Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Unless I'm mistaken, they offer no true one bedroom suites, but rather, a junior suite that's just a larger room with a sofabed.
Thats my recollection too. We sacrificed space and layout for the DH views and proximity to the beach provided by the Rainbow tower.

We were very close to booking a bedroom suite style room in the next building (one of the HGVC buildings). That is a good option if layout is paramount
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by Beckles
So, I was considering renting a car for my trip tomorrow if the free parking I had read about is easy, and I just clicked on the link provided then went to street view and along that stretch there are payment boxes with signs that state "No Public Parking" (Here's a Link to the Streetview), sure doesn't look free or welcoming, or is the Streetview out of date?
Anyone have any other suggestions for free or cheap overnight parking a bit farther away? I'm staying here for a week soon, and most of the time plan to just be car-free and walk/Uber around. But thinking about a couple of days to pickup a Turo car (plenty reasonably priced close by) but that would likely mean 1 or 2 overnights where paying $50 at the HHV would be more than the car!
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
Originally Posted by pitflyer
Anyone have any other suggestions for free or cheap overnight parking a bit farther away? I'm staying here for a week soon, and most of the time plan to just be car-free and walk/Uber around. But thinking about a couple of days to pickup a Turo car (plenty reasonably priced close by) but that would likely mean 1 or 2 overnights where paying $50 at the HHV would be more than the car!
You can still park at the Ala Wai Harbor for $1/hour max 24 hours. It's pretty convenient to the Rainbow Tower as you can just walk around the lagoon. I did see broken glass though so don't leave anything valuable in the car.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by pitflyer
I was there in September and parking near the yacht club was still free. I followed the instructions in the earlier post and there was plenty of parking. I believe the link to street view isn’t exactly the location. It’s in that general area. Maybe take a walk over. It was maybe a 10 minute walk.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
There was, pre-Covid, free parking along the canal and nearby more residential streets after a certain time. Can be a bit of a challenge to find a spot. Regs vary by street. A bit more of a walk but not bad. However, be very careful about break-ins. Unfortunately, all too common.
edgewood49 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Thanks for the tips folks. Will definitely leave nothing, especially visible, in the car.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Where can G/D use the $18 daily food and beverage credit?

Going at the end of this month. I see references in this thread to using it at the SBUX in the Ali'i Tower.

Where else can it be used? I assume that some on-site restaurants are leased and not eligible.....
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by loomis
Going at the end of this month. I see references in this thread to using it at the SBUX in the Ali'i Tower.

Where else can it be used? I assume that some on-site restaurants are leased and not eligible.....
Wiki wiki market (grab and go stuff)
Tropics restaurant
Hau Tree Cantina

couple others I think

when you check in, the paper they give spells them all out
The _Banking_Scot and boxo like this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:18 pm

Note: I know the review above references a Diamond line, and I've used one there a few times in the past, but now Diamonds are packed in with the next level down, maybe two, so don't expect a dedicated line for Diamonds.

In fact, the line for non-HH members was shorter, and I'd swear it actually moved faster, and you wound up with the same bank of check-in agents regardless. So if the non-member line is short, consider using that. Check in was slowed by the vax card/QR code/ID verification; took quite a while, long enough for me to start getting impatient.

Got a very nice but not spectacular upgrade for this paid stay. One thing a desk agent told me (different hotel, mind you) is that they may take a look at your points balance as well. Whether or not that's just a personal curiosity or another upgrade determiner I have no idea.

There's a lot more activity now than a year ago; something of a ghost town then, but with the increased activity comes a lot of plexiglass and the smell of weed is pretty common inside and around the hotel.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smithrh
Note: I know the review above references a Diamond line, and I've used one there a few times in the past, but now Diamonds are packed in with the next level down, maybe two, so don't expect a dedicated line for Diamonds.

In fact, the line for non-HH members was shorter, and I'd swear it actually moved faster, and you wound up with the same bank of check-in agents regardless. So if the non-member line is short, consider using that. Check in was slowed by the vax card/QR code/ID verification; took quite a while, long enough for me to start getting impatient.

Got a very nice but not spectacular upgrade for this paid stay. One thing a desk agent told me (different hotel, mind you) is that they may take a look at your points balance as well. Whether or not that's just a personal curiosity or another upgrade determiner I have no idea.

There's a lot more activity now than a year ago; something of a ghost town then, but with the increased activity comes a lot of plexiglass and the smell of weed is pretty common inside and around the hotel.
Interesting on the weed comment. Recreational use is illegal here in Hawaii. Medical use is legal but only in your home.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Interesting on the weed comment. Recreational use is illegal here in Hawaii. Medical use is legal but only in your home.
Smelled it a little bit last trip (a year ago) but it was noticable this year.

Sitting on the balcony for a while chilling and then someone lit up a floor or two below me.

Wondering if people are getting decriminalized and legalized confused?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:16 pm

Understandable to be confuzzled when lit

Disappointing need if Diamond loses an exclusive line. Although my experience has been it is pretty clogged and slow moving
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist

When I was there everyone at the desk on the left side where the diamond/online checkin line was just went on break at the same time. They went through like 10 people pulling from only the main line before people in line started making a fuss. The ridiculous time it took to checkin and them trying to upcharge me for a room they used to give me for free is why I no longer stay there.
edgewood49 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Smelled it a little bit last trip (a year ago) but it was noticable this year.

Sitting on the balcony for a while chilling and then someone lit up a floor or two below me.

Was not staying at the Hilton but the Hyatt and had a very similar experience as what you describe. No matter where we sat on the beach it was always there. Never had it like that before. I wondered the same thing with regards to "decriminalized and legalized".
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:35 am

Programs: Some more than others
Wrong thread.

Last edited by SCChris; Feb 20, 2022 at 3:11 pm Reason: Wrong thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.