Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Kauai/Wailua Bay {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dcislander
  • Gold and Diamond receive two (2) full buffet breakfasts (billed as $24) with one item in addition ordered off the menu (i.e. omelet)

As per latest posts, Diamonds do not get free breakfast but receive $10 a day My Way benefit (or 750 pts).
  • Diamond status covered multiple rooms (breakfast was included for the additional rooms - i.e. 3 rooms booked by diamond on points and all 3 received breakfast)
  • Gold/Diamond receive 2 free water bottles per day (sometimes have to ask) even though there is a tag on them saying $2
  • Resort fee waived by paying with points
  • 2 Bike rides included - highly recommended early in the morning beginning in town about 10 min drive away to the north.
  • Moments away out behind the property is the ocean shore with a path to walk on - highly recommended
  • Shell leis were given to each guest checking in
  • a box of macadamia nut chocolates were given only to diamond members 1st time, 2nd time a box of hawaiian cookies
  • checkout at 11am and on request extended to 12 pm
  • storage for suitcases until evening in a secured area by the front desk (right behind them with tags/numbers with matching tag for you to hold onto)
  • No airport shuttle
Print Wikipost

Hilton Garden Inn Kauai/Wailua Bay {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by little_dc
They did answer me on facebook messenger (Direct Message). How ever the service needs improvement. I booked the cottage, and when I booked I made the booking for 3 people. I messaged to confirm all the cottages have a sofa-bed and wanted to make sure they knew I was going to need that bed made up. The reply told me that would be $30 more per night. I messaged back that I made the booking for 3 people ... and the response back was they would "look into it".
I talked to them about the cottage and said I had 4 people but needed an extra bed...they said I could put a roll away in...never mentioned any addl charges at the time. Since that time I have booked a room but noticed they added the resort fee...not happy about it but I never booked before so I can't do anything about it.

I just wasn't sure if the cottage would be too crowded with a rollaway so I decided to book a junior suite with 2 queen and a sofa bed. I am not going till June so I am waiting for reviews to make a final decision. I only need one night before moving to a condo and I am also holding rooms at Grand Hyatt on points. I hate to spend 50K points for 2 rooms for one night only if I can stay here and it is pretty decent.

Noticed since yesterday they RAISED the premium awards for my stay. I think today is the official opening. Yesterday I was able to book a junior suite for 52,919 pts. Today it is 61,319. They also raised the premium award for the cottage also...guess I won't be changing.

Speaking of upgrades..... I thought I read that Diamonds do not get upgrades at Hilton Garden Inn....just free breakfast... so I am not expecting anything from them as far as an upgrade

Last edited by sargenet; Mar 31, 2016 at 11:53 am
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
It looks like they are now officially open - the website will quote a room for tonight. Looking forward to the first reviews - I am booked Memorial Day week.

http://m.hotelbusiness.com/RealEstat...th-State/53671
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by tvelinsk
It looks like they are now officially open - the website will quote a room for tonight. Looking forward to the first reviews - I am booked Memorial Day week.

http://m.hotelbusiness.com/RealEstat...th-State/53671
I spoke to them today. The guy I had on the phone called it a soft opening. Guess there is still a lot of work to be done. He said it was good I was coming in June since they still had a lot of things to work out. Said it was noisy and a lot of construction work being done still...

He said they had an issue with the sleeper sofas! Like not having any. He told me it might be should be worked out by June when I arrive but make sure I have my confirmation because my room with 2 queens and a sleep sofa may not have one! If so they won't charge me for a roll away bed.

Hope people post some reviews soon... I will keep an eye out on Tripadvisor. He said it was their second day!!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Need some flyertalk confirmation... if you book a room (in this case a cottage) for 3 adults would you expect to pay $30 more a night for the 3rd person. ( this is not for breakfast just for 3rd person in room). This hotel is telling me I will be charged 30 per night for the 3rd person. When I tell them I booked for 3 they tell me the fee is to use the sofa bed. As a diamond I have never heard of this. Getting a felling my stay this weekend is going to be very interesting. I plan on outright refusing to pay that 30 per night. Please tell me if I'm missing something and I'm out of line.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by little_dc
Need some flyertalk confirmation... if you book a room (in this case a cottage) for 3 adults would you expect to pay $30 more a night for the 3rd person.
I would expect them to honor the booked rate for 3 persons.

