Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by ellylex
Would appreciate advice:

Have 2 Be My Guest Certificates with exp at the end of May 2019. 4 properties are available using these certificates on the dates I need - HHV, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn.
Is it a good idea to use them at this property while the revenue rate is $157 at HHV vs Embassy Suites that isn't on the beach is $384?! The rest of the stay will be at Hyatt Place.

PS Perhaps it would be better value to use them in Southern California (San Diego for instance).
Also, guests just have Silver status.
IMHO, the HHV has become a place to avoid. My LAST stay there in July ruined my memories of the property. Imagine Disney Paris on a spring break weekend.
ellylex likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:49 am

Question about an upgrade or tower change

Hello,

I expect to stay in this hotel sometimes in this July....so I come up one question..

I'm a HH Diamond member and currently I booked a resort view at the Rainbow Tower.....just wondering is it possible to ask to change the building to Ali Tower when I check in? Or is it just a non nonsense to request such a tower change?
Old May 11, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by hw807
Hello,

I expect to stay in this hotel sometimes in this July....so I come up one question..

I'm a HH Diamond member and currently I booked a resort view at the Rainbow Tower.....just wondering is it possible to ask to change the building to Ali Tower when I check in? Or is it just a non nonsense to request such a tower change?
I would call the Diamond Des now and at least have them place a note in your reservation requesting Ali'i Towers. While it's not the Ali'i of old still the better tower to be, private pool and all !
Old May 11, 2019, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes, they should give you an Ali'i room if available. Upgrades here are very hit and miss though. It's not a property I recommend anymore.
Old May 11, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I've never stayed here when the hotel was not sold out. This is one of the few hotels where I would not count on any upgrade and would book a room I actually want to stay in. You can of course ask for a room in the Ali'i tower and if one is available they should not refuse you.
Old May 11, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, they should give you an Ali'i room if available. Upgrades here are very hit and miss though. It's not a property I recommend anymore.
Agreed and it's sad. I began staying here in the early 70's on business and pleasure and have witnessed like many the steady downward spiral, Ali'i is a prime example of what HHV once was with a doorman, the "girls" serving breakfast poolside every morning. The on site eating options have shrunk and frankly dismal over priced. Sad, but then a lot of the beach properties have changed over the years. I don't think none more than the Hilton.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
I would call the Diamond Des now and at least have them place a note in your reservation requesting Ali'i Towers. While it's not the Ali'i of old still the better tower to be, private pool and all !
Thanks! So, request to changing tower is not a totally nonsense asking....i would try when i checking in!

Thanks. I also read this whole thread and realized that HHV is no more recommended hotel in Waikiki area. Unfortunately, my business session will held in this hotel so that's why i decide to stay here rather then moving from here to there.

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I've never stayed here when the hotel was not sold out. This is one of the few hotels where I would not count on any upgrade and would book a room I actually want to stay in. You can of course ask for a room in the Ali'i tower and if one is available they should not refuse you.
Thanks for your info! I will try to ask an upgrade and will leave a thread later!

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Agreed and it's sad. I began staying here in the early 70's on business and pleasure and have witnessed like many the steady downward spiral, Ali'i is a prime example of what HHV once was with a doorman, the "girls" serving breakfast poolside every morning. The on site eating options have shrunk and frankly dismal over priced. Sad, but then a lot of the beach properties have changed over the years. I don't think none more than the Hilton.
Thanks! So you witnessed all changes....I visited Waikiki since early 2000, but never stayed in HHV. Mostly i was looking for near the Waikiki beach. This thread seems to me that HHV is no longer favored property in Waikiki but I would like to experience by myself.
Old May 12, 2019, 10:23 am

Thanks! So, request to changing tower is not a totally nonsense asking....i would try when i checking in!

Thanks. I also read this whole thread and realized that HHV is no more recommended hotel in Waikiki area. Unfortunately, my business session will held in this hotel so that's why i decide to stay here rather then moving from here to there.

Thanks for your info! I will try to ask an upgrade and will leave a thread later!

Thanks! So you witnessed all changes....I visited Waikiki since early 2000, but never stayed in HHV. Mostly i was looking for near the Waikiki beach. This thread seems to me that HHV is no longer favored property in Waikiki but I would like to experience by myself.
By all means try it. It is on the beach, easy walking down to the other hotels, busy really busy, like all the hotels the F&B is low in quality and high in price. Breakfast buffet dismal and the famed ' Coffee Shop" across the street is closed. Having said that if you can score a ocean view particualry the Ali'i go for it. I started staying here in the early 70's three times a year on business so yes I have seen the changes. Even when Don Ho did nightly shows and the Kobe SteakHouse was new
Old May 12, 2019, 10:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Unfortunately, my business session will held in this hotel so that's why i decide to stay here rather then moving from here to there.
Makes sense. Ali'i is overall best experience IMO, but if you can't get that Rainbow Tower has spectacular views on the Diamond Head side and the rooms are redone.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:51 am

Makes sense. Ali'i is overall best experience IMO, but if you can't get that Rainbow Tower has spectacular views on the Diamond Head side and the rooms are redone.
The rooms were redone a few years ago, and tower has some great views, but I personally prefer Ali'i for it's private pool and it's quiet.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:45 am

I am a Diamond Member and stayed at this property 2 weeks ago for 6 days with two different reservations.

The property itself was so busy packed, literally a zoo. Considering how crazy it was the staff seemed to be pretty on top of things.

My first reservation, I stayed at Tapa Tower with resort view. Rooms and the building seemed outdated, nothing spectacular.

My second reservation was supposed to be in the same tower, but I asked about an upgrade at the front desk and was actually upgraded to Rainbow Tower with a Corner Room getting great view of the Ocean and Diamond Head. The tower, room and view were all great and was really surprised at how nice the overall building was compared to Tapa.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by oongiepark
I am a Diamond Member and stayed at this property 2 weeks ago for 6 days with two different reservations.

The property itself was so busy packed, literally a zoo. Considering how crazy it was the staff seemed to be pretty on top of things.

My first reservation, I stayed at Tapa Tower with resort view. Rooms and the building seemed outdated, nothing spectacular.

My second reservation was supposed to be in the same tower, but I asked about an upgrade at the front desk and was actually upgraded to Rainbow Tower with a Corner Room getting great view of the Ocean and Diamond Head. The tower, room and view were all great and was really surprised at how nice the overall building was compared to Tapa.

There was a time when there Tapa as the new kid on the block it ! You got one the of the rooms I had preciously spoken about great view.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:35 pm

I am new here, and just booked 5 night s in Feb at the HHV on points. I have an "Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa eStandby Upgrade® Program" offer on my confirmation email. If we upgraded, would we then have to pay resort fees? Part of the appeal of staying on points is not having to pay the fees! Thanks!
Old May 22, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by LB002
I am new here, and just booked 5 night s in Feb at the HHV on points. I have an "Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa eStandby Upgrade® Program" offer on my confirmation email. If we upgraded, would we then have to pay resort fees? Part of the appeal of staying on points is not having to pay the fees! Thanks!
Welcome to Flyertalk LB002! No, you won't have to pay the resort fee if you upgrade the room.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Welcome to Flyertalk LB002! No, you won't have to pay the resort fee if you upgrade the room.
Thanks! Not sure we're even interested in the options offered, but good to know before I even consider. We are Diamond level (I know, how unique!), but it seems like a very busy resort so I'm not expecting any significant upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.