Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Waikoloa Village
Print Wikipost

Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We've only been there once and did Makai, and we liked it because it was close to the main pool, and especially because there was a dedicated area at the pool just for Makai guests with shaded loungers, which we really want and need, without having to pay for cabanas (these shaded loungers are fc/fs but we always got one). There are additional fluff benefits that were not that important to us.

The Palace Tower is in the middle of the whole place, and while it's not THAT big a deal to walk/tram/boat to a pool, we preferred to have the pool closer.

And yes, full points have no taxes added and they also have the resort fee waived. We booked the lowest Makai mountain/resort view and were upgraded to full OV. Be nice at check-in. I honestly can't recall if we were still Gold or were Diamond by that time.

Breakfast is supposed to be continental but tip well the first day, get the same server, and rules can be ignored.

This was our experience, YMMV.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Smile

Grateful for any guidance I have apparently been reading these threads and the ones for HHV so now Im extra confused about the towers. Have an upcoming convention at the property that seems to give us access to booking at three of the towers including what they refer to as booking hotel 1 Ocean and the other option that is Hotel 2 which would leave us at the Lagoon or Palace tower (not sure we can choose between these. Have read hundreds of posts and not clear on what tower might be best. I have read lots about Oceani being quite a treck and needing to use the tram or boat and quiet but dated? I am diamond and its 8 mos away in June so would like to reserve what might be the nicest/ most convenient. Since the second option is Lagoon/Palace I am guessing its just run of the house rooms so I may have wiggle room to request one or another. I will be traveling with friends who are adults but may be bringing my 8 yo. Thanks for any guidance. Has anyone been to a conference here? See they have a few conference areas and not sure which building we are in. Thank you for any first timer tips. I Last went to the islands 15 years ago and that was maui...most enjoyed the road to Hanna trips and area. So this will be something different.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by dealOCD
Grateful for any guidance.....See they have a few conference areas and not sure which building we are in. ...
This Resort Map may be dated, but will give you the general layout...

http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com.../resortmap.pdf
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:33 pm

Grateful for any guidance I have apparently been reading these threads and the ones for HHV so now Im extra confused about the towers. Have an upcoming convention at the property that seems to give us access to booking at three of the towers including what they refer to as booking hotel 1 Ocean and the other option that is Hotel 2 which would leave us at the Lagoon or Palace tower (not sure we can choose between these. Have read hundreds of posts and not clear on what tower might be best. I have read lots about Oceani being quite a treck and needing to use the tram or boat and quiet but dated? I am diamond and its 8 mos away in June so would like to reserve what might be the nicest/ most convenient. Since the second option is Lagoon/Palace I am guessing its just run of the house rooms so I may have wiggle room to request one or another. I will be traveling with friends who are adults but may be bringing my 8 yo. Thanks for any guidance. Has anyone been to a conference here? See they have a few conference areas and not sure which building we are in. Thank you for any first timer tips. I Last went to the islands 15 years ago and that was maui...most enjoyed the road to Hanna trips and area. So this will be something different.
Glad you found your way. The conference rooms are in the middle. We liked and would recommend to you Makai at Lagoon Tower. Right at the main pool, which is also totally adjacent to the sandy beach kid pool. I believe there is a slide down at the grotto end, but it was closed and under renovation when we were there last year. I gave my synopsis in post #241 above.

I believe the Ocean Tower also has a pool but I know nothing about it. We took the boat ride through the interior of the Ocean Tower just to see it but never stopped.

The Palace Tower, which is in the middle and closest to the conference rooms, I don't believe has their own pool.

While it looks huge you have the boats and tram, and even walking is not that bad. But with a kid I'd prefer to be close to a pool.
dealOCD likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
I am diamond and its 8 mos away in June so would like to reserve what might be the nicest/ most convenient. Since the second option is Lagoon/Palace I am guessing its just run of the house rooms so I may have wiggle room to request one or another. I will be traveling with friends who are adults but may be bringing my 8 yo. .
For next June, I would avoid the Ocean Tower. Construction on the first phase of the Hilton Grand Vacation conversion of the Ocean Tower is wrapping up now, but is due to restart in full swing next year.

Construction will also be noisy for the side of Palace Tower that faces it. I had friends stay in Palace Tower this summer and were annoyed by the noise that traveled to their room every day from Ocean Tower construction. And considering only 1/6th of the construction is done, 2019 and 2020 will be very disruptive and very loud.
dealOCD likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by BOSOGG

Thank you. Any sort of guidance on lagoon or Palace towers?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:44 pm

Thank you. Any sort of guidance on lagoon or Palace towers?
I must be writing in invisible ink again. See ya.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
We've only been there once and did Makai, and we liked it because it was close to the main pool, and especially because there was a dedicated area at the pool just for Makai guests with shaded loungers, which we really want and need, without having to pay for cabanas (these shaded loungers are fc/fs but we always got one). There are additional fluff benefits that were not that important to us.

