Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2020, 7:10 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
guess so
I think there will be a lot more cancelled in the coming months I think Hawaii will be "off limits" for a long time to come
Old Aug 12, 2020, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I think there will be a lot more cancelled in the coming months I think Hawaii will be "off limits" for a long time to come
Good luck with that.

David
Old Aug 13, 2020, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Good luck with that.

David
Good luck with what ? There is no question the islands will not open anytime soon. Even if a vaccine is announced tomorrow it will take 6 months or more before the effects begin to show results thats a fact. Much like NZ where there is a new outbreak the islands are being very careful My wife is Hawaiian ask her how she feels about this! Now the inter island travel is being halted again. But as you said "good luck with that"
Old Aug 14, 2020, 7:59 am

The hotels have no choice as the weeks and months go by but to cancel reservations, one can make all you want but until the Hawaiian .gov opens upon for tourist, period. I have traveled to the islands since '74 for business as well as pleasure I can well imagine the pain that is going through the islands with no tourist dollars. Not sure how soon they will open my best guest is maybe October but as we come into fall thats a crap shoot with this virus then flu season starts. There is no way to be 100% prescreening will work there is always that person or two that slip through the system with innocently or purposely. As for the hotels themselves and from experience as a contractor I think they are simply keeping the temperatures balanced in the rooms and closed area's and open/common areas as clean as possible. It akin to the aftermath of 911 when hotels closed down towers keeping minimal areas open. I remember landing there right after flying from Boston and it was eery on " the beach"
Old Aug 18, 2020, 11:52 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Exclamation Moderator's reminder....

Discussion of general Covid issues as they relate to travel should occur in the dedicated forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/

Discussion of Hawai`i travel restrictions, etc., can occur on one of the relevant threads in the Hawai`i forum https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-435/

The topic of THIS thread is the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, and posts concerning Hawai`i restrictions or general discussion of the Covid-19 virus have been deleted; please refrain from further such.

Thank you.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are the off-property parking options nearby that people use?
Old Nov 19, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Doppy
What are the off-property parking options nearby that people use?
Fort DeRyussy Parking lot?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Hotel reopened as of Dec 15th. Staying at the Grand Waikikian for a week starting tomorrow. I will update as some point.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Have a 5 night stay starting the 27th. Hoping they are still good to me with upgrades. Twice been upgraded to a rainbow tower corner room with a diamind head view and the other time had an ocean view on the other side rainbow tower. All have been 1-2 night stays so hoping the longer stay doesn’t keep me in a crappier room.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I walked by yesterday and it was totally dead. Only the Rainbow and Ali’i towers are open according to a sign I saw and the whole place looked deserted; I saw two people near one of the pools and that was it, the other pools all looked closed. This was mid-afternoon so I would have expected to see some people around.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
I walked by yesterday and it was totally dead. Only the Rainbow and Ali’i towers are open according to a sign I saw and the whole place looked deserted; I saw two people near one of the pools and that was it, the other pools all looked closed. This was mid-afternoon so I would have expected to see some people around.
It appears anyone going over will find the same around "town" while its sad this will take time to bring back vacationers in sufficient numbers to have all the services and restaurants open again. I was there on business right after 911 ( remember that?) it was a ghost town then, with hotel towers closed etc you could have taken a bowling ball tossed it down the street and not hit anyone.

Vacationers will return in time the question will be what will the "new norm" be?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
We walked around the nearly empty village yesterday. Asked about Friday fireworks and were told that they are cancelled due to COVID social distancing requirements.

We intended to have some Lapperts ice cream, but the containers were 1/2 full and looked as if they had been frozen since the hotel closed.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
We walked around the nearly empty village yesterday. Asked about Friday fireworks and were told that they are cancelled due to COVID social distancing requirements.

We intended to have some Lapperts ice cream, but the containers were 1/2 full and looked as if they had been frozen since the hotel closed.
Sorry to hear that its going to take time for this to work itself out. Please keep us posted on your observations, have you walked down to Leeward Street ?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Finkface
Well I guess I don't have to worry about being put in one of the older towers at least. Considering how hard it can be to get a covid test I'm not surprised numbers are way down.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Well I guess I don't have to worry about being put in one of the older towers at least. Considering how hard it can be to get a covid test I'm not surprised numbers are way down.
Not that is the entire reasoning behind the low numbers. Not everybody is ready to jump on a plane to go anywhere right now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.