Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Manila {PHL} (Philippines)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Manila {PHL} (Philippines)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Most importantly... What stuffed animal are they planning to hand out?
It's Manila so maybe could be a stuffed Jeepney rather than an animal

Sad the Conrad opening is pushed back as I would have tried a night on one of either of arriving/departing Manila nights during my usual Dec-Jan Xmas scuba trip.

Always get stuck one night as traveling to/from Luzon/Puerto Galeta and have to leave Manila by 2pm latest for last bangka to Islands or similarly stay overnight in Manila if early in day before noon return flight

With no Hilton's here usually the Intercontinental for me, but i believe that is moving too
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
It's Manila so maybe could be a stuffed Jeepney rather than an animal

Sad the Conrad opening is pushed back as I would have tried a night on one of either of arriving/departing Manila nights during my usual Dec-Jan Xmas scuba trip.

Always get stuck one night as traveling to/from Luzon/Puerto Galeta and have to leave Manila by 2pm latest for last bangka to Islands or similarly stay overnight in Manila if early in day before noon return flight

With no Hilton's here usually the Intercontinental for me, but i believe that is moving too

Living here in the Philippines is sucks there are no Hilton properties since the one in Cebu was sold.

The Intercontinental is getting a little,long in the tooth. I believe it's going to be completely revamped. Mandarin Oriental is now closed. Better options in Makati I feel other than the Intercontinental. Pen, Shang, and especially Farimont are very nice optionns, even New World Makati has done a major remodel recently.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I was looking forward to staying there as I have a convention at the exhibition centre in March.
Sadly will have to revert to something less luxurious.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:03 am

Well thanks to our lovely new naming convention, everyone will be wondering where in Philly there is a neighborhood called "Manila"
Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:01 am

Really could do with Conrad Manila opening much earlier since my current usual and preferred hotel option in Manila, IHG s Intercontinental, closes after 46 years on 1st Jan 2016

Intercontinental us being demolished by Ayala development owners. ... Grrrrr
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:13 pm

Would be interesting to see how this hotel matches the other Conrad's. SM Group is not exactly known for quality.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:45 am

April 15th OPEN -- what happens if delayed

I am looking to stay at property on April 17th - two days after official opening.

My question is if I book now and the property does not open on time what happens in terms of Hilton's responsibility to me.

I just don't want to find out sometime in March that the hotel will not open and I am trying to find a hotel at the last minute.

I am looking to book 4 rooms as I a have a family function to attend. 3 rooms will be covered on points with one room being paid for. I don't want to end up paying for 4 rooms at another hotel at the last minute.

Any experiences on hotels not opening on time.

Regards
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by concol
I am looking to stay at property on April 17th - two days after official opening.

My question is if I book now and the property does not open on time what happens in terms of Hilton's responsibility to me.

I just don't want to find out sometime in March that the hotel will not open and I am trying to find a hotel at the last minute.

I am looking to book 4 rooms as I a have a family function to attend. 3 rooms will be covered on points with one room being paid for. I don't want to end up paying for 4 rooms at another hotel at the last minute.

Regards
I do have experience (Hilton just outside Rio and Hilton Panama). And I read a lot on Flyertalk. Many new hotels do not open on time, and of course the less developed the country the higher the chance that this will happen.

Even when hotels do actually accept guests through the doors that does not mean they are 100% complete. Bars and restaurants, or a pool etc, may not be open. During my stay at Hilton Panama the Exec Lounge was not completed.

Wish you the best of luck with this one
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Avis First
I just received an e-mail from the reservations manager that the opening date of April 15, 2016 has been postponed.

No exact date has been set but she informed me that they are hoping for the first half of the year...
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by LAChargers
I just received an e-mail from the reservations manager that the opening date of April 15, 2016 has been postponed.

No exact date has been set but she informed me that they are hoping for the first half of the year...
Thanks for posting. We were planning to stay there April 16-18. Not going to happen it appears.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:40 pm

Regards
Seem the hotel is not opening till Sept 2015

I did not book anything as yet.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Seem the hotel is not opening till Sept 2015

I did not book anything as yet.
Setting aside the fact that I think you meant to write 2016, rather than 2015, I thank you very much for your post - until I read it I was blissfully unaware that the opening date of the Conrad Manila had been put back.

The current hilton.com website message for the Conrad Manila reads - 'Conrad Manila will be open soon. We're accepting reservation for arrivals on or after 01 Sep 2016.'

On 4 December 2015 - when hilton.com was accepting Conrad Manila reservations from 15 April 2016 - I made two reward reservations (one in my name, one in my wife's name) both for two adults in bay view king premium rooms from 10-13 August 2016.

Logging into our HHonors accounts just now shows both reservation confirmations still listed. It will be interesting to see when the property wakes up to the fact that they have guests holding pre-1 September 2016 reservations.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:32 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

According to the latest information on the hotel's official website, the opening date has been postponed until 1 September 2016:

This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival September 1, 2016 and beyond.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
And they just posted on their facebook page they hope to open in the first half of the year.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
And they just posted on their facebook page they hope to open in the first half of the year.
Tried to make some bookings but found no corporate rates are loaded. I don't want non-cancelable BAR rates so gave up.

Currently resorting to staying at the Marriott, despite zero status, paying more for lesser room, no upgrade and no lounge, than I did at Intercontinental as a Royal Ambassador, I need the Conrad asap as I won't stay at HI Makati.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.