Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Well, it's highly doubtful you will get Ali'i maybe just maybe Rainbow if not Tapa

you know you will not get points when you book low cost online services.
Just one more question, lol. For having been a HH member since 2002, I am pretty clueless on the program.

I am now GOLD status instead of silver. Because I booked through Costco, does this mean I will not get breakfast vouchers or possibility of a room upgrade? I know I will not get points....
Old May 19, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Just one more question, lol. For having been a HH member since 2002, I am pretty clueless on the program.

I am now GOLD status instead of silver. Because I booked through Costco, does this mean I will not get breakfast vouchers or possibility of a room upgrade? I know I will not get points....
I would ask when you check in the problem with Costco and other cheap booking sites is that you don't get points etc. If one looks at booking direct with say Hilton dollar cost average your benefits versus the cheap room you might be surprised.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: HH Silver
Thanks Edgewood, I will ask at check in. I called HH and tried to add my number, but they would not. Maybe they will when I check in.

The Costco price was about $700 lower than booking direct when I add in the resort fee included, so no matter what, I will not complain. That was using my HH discount. Costco also threw in cheap (shuttle) transportation both directions, that I may or may not use, just depending on how tired I am, and how fast I want to get there.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
They should have the decency to make the breakfast credit enough to actually buy breakfast given they are going to turn around and charge you that stupid resort fee.
I think the reason they have not been offering breakfast is that too many elites stay at the hotel, so it would not only overwhelm the restaurant but also would be very expensive for the hotel. Giving sufficient credit to actually buy breakfast is no different from actually providing free breakfast, which the hotel is trying to avoid. (Not defending them). I would rather they removed the stupid resort fee for Diamond/Gold members.

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I thought it was $20 per room per night, not $10 per person. I never declared my other half at check-in. Anyway, we used vouchers for evening meal.
It has always been $10 per person. A credit of $20 is given when 2 people are registered in the room.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I think the reason they have not been offering breakfast is that too many elites stay at the hotel, so it would not only overwhelm the restaurant but also would be very expensive for the hotel.
It's simpler than that. They don't feel they need draw elites with perks to fill the rooms. Same reason Marriott doesn't give breakfasts at resorts.

I suspect the percentage of elites staying here is much lower than at big city business properties.
Old May 21, 2016, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's simpler than that. They don't feel they need draw elites with perks to fill the rooms. Same reason Marriott doesn't give breakfasts at resorts.

I suspect the percentage of elites staying here is much lower than at big city business properties.
Marriott gives it's PP breakfast around the world at resorts or maybe it's my charm
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:26 pm

Booked for a two night stay August 27-29 for just a standard resort view king. Just did a nor1 upgrade request to ali'i (I shouldve booked before ali'i directly, but too late now as rate is much higher).

Anyone have any reports on successful nor1's ? I guess I would check night before/day of to see if nor1 was accepted and head to ali'i for check in rather than lineup at the regular desk?

I'm also guessing its still high season as labour day is so far back this year. *sigh*
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Got a great upgrade today as a gold member to Tapa junior suite on 17th floor, end unit, ocean view. Yesterday when I checked the app and website for room possibilities, several resort view rooms in Tapa and Kalia were listed. (My track record with digital check-in has always been a room that's the opposite of what's in my profile, so I haven't bothered with it.) Then last night I saw this upgrade and took it. Too bad it's only for one night, but I've been here for a week in Lagoon Tower on club points.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by linsj
Got a great upgrade today as a gold member to Tapa junior suite on 17th floor, end unit, ocean view. Yesterday when I checked the app and website for room possibilities, several resort view rooms in Tapa and Kalia were listed. (My track record with digital check-in has always been a room that's the opposite of what's in my profile, so I haven't bothered with it.) Then last night I saw this upgrade and took it. Too bad it's only for one night, but I've been here for a week in Lagoon Tower on club points.
it never fails does it one night great upgrade.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:45 pm

That's for sure.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Do you mind if I ask why you had to change rooms for the one night?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Do you mind if I ask why you had to change rooms for the one night?
didn't just commented it seems when your somewhere for one night you get a home run ! Mostly though that's because a particular room maybe open for that night only and you get lucky.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
didn't just commented it seems when your somewhere for one night you get a home run ! Mostly though that's because a particular room maybe open for that night only and you get lucky.
The poster said he had been in the Lagoon Tower for a week, what would be the reason to move for just one night to a jr. suite, to me that would not be worth the hassle (the Presidential Suite would be a home run, a jr suite "nice" but hardly worth a move). I was wondering if the poster was adding a night and there was no availability where he was, etc.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
The poster said he had been in the Lagoon Tower for a week, what would be the reason to move for just one night to a jr. suite, to me that would not be worth the hassle (the Presidential Suite would be a home run, a jr suite "nice" but hardly worth a move). I was wondering if the poster was adding a night and there was no availability where he was, etc.
You are correct. I could only get a week with my timeshare points and wanted eight nights. So I booked a hotel night with Honors points.

FYI: The poster is a she. :-)
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Marriott gives it's PP breakfast around the world at resorts or maybe it's my charm
It's probably your charm.
See for benefits for regular gold and platinum:
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-promot...d-breakfast.mi

It's a fresh perk for Gold and Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards members: Enjoy free continental breakfast for 2 at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels® across the U.S. and Canada* – every day, 7 days a week.
*Resorts are excluded. Charges applied for additional guests.
As far as I know there is no published benefit for Platinum Premier to receive breakfast at resorts; there have been a few individual resorts that would provide this benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.