Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Ok, hula lessons it is! j/k, that was the only thing I could think of that the resort fee covered - but if it covered, say, a Mai Tai or whatever you'd get that even though you used points.
Here's the list of what they say that fee (it's gone up to $40/day now, apparently) covers:
  • WiFi access in your room and in most public areas around the resort
  • PlayStation® 3 access with unlimited movies and games (DVD Now card given to you at check-in can only be used in your specified tower. One movie/game can be removed at a time.)
  • Local, toll-free, and credit card calls (No access fee)
  • Hawaiian Village Cultural Activities (Sign up at the Activities desk in the Main Lobby. Please bring your DVD Now card to present to your instructor.)
  • 10% off or 1 category upgrade on a 2-day or more rental from National Rental Car located at Tapa Tower in Hilton Hawaiian Village* (Present your DVD Now Card.)
  • Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown (See Movie titles and location on your in-room television channel #7.)
  • 20% off the Adventure Sail on the Spirit of Aloha Catamaran** (Present your DVD Now Card at the Spirit of Aloha desk.)
  • Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. (Sign up at the Activities desk in the Main Lobby. Present your DVD Now Card to the instructor.)
  • 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities'† for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and aqua cycles.*** (Present your DVD Now card at any Waikiki Beach Activities beach or lagoon stand)
  • Buy one adult admission and get one child (4-12 years) admission free to the Waikiki Aquarium. Please bring your DVD Now Card to the Waikiki Aquarium ticket office to receive offer.

Speaking for myself, The only item on that list that I am likely to use would be the WiFi, and I would ordinarily get that for free as a Diamond. So, not a lot of value there for me.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Is there an official rate sheet for all the beach rentals and activities? I assume everything (umbrellas, chairs, fins, etc.) costs extra.

Are there any freebies or discounts for Ali'i guests?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

We occasionally used the DVD rental when we were at the HHV and the HWV ( and the wifi)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
You're right, QKYNUF, not a lot of value for us, either, which is why I probably never paid much attention. Some resorts (not the HHV) do offer some tangible things (like the Mai Tais I mentioned), but since the HHV doesn't I'm just going to be very happy I don't have to pay it.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:34 pm

You're right, QKYNUF, not a lot of value for us, either, which is why I probably never paid much attention. Some resorts (not the HHV) do offer some tangible things (like the Mai Tais I mentioned), but since the HHV doesn't I'm just going to be very happy I don't have to pay it.
In my (limited) experience, $40 doesn't buy a lot of Mai Tais in Honolulu. After our first trip there last year, I told my wife that my new life goal was to accumulate enough wealth to be able to afford to retire to Hawaii and have a drinking problem.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Actually, I've read the fine print on some of the free night certificates (not award stays using points), and I believe they do say that a resort fee is payable. Maybe it depends which one you're using?
I am using the free weekend cert that came with the Hilton Aspire credit card. The T&C does not say anything about resort fee:

Hilton Honors - Hilton Honors Free Night Certificate Terms & Conditions

I will be staying 2 nights using the Free Weekend certs from the Aspire credit card, and one paid night. Will I only be paying for one night's resort fee, or all three nights?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:37 am

And this is from the one I'll be using from the $15,000 spend on the Ascend. Next to last sentence addresses resort fees.
ow it Works
  1. To ensure receipt of the reward e-mail notification, you should confirm the correct email address is listed on your Hilton Honors account profile.
  2. To redeem a Weekend Night Reward, Card Members must call 1-800-446-6677 and mention the code provided by Hilton Honors. You can also check your Hilton Honors account for the status of any Weekend Night Rewards issued to you (including the expiration date) by calling 1-800-446-6677.
See Terms & Conditions for further details.

