Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Actually Tapa is "back of the house" street side, still if not in Ali'i and can not get Rainbow then Tapa is the best choice. It's a newer tower other than the vacation units.
Tapa's also very tall so "ocean front" on a higher floor should still have a nice view, though you won't be on the sand.

Rainbow and Ali'i are technically not an option for OP based on what he purchased, though many of the front desk agents at this property are very nice and it probably wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
Tapa's also very tall so "ocean front" on a higher floor should still have a nice view, though you won't be on the sand.

Rainbow and Ali'i are technically not an option for OP based on what he purchased, though many of the front desk agents at this property are very nice and it probably wouldn't hurt to ask.
"High view" is key word, anything lower you get the noise from the pool/bar/people ! It goes to show you and the hotels are really on this now to book direct. Sometimes a little more goes a long long ways especially at a property like this.

Just saying. In thirty years of coming here other than booking exactly what I want I have come not to expect anything.
Old May 2, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Thanks. We had no issues on this trip. Bus 19 is very easy to find.

The whole process was easy and enjoyable.
Old May 3, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Just booked at the HHV and noticed two new things

I stay at the HHV a lot as a Oahu local.

I just booked for tomorrow night and notice on the confirmation email this:
In lieu of complimentary continental breakfast, a $10 daily dining credit to use in participating restaurants and bars for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room will be offered for each day of your stay.

Almost every stay in the past I hear front desk agents dealing with Gold and Diamonds with this hotel policy.

Also after booking online I got a new page pop up asking me to share my booking on twitter or facebook for a free "Blue Hawaiian" OR $15.00 food & bev credit. So why not. I shared (via filp.to) and got an email for $15.00 at a Hilton owned food or bar outlet, add that to my $20.00 credit as a Diamond. NOT BAD.

The email with the link to the $15 cert

When it was shared on facebook it gave anyone who booked via my share 5% off and 1,000 points if they booked
Old May 4, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by little_dc
Also after booking online I got a new page pop up asking me to share my booking on twitter or facebook for a free "Blue Hawaiian" OR $15.00 food & bev credit. So why not. I shared (via filp.to) and got an email for $15.00 at a Hilton owned food or bar outlet, add that to my $20.00 credit as a Diamond. NOT BAD.
So $10 for being a Diamond and $15 for a FB/twitter post . . . Guess we know how they value loyalty

(Somewhat tongue in cheek, I like this property and always felt well treated here as a gold.)
Old May 4, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
It was $20 credit before and it was not enough for anything to eat, 10$ is even worse.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
It was $20 credit before and it was not enough for anything to eat, 10$ is even worse.
You are so right. I do like that you can let is all add up. I was a guest for 40 nights when I first moved here. Company paid the bill and I got $20 a day that added up to $800 in F&B credit. I had to be at work before breakfast even opened. So I enjoyed a great Filet mignon at the Bali Steak house every weekend.

When I get irritated by this I always think to Marriott where Gold and Plats do not get the Breakfast perk at "Resorts"
Old May 4, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I don't think it was ever $20 per person - we've gotten $10 pp (so $20/day as a couple) since they closed the lounge, and yes it was nice that it was cumulative since we never spent $20/day at our usual Starbucks coffee and pastry, just did the full buffet one morning.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:55 am

When I get irritated by this I always think to Marriott where Gold and Plats do not get the Breakfast perk at "Resorts"
And there's also a thread in the MR forum right now about Plats being refused upgrades (despite availability) at resorts.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:23 pm

You are so right. I do like that you can let is all add up. I was a guest for 40 nights when I first moved here. Company paid the bill and I got $20 a day that added up to $800 in F&B credit. I had to be at work before breakfast even opened. So I enjoyed a great Filet mignon at the Bali Steak house every weekend.

NOT sure what you mean by Marriott Plats don't get breakfast I am a lifetime PLT and have failed not to get breakfast worldwide. This is the first year as a non PP but still getting the same treatment.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
NOT sure what you mean by Marriott Plats don't get breakfast I am a lifetime PLT and have failed not to get breakfast worldwide. This is the first year as a non PP but still getting the same treatment.
Resorts are expressly excluded from the Marriott breakfast benefit (as are Edition properties):

Daily continental breakfast, light snacks and beverages for members and one guest in the Executive Lounge at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels® (limited participation), (resorts excluded).

Marriott Platinum Benefits
Old May 5, 2016, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Resorts are expressly excluded from the Marriott breakfast benefit (as are Edition properties):

Daily continental breakfast, light snacks and beverages for members and one guest in the Executive Lounge at JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® and Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels® (limited participation), (resorts excluded).

Marriott Platinum Benefits
Well I have never not gotten a full breakfast and if my wife is with me 2x. Not sure why I am coming off years of PP and now lifetime PLT but i get them. Maybe if one is nice at checkin
Old May 9, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
They should have the decency to make the breakfast credit enough to actually buy breakfast given they are going to turn around and charge you that stupid resort fee.
Old May 17, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, 3MM; Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Self-Service Check-In

I was reading through the HHV webpage and came across this:

"Self-Service Check-In"

"vCheck-In - This express service is available to guests with pre-existing reservations. Call toll-free 1-866-779-5050 at least 72 hours prior to arrival, between the hours of 10am and 6pm daily, HST. To expedite your check-in, please leave your name, confirmation number, phone number, and the best time to contact you. If you do not personally speak to a Front Desk agent regarding your check-in, you are not considered pre-checked in. As a reminder, hotel check-in time is 3pm, and check out time is 11am.

Upon arrival at the hotel, please proceed to the vCheck-in service area located at the Mail and Key Desk in the Main Lobby. If you are confirmed for the Ali'i Tower, you may proceed directly to the Ali'i Front Desk in the Ali'i Tower Lobby. Present a valid photo ID and the credit card you wish to leave on file. Please note the photo ID must match the name on the reservation."

Has anyone used Self-Service Check-In? What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing this? I am a Diamond member with 2 rooms reserved (one paid, one with points) and have requested connecting rooms.
Old May 17, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I don't think it was ever $20 per person - we've gotten $10 pp (so $20/day as a couple) since they closed the lounge, and yes it was nice that it was cumulative since we never spent $20/day at our usual Starbucks coffee and pastry, just did the full buffet one morning.
I thought it was $20 per room per night, not $10 per person. I never declared my other half at check-in. Anyway, we used vouchers for evening meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.