Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Points for incidental charges on a non point earning stay

Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond

Sorry. I did search, and I couldn't think of a good way to word title.

Recently stayed at Hilton Doha on a Discover Qatar rate booked thru Qatar website. This was a free stay.

I was under the impression though that incidentals charged to the room would earn points (I don't know why I was. Perhaps something I read here).

I did not receive any points. (charges to the free room were about 100 USD).

Should I have?

As always, thank you for your help!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Delete
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:43 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Sorry. I did search, and I couldn't think of a good way to word title.

Recently stayed at Hilton Doha on a Discover Qatar rate booked thru Qatar website. This was a free stay.

I was under the impression though that incidentals charged to the room would earn points (I don't know why I was. Perhaps something I read here).

I did not receive any points. (charges to the free room were about 100 USD).

Should I have?

As always, thank you for your help!
As it's a complimentary room, the stay is classed as an ineligible stay and no stay or night credits can be claimed. The rule also states incidental charges can not be claimed. "Hilton Honors Points (or stay credit) may not be earned (including as a My Way benefit) for or during ineligible stays, including without limitation, folio charges incurred during ineligible stays."
I think you are correct in that some guests have discussed on Flyertalk and have managed to get credits and incidental points on ineligible stays, but I think they just got lucky and the hotel made a mistake.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
That is how I read it to, Chris. Thanks for the feedback. As it wouldn't be a lot of points, I'll just let it go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.