The Palace Tower is in the middle of the whole place, and while it's not THAT big a deal to walk/tram/boat to a pool, we preferred to have the pool closer.

And yes, full points have no taxes added and they also have the resort fee waived. We booked the lowest Makai mountain/resort view and were upgraded to full OV. Be nice at check-in. I honestly can't recall if we were still Gold or were Diamond by that time.

Breakfast is supposed to be continental but tip well the first day, get the same server, and rules can be ignored.

This was our experience, YMMV.
Originally Posted by BOSOGG

Glad you found your way. The conference rooms are in the middle. We liked and would recommend to you Makai at Lagoon Tower. Right at the main pool, which is also totally adjacent to the sandy beach kid pool. I believe there is a slide down at the grotto end, but it was closed and under renovation when we were there last year. I gave my synopsis in post #241 above.

I believe the Ocean Tower also has a pool but I know nothing about it. We took the boat ride through the interior of the Ocean Tower just to see it but never stopped.

The Palace Tower, which is in the middle and closest to the conference rooms, I don't believe has their own pool.

While it looks huge you have the boats and tram, and even walking is not that bad. But with a kid I'd prefer to be close to a pool.
I must be writing in invisible ink again. See ya.
I appreciate all your responses thanks
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:51 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
As much as I don't care for the Village circus, and I suspect somewhere in the archives I pontificated "never again", with the labor action at the Royal Hawaiian I may make a safety reservation for a weekend in early November, assuming everyone hasn't beat me to the punch.

As I said to Mrs. J., "Thank God we are going to Maui to relax after Honolulu.".
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
It looks like there may be a new Waikoloa Hilton Garden Inn coming in a year or two. While the overall hotel room count continues to fall in Waikoloa Beach with conversion to timeshares at both the Hilton and Marriott properties, there's a new hotel being built "up the hill" in Waikoloa Village as part of a new shopping complex being constructed. While there was a ground breaking ceremony in the spring, construction won't get going 'till early 2019 with completion expected by "no later than Q2 2020" according to someone tied to the project. There's a 150 room hotel being built within this new shopping complex, and the developer said they're considering opening it as a Hilton Garden Inn franchise.

If that happens, it should be a very reasonably priced alternative to the Hilton Waikoloa Village resort and the nearby Hilton Grand Vacation Properties. With no parking charges or resort fees, the rooms will probably be $100/night less than the beach location ...and only be a 12 minute drive away.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
It looks like there may be a new Waikoloa Hilton Garden Inn coming in a year or two. While the overall hotel room count continues to fall in Waikoloa Beach with conversion to timeshares at both the Hilton and Marriott properties, there's a new hotel being built "up the hill" in Waikoloa Village as part of a new shopping complex being constructed. While there was a ground breaking ceremony in the spring, construction won't get going 'till early 2019 with completion expected by "no later than Q2 2020" according to someone tied to the project. There's a 150 room hotel being built within this new shopping complex, and the developer said they're considering opening it as a Hilton Garden Inn franchise.

If that happens, it should be a very reasonably priced alternative to the Hilton Waikoloa Village resort and the nearby Hilton Grand Vacation Properties. With no parking charges or resort fees, the rooms will probably be $100/night less than the beach location ...and only be a 12 minute drive away.
Thank you for this update, that would be a great option to have!

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
FYI: the upgrade from Continental Breakfast to Full Breakfast increass from $8 to $12 on Dec 10, 2018.

My server indicated that it may be a seasonal adjustment... she’s seen it as high as $15.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:26 pm

Just spent 5 nights in Hilton Waikoloa - Palace tower. We found the resort to be just mediocre. While booking it, we thought it would be more upscale and polished but instead found the property to be slightly dated, rooms (palace tower) to be holiday inn level, continental breakfast was near exactly same for 5 days (didn't see any effort to change up things in the 5 days we were there) and the customer service was just about OK.

As a diamond member, we got access to Kohala spa which was nice. Nothing fancy but we loved the spa facilities. Only complaint is that men and women sections are completely split so you can't enjoy the spa with your partner. So in our case this meant being solo.

The self parking rates were increased to $30/day on Jan 1. We checked out on Jan 1 and our receipt shows the older $27/day. Valet parking remains at $37+tip/day.

Trams were infrequent and the boat was completely unreliable. We walked most of the time.

Overall I would rate our stay at 7/10.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by rct12345
Just spent 5 nights in Hilton Waikoloa - Palace tower. We found the resort to be just mediocre. While booking it, we thought it would be more upscale and polished but instead found the property to be slightly dated, rooms (palace tower) to be holiday inn level, continental breakfast was near exactly same for 5 days (didn't see any effort to change up things in the 5 days we were there) and the customer service was just about OK.

As a diamond member, we got access to Kohala spa which was nice. Nothing fancy but we loved the spa facilities. Only complaint is that men and women sections are completely split so you can't enjoy the spa with your partner. So in our case this meant being solo.

The self parking rates were increased to $30/day on Jan 1. We checked out on Jan 