Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
There's an ihop not too far away. At Ala Moana mall, there's a few fast food such as McD, Panda Express, Ikes and Subway.
I'd steer clear of the IHOP. I stayed at the HHV on business last summer. The first night I walked over to IHOP, had dinner, paid with my corporate credit card. My card is set up to email me notifications of new charges, and that night I got 4 notifications - one for the dinner at IHOP, 2 recurring monthly subscriptions to a WiFi service (~$35 each) and an annual subscription to adultfriendfinder.com for 180 bucks.

IHOP was the only place that I had taken my card out of my wallet, up to that point. National Car rental and Hilton both have it on file.

I called the restaurant the next day and spoke to the manager to let her know what happened, and she didn't seem interested at all. I wasn't asking for anything, just letting her know what happened. When I said "I just thought you should know, because if you have someone willing to steal from me, they are probably willing to steal from you", she hung up on me.

It may not still be a problem, but I have a long memory.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Close to Changs: Cheesecake Factory
At HHV: Benihana--but doesn't take gift cards bought on mainland
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by linsj
Close to Changs: Cheesecake Factory
At HHV: Benihana--but doesn't take gift cards bought on mainland
It never ceases to amaze me how the HHV always finds new gotchas to disappoint or annoy. I say this as a diamond and ex-resident of Honolulu.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Amelorn
It never ceases to amaze me how the HHV always finds new gotchas to disappoint or annoy. I say this as a diamond and ex-resident of Honolulu.
Not just HHV though. Same is true of Roy's.

OP - there's a California Pizza Kitchen at the Ala Moana Center ( ~1 mile distance from HHV) and those gift cards can often be found 20% off at Costco and SamsClub. Order online w/ a Discover card for 5% cash back on warehouse clubs
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
My hands down favourite place to eat when stay Waikiki (sometimes walk-long, sometimes uber) is Side Street Inn. Always a wait. Fantastic food. Fried rice and lilikoi ribs each time I go. Bring a huge appetite and lots of people, VERY large portions.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
There’s a Starbucks in HHV. It isn’t a chain, bu just outside HHV is a Round Table Pizza that is wonderful!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by cbkn76
Is anyone familiar with this area? Any national chains?
Yes, I have searched on google maps, but all I see are local restaurants. While we will enjoy experiencing local food, In the hope of saving a little money I was hoping to get some gift cards with points rewards to use for a few meals.

And no, visa/mc gift cards are not an option.
There is a Red Lobster nearby, within walking distance.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Amelorn
The Benihana gift card situation is not a result of HHV. That's true of all Hawaiian Benihanas; they have different gift cards. Same thing with Ruby Tuesday.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by linsj
The Benihana gift card situation is not a result of HHV. That's true of all Hawaiian Benihanas; they have different gift cards. Same thing with Ruby Tuesday.
I perhaps should have clarified as "the HHV experience." Nonetheless, it can be added to the variety of on-property exclusions/kick-to-the-gonads to be mindful of.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:40 am

I’m sad to learn that Wailana Coffee House closed down on Sunday. The reason was rising maintenance costs and an expected bill of one million dollars for a renovation. The owners felt it was better to shut down. We would always go there for a nice, affordable breakfast if we were sticking around the resort. What is the next best breakfast option? I’d prefer not to go to IHOP or McDonalds.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by kenbo
I’m sad to learn that Wailana Coffee House closed down on Sunday. The reason was rising maintenance costs and an expected bill of one million dollars for a renovation. The owners felt it was better to shut down. We would always go there for a nice, affordable breakfast if we were sticking around the resort. What is the next best breakfast option? I’d prefer not to go to IHOP or McDonalds.

#$^%$#^%#^%#^%# I have been going there since the late 70's (*&()&*^&*%&*^ another one gone. Not sure where one can go now IHOP is horrible same for McDonald's. Well I am sure F&B at the HHV is ecstatic now that more people will be forced to eat their marginal at best buffet.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:39 pm

I'm staying here this coming weekend!

Anyone recently stay there know if they are still offering free continental breakfast at the Rainbow Lanai as an option?

I'm diamond, hoping for, but not expecting an upgrade. Should I try online check in, or try my luck at the front desk?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn

Anyone recently stay there know if they are still offering free continental breakfast at the Rainbow Lanai as an option?

I'm diamond, hoping for, but not expecting an upgrade. Should I try online check in, or try my luck at the front desk?
I hope for your sake they have upgraded the breakfast in the Rainbow unless of course you like sugar!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn

I was there earlier this summer. No continental breakfast at the Rainbow Lanai. You get a daily credit per adult. It was a bit of a hassle this time around to do room charges. I had two or three servers from different on-property restaurants tell me that they needed ID to confirm the room charge because there had been some cases of fraudulent charges. This also required them making a call (to the front desk?) to verify your information.

It's strongly recommended to book the room type you want at this resort. But if you're feeling adventurous, it seems the consensus from other upgrade threads is to wait until the day of check-in and see if you've been upgraded. One way to check on the app is to go to your reservation, and then click on My Stay. It will show your room type. If you see something other than what you booked, then it will be your upgrade. If there's no change, then take your chances at the front desk.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kenbo
You get a daily credit per adult. It was a bit of a hassle this time around to do room charges. I had two or three servers from different on-property restaurants tell me that they needed ID to confirm the room charge because there had been some cases of fraudulent charges. This also required them making a call (to the front desk?) to verify your information.
They've definitely tightened up. They wanted name of second guest at check-in. Then they never applied credit to my bill. Such a paltry benefit to begin with, now they're going even cheaper on it.

My last two stays here have been not so great.

Re upgrades, I've never been upgraded in advance at this property, but have received one at check-in about 75% of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.