Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Kauai/Wailua Bay {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dcislander
  • Gold and Diamond receive two (2) full buffet breakfasts (billed as $24) with one item in addition ordered off the menu (i.e. omelet)

As per latest posts, Diamonds do not get free breakfast but receive $10 a day My Way benefit (or 750 pts).
  • Diamond status covered multiple rooms (breakfast was included for the additional rooms - i.e. 3 rooms booked by diamond on points and all 3 received breakfast)
  • Gold/Diamond receive 2 free water bottles per day (sometimes have to ask) even though there is a tag on them saying $2
  • Resort fee waived by paying with points
  • 2 Bike rides included - highly recommended early in the morning beginning in town about 10 min drive away to the north.
  • Moments away out behind the property is the ocean shore with a path to walk on - highly recommended
  • Shell leis were given to each guest checking in
  • a box of macadamia nut chocolates were given only to diamond members 1st time, 2nd time a box of hawaiian cookies
  • checkout at 11am and on request extended to 12 pm
  • storage for suitcases until evening in a secured area by the front desk (right behind them with tags/numbers with matching tag for you to hold onto)
  • No airport shuttle
Print Wikipost

Hilton Garden Inn Kauai/Wailua Bay {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Would be nice to have something other than the Grand Wailea on Maui, Waikoloa Village on the Kona side of the Big Island.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by diver858
Would be nice to have something other than the Grand Wailea on Maui, Waikoloa Village on the Kona side of the Big Island.
I wish the grand wailea was a conrad instead of waldorf. There are practically no benefits at waldorf but every conrad I have been to has treated diamond members very well.

after reading about th waikaloa, I concluded that I didn't want to stay there and pay $50 in mandatory resort and parking fees per night.

I don't know how this property will be but I like a HGI with no resort fees and complimetary breakfast
Old Feb 22, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I don't know how this property will be but I like a HGI with no resort fees and complimetary breakfast
And no parking fee. And walking distance to Kapa'a. Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
3 nights in an ocean front room at this HGI is $570 for my dates. I have a reservation at the grand hyatt cash and points for those dates as well. It's ~$600 cash and 37.5k points. Since I only have platinum status with hyatt, i won't get any breakfast. The hyatt is a nice propertly but I'm not able to decide whether it's worth it to spend 37.5k points to stay there. My wife says life is too short to spend vacation in bad hotels so I'm currently inclined to stay at hyatt unless we get godo reports of renovation here.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 4:12 am

"walking distance to kapa'a" - this is actually quite a bit of a walk, partly along the road.
"wait for positive reviews to come in" - couldn't agree more. the property is going to be managed by the previous owners, look at the old reviews on tripadvisor - ashton aloha beach hotel. and also let's wait an see, if they're going to be able to handle the chicken problem - the chicken are all around the hotel, means right in front of your windows - and they start their day very early....
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Opens April 15th. Very reasonable rates. I am going to spend 2 nights here and then 5 nights at the Grand Hyatt. I'm paying $142/night at the HGI for a double queen ocean view room. My expectations are fairly low.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Booked room no mention of resort fee now one listed - Hotel tells me I will pay it

Warning to anyone who booked this hotel before last week.

I booked on Mar 2 at a pre-paid rate. There ZERO mention of a resort fee at the time of my booking. My email confirmation has no mention of the fee. I called the hotel directly about this and they told me they will charge me the fee as the Hilton Pages were wrong.

I contacted the HH rep on here who is very helpful and she had me email in my email confirmation. I did and got a response from someone else who cut and paste the resort fee info that NOW is on the Hilton pages. I responded back to him saying there was no fee listed when booked and would Corp Hilton help me to make sure I do not have issues when I refuse to pay the fee. His responce, was ..
Thank you for your reply. I apologize if this information was not present when you booked. I hope the hotel is able to work with you.
Really? Thanks!

I just made a booking to see how the email shows the fee after it was added to the page. It is clear on the email booking for the one i just made and it is clearly NOT on my booking made before it was added to the pages.

Is this not bate and switch? With the local hotel telling me that I will have to pay the fee and I can not cancel as it is a pre-paid, I'm really irradiated by this. I could be over reacting but I hate resort fees and try like hell to avoid hotels with them. It really makes me a bit mad that Hilton Corp wants to do nothing about it.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Have a 3 night stay in November booked. The reservation doesn't mention a resort fee. I have PMed HHonorsRepresentative to look into this, and see if there is something they can do to have the hotel not charge the resort fee if it isn't on the reservation.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Have a 3 night stay in November booked. The reservation doesn't mention a resort fee. I have PMed HHonorsRepresentative to look into this, and see if there is something they can do to have the hotel not charge the resort fee if it isn't on the reservation.
YES anyone who booked before the fee was put on the Hilton pages should PM the HHrep so they can see it is not a one off issue.

When I asked this, I was told by someone at Hilton Guest Assistance Social Media (not the HHrep here)
our corporate offices cannot assist because the resort fee is a charge from the hotel. Again, our offices cannot waive the charge. Only the hotel has the authority to do that.
I'm not looking for anything to be "waved". I do not want to be charge a fee that was not part of the agreement when I booked. I booked on the Hilton Corp pages there was nothing about a resort fee. Weeks after I booked there is now a fee listed. I call the hotel they tell me I WILL HAVE TO PAY THE FEE

So what needs to happen is, Corp Hilton needs to inform this hotel that any booking made before (what ever date Corp Hilton added the fee to the webpages) are NOT charged a fee (Not waved because it was not outlined to your customers when they booked).

This is why corporate offices are there to protect the brands and protect their customers. If a hotel is telling guest that they will charge a fee that the guest was not informed about at booking someone at corporate MUST step in.

It is Bait-and-switch, it is agents the law. Telling a customer they MUST pay a fee that was not in the terms when the customer booked is not right. Sure this hotel did something wrong to allow this to happen. BUT I booked on a Hilton webpage. The hotel is operating under the Hilton Garden Inn Brand. Corporate needs to make sure this is handled correctly.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:07 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

I reached out to the property and can confirm that the mandatory resort fee will only be charged to guests if it was disclosed at the time of their reservation.

If you have any questions about a specific reservation, please feel free to PM me with the details of your upcoming stay.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Thank you HHonorsRespresentative!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Generally I find typically the first response from CSRs will side with what has happened and are not anxious to look any further. I learned to read and comprehend many years ago. When I lodge a complaint it is because I don't agree with what has happened and usually for a good reason. Most times the second response is more in line with trying to address the issue I've reported. Support is not what we got years ago.

I had a manager that used the "third call" technique to returning phone calls. He felt if it was important enough for them to call three (or more) times, then it was important enough for him to find out what's happening. And this was back in the days before VM, so it was both the caller and secretary tied up with messages.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:53 am

I would like to thank the HHrep ^^^^ for getting this worked out and working with the hotel. I hope all the staff at this new hotel got the memo also. The one that picked up my call did not but as we all know that sadly happens a lot.

Looking forward to my stay in a few weeks and will report back on the cottages at this prop.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:57 am

I've emailed them twice already, regarding the following offer on their website:http://www.hiltongardeninnkauai.com/special-offers/

but no reply!

hopefully the customer service will improve substantially!!!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by summer01
I've emailed them twice already, regarding the following offer on their website:http://www.hiltongardeninnkauai.com/special-offers/

but no reply!

hopefully the customer service will improve substantially!!!
They did answer me on facebook messenger (Direct Message). How ever the service needs improvement. I booked the cottage, and when I booked I made the booking for 3 people. I messaged to confirm all the cottages have a sofa-bed and wanted to make sure they knew I was going to need that bed made up. The reply told me that would be $30 more per night. I messaged back that I made the booking for 3 people ... and the response back was they would "look into it".

I'm not getting a good impression of this place so far. Sounds like they want to nickel and dime.

I know they are just getting ready to open I give them that. But I worry the same staff and leadership that is running the show is the same that allowed the prop to get so run down and bad reviews before the renovation and re-branding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.