Note that if you go to book a cottage for 3 persons right now, it will embed the $30 charge for the 3rd person into the daily rate (i.e., $239 for 2 persons, $269 for 3).
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
thsi place has gone downhill even before it opened. Resort fees then extra person charges. I'm guessing they will add a mandatory parking fees soon.
All the games these properties will play.

I think all these resorts in hawaii want us to stay in vacation rentals instead.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
I have been in a back and forth email with the "Assistant General Manager" about my booking for 3 people that I made. I was told by the hotel I would have a $30 per day fee for the 3rd person. After many emails and a screen-grab of my Hilton Booking showing a rate for 3 people in one or the cottages. They kept telling me I would have to pay $30 if I wanted to use the sofa bed in the cottage. My last email I told them I would not pay that and I would be contacting Hilton Corp about this. After that email I got this response from the A/GM
Thank you for your email if you had already prepaid for this room than there will be no more charges except for breakfast. Your reservations was made through Hilton and confirmed thank you
As a Diamond I'm guess she is referring to the 3rd person at breakfast.

My gut is that this hotel will not last very long as a HGI or will be very bad, it is owned by the same company that let this property become run down and bug infested as the Aston Aloha Beach hotel. The management team is the same also. That is not a good sign at all. In my interactions with the hotel they do know understand the Hilton systems or really care to lean them. They also want to charge for everything and I have not arrived to the hotel yet.

I will provide photos and a full report next week after i check out.. Also on how a Diamond is treated.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hiltonhonors gold, Priority Club platimum, Club Carlson gold, Marriott gold
Hilton Garden Inn Kauai

I am planning a trip to Kauai in Feb. 2017. I plan on using points for the 5th night free at the Hilton Garden Inn Kauai and wanted to know if this was a good use of 160000 points. Is there anything else I should consider? I am Silver and my wife is Gold but she doesn't have enough points. Would we be able to use her Gold status if I'm paying with my Silver points? Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by beggsmoore
I am planning a trip to Kauai in Feb. 2017. I plan on using points for the 5th night free at the Hilton Garden Inn Kauai and wanted to know if this was a good use of 160000 points. Is there anything else I should consider? I am Silver and my wife is Gold but she doesn't have enough points. Would we be able to use her Gold status if I'm paying with my Silver points? Thanks.
Can't say if its a good use of points without knowing how much the cash rate is. But if it is $200/night or more including tax and resort fee then yes it probably is.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: Hiltonhonors gold, Priority Club platimum, Club Carlson gold, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Thanks. I will check it out.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:17 am

Hilton Garden Inn Kauai

Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
if it is $200/night or more including tax and resort fee then yes it probably is.
Not if it's a crappy hotel that nickels and dimes its guests at every opportunity.

I would not stay at this property.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 8:03 pm

Not if it's a crappy hotel that nickels and dimes its guests at every opportunity.

I would not stay at this property.
Thanks. It seems like more and more hotels are jumping on the nickel and dime train. Adding Resort fees or Convenience fees is getting to be the new normal.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by beggsmoore
Thanks. It seems like more and more hotels are jumping on the nickel and dime train. Adding Resort fees or Convenience fees is getting to be the new normal.
Although to be fair, Hiltons usually do not charge a resort fee on an award stay.

I'm kind of biased against hotels in Hawaii, generally prefer the vacation rental option (usually VRBO). This is also not an appealing location to me . . . I prefer Hanalei area.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:07 pm

Although to be fair, Hiltons usually do not charge a resort fee on an award stay.

I'm kind of biased against hotels in Hawaii, generally prefer the vacation rental option (usually VRBO). This is also not an appealing location to me . . . I prefer Hanalei area.
This Hilton Garden Inn Kauai does charge a Resort Fee. I need to look a little further into VRBO and study more about the Hanalei options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.