Benefit Terms
If, in any calendar year of Card Membership, your total eligible purchases on your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card account reach $15,000.00, you will receive a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors. The Weekend Night Reward will be issued in the form of a redeemable code and sent to you in an email from Hilton Honors to the email address listed on your Hilton Honors account. You will receive the reward email within 8-12 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement. This benefit is only available to the Basic Card Member; however, eligible purchases made by Additional Card Members will contribute to the purchase requirement. Eligible purchases to meet the purchase requirement are for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or other cash equivalents. If you transfer to a different Hilton Honors American Express card, only the eligible purchases you make on the new Card will count towards the new card’s Weekend Night Reward purchase requirement. Any eligible purchases you made on your old card will not count toward the new card’s Weekend Night Reward purchase requirement.The Weekend Night Reward can be redeemed for one weekend night standard accommodation, double occupancy, subject to availability, at properties in the Hilton portfolio, excluding those listed at HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward.A weekend night is defined as Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. To redeem the Weekend Night Reward, Card Members must call 1-800-446-6677 and mention the code provided by Hilton Honors. A Weekend Night Reward expires within one year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed on or before the expiration date. A Weekend Night Reward will be forfeited if not redeemed on or before the expiration date. To ensure receipt of the reward e-mail notification, you should confirm the correct email address is listed on your Hilton Honors account profile. You can also check your Hilton Honors account for the status of any Weekend Night Rewards issued to you (including the expiration date) by calling 1-800-446-6677.This Reward is not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or Hilton Honors Points. A Weekend Night Reward may be combined with other Hilton or Free Night promotions in market and may be added to existing paid or Reward stays. A Weekend Night Reward includes all applicable taxes; however, the Card Member may be responsible for payment of additional mandatory resort fees at participating Hilton Resorts where resort fees are applicable, and is responsible for all incidental charges. Weekend Night Reward redemptions may be cancelled pursuant to the Weekend Night Reward cancellation policy on the Hilton Honors Program website (hiltonhonors.com).

Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
Is there an official rate sheet for all the beach rentals and activities? I assume everything (umbrellas, chairs, fins, etc.) costs extra.

Are there any freebies or discounts for Ali'i guests?
I don't remember a breakdown of the prices but 2 chairs and 1 umbrella were US$66 last December, including the sales tax.

There are no special discounts for Ali'i guests.
Bicoastal Local likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I don't remember a breakdown of the prices but 2 chairs and 1 umbrella were US$66 last December, including the sales tax.

There are no special discounts for Ali'i guests.
Thanks. That's going to add up for a week-long family stay. Is there somewhere on the resort that sells beach gear?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Thanks. That's going to add up for a week-long family stay. Is there somewhere on the resort that sells beach gear?
No, I don't think so.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:58 am

What do you mean by beach gear? The ABC stores sell those bamboo mats to lay on. I don't know if they sell folding chairs - maybe?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:35 am

What do you mean by beach gear? The ABC stores sell those bamboo mats to lay on. I don't know if they sell folding chairs - maybe?
I was thinking at a minimum, folding chairs and an umbrella or two (want to keep the youngest in the shade).

I thought there was a shopping area on site. Is it just souvenir and trinket shops?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:48 am

I was thinking at a minimum, folding chairs and an umbrella or two (want to keep the youngest in the shade).

I thought there was a shopping area on site. Is it just souvenir and trinket shops?
That's where the ABC store is located - right in the middle. Not sure if they carry chairs and umbrellas, but you can look. Anything more substantial than that you might have to go to a Walmart or something (do they have a Walmart on Oahu?).

Several of the pools are quite shady - I'm thinking the Tapa Tower. The more fun pool with the slides and stuff over on the far side (west) is pretty exposed. With all the towers and palm trees there is quite a bit of shade, of course not at the beach unfortunately.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:15 pm

That's where the ABC store is located - right in the middle. Not sure if they carry chairs and umbrellas, but you can look. Anything more substantial than that you might have to go to a Walmart or something (do they have a Walmart on Oahu?).
There is a Walmart on Oahu. It's about one mile from HHV. I walked there once so it's not too bad. I don't think I've ever seen chairs and umbrellas at the ABC Store. They definitely have mats and other beach toys for children.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador

Several of the pools are quite shady - I'm thinking the Tapa Tower. The more fun pool with the slides and stuff over on the far side (west) is pretty exposed. With all the towers and palm trees there is quite a bit of shade, of course not at the beach unfortunately.
But who goes to the beach for shade ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.