Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Maison Astor Paris, Curio Collection (Paris) {FRA} (France) (was Astor-Saint Honore)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maison Astor Paris, Curio Collection (Paris) {FRA} (France) (was Astor-Saint Honore)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by 1kBill
If you are visiting Paris, then you really should stay in Paris. The rooms at CDG are nice, but it is really an airport hotel unless you have some other specific reason to stay in that vicinity. It does have a lounge, but I was not impressed with it at all.
I updated that with a few reports of my stay in this thread but I should also mention I stayed at the CDG on my last night before a very early flight, and was given a nice upgrade to a suite.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
I had a one night stay in mid-Sept. Stayed as a Diamond.

Check in: Status was acknowledged at check in but there was no letter or explanation of any diamond benefits. I arrived at around 10.30am, the room was not available, but we went through the check in procedure and I had my bags stored.

In the room, there was a welcome amenity of grapes and a large bottle of Evian.

Room: Booked the basic room type, was upgraded to a deluxe room (one category upgrade, I believe). The room itself is lovely. The bathroom is in a strange style not really matching the bedroom.

Breakfast: Exceeded my expectations. The staff were very friendly, and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. The selection was better than other Paris hotels; as with most hotels in Paris there is no omelette station. Eggs are either scrambled or boiled.

Issues:
1) There was a cot bed in my room upon arrival and I had to call house keeping to have it removed.
2) The hallway lights as I enter the room did not work (two down lights). Not sure what the issue is, if they were ever connected, or if both bulbs blew. Given I stayed only one night and I eventually only got to the room just prior to dinner, I did not bother reporting it.
3) The flushing mechanism in the bathroom needs a hard push.
4) While the bottle of evian was provided, there was no bottle opener in the room.
5) Upon check out there seemed to be a confusion with the stay type. I had booked a HHONORS DISCOUNT rate. The front desk seemed to think it was a points redemption. I insisted to pay the rate on the reservation. However they insisted on clearing it up before charging me.
Perhaps this was an issue with the communication between the Hilton system and the hotel's own system.

Overall, it was an average stay, I am thankful for the upgrade. However the other design & service issues need taking care of during the renovation.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Will be closed shortly (30 October) for 9 months!

When checking our options for Paris next September, I check the St. Honore (where I've stayed before it joined Hilton and like the location), I found this message:

"Please note that the hotel will be closed for refurbishment from the 30th October 2016, and will reopen its doors on Monday, 31st July 2017. This is an affiliate hotel and will be joining the Curio, A Collection by Hilton in 2017."
Old May 13, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by Portolan
When checking our options for Paris next September, I check the St. Honore (where I've stayed before it joined Hilton and like the location), I found this message:

"Please note that the hotel will be closed for refurbishment from the 30th October 2016, and will reopen its doors on Monday, 31st July 2017. This is an affiliate hotel and will be joining the Curio, A Collection by Hilton in 2017."
Looks like the 9 month closure may have become 11 months as there are no rooms available before October 2. I guess this is not unusual.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
The closure has now extended to 13+ months.

From the hotel page: "La Maison Astor is happy to share with you a new chapter of its history as enhancement works are undergoing and the hotel will reopen its doors to welcome you from Monday, December 4, 2017."
Old May 19, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Plat Delta, DIA Hilton
FYI on Hotel opening....I had reservations for a week in Late May 2018, and was contacted a couple of days ago, that my reservation was moved to the Hilton Opera as the hotel is not ready. Hilton did it automatically, at no additional charge. I am fine with the change, but you might want to check if you have reservations here in May or June.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: All of em...
Has anybody tried to stay here in June yet? I see one review on TripAdvisor that they had to be moved to a hotel outside the city b/c it still wasn't open. I've tried calling the # for the hotel twice now w/no answer. Trying to book a few days early September for our Anniversary but I don't want to stay if we could get moved.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Bonvoy Plat, National EE
Website says they don't open until June 28th when you go and try to make a booking. It keeps getting pushed back.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I have a reward room for July 7-12, called the DD today and she thought I will be ok. She said they are taking new bookings starting July 6, advised if they probably wouldn’t do that if they weren’t fairly confident. If we end up at the Opera I won’t be that upset but looking forward to the Astor.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by kmandrew
I have a reward room for July 7-12, called the DD today and she thought I will be ok. She said they are taking new bookings starting July 6, advised if they probably wouldn’t do that if they weren’t fairly confident. If we end up at the Opera I won’t be that upset but looking forward to the Astor.
Cool. Please respond after your trip next month how it was and if you were moved or not!
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by kmandrew
I have a reservation here for July 13 to 17 and hope they are open by then. The opera is the only hotel I 've stayed at in Paris and it's booked with no diamond force availability
Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I have a reservation here for July 13 to 17 and hope they are open by then. The opera is the only hotel I 've stayed at in Paris and it's booked with no diamond force availability
I will let everybody know what happens with us, will also email them to see if I get some sort of response.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:21 pm

I messaged the hotel on Facebook and they replied today, a few days later. "Indeed, our hotel will open on few days now, all the team is super exited to welcome all the guests after 18 month of refurbishment!"
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Does anyone know why they wouldn't have points available for booking? I booked months ago using points then cancelled and now that the hotel appears to be up and running for our July stay I would like to use some of zillion points but it says not available.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by shmom
Does anyone know why they wouldn't have points available for booking? I booked months ago using points then cancelled and now that the hotel appears to be up and running for our July stay I would like to use some of zillion points but it says not available.
It's possible they won't be open... The hotel just messaged me back on Facebook and said they could let us know an official opening date "soon"...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.