

Thanks for the report, Goldlust.

I am looking forward to my first stay there on a trip to Copenhagen in early summer, unfortunately an expensive place to stay, last time I checked even the cheapest WK rate was around Euro 170 !!
Old Jan 10, 2002, 5:34 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thank you for the excellent report, Goldlust.
Old Jan 10, 2002, 8:03 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
appreciate the update on this property.

I believe yours is the first review?

Just curious by the image of "hot sticks of meat", do you mean satays? Otherwise I picture warmed Slim Jims.

[This message has been edited by Sweet Willie (edited 01-10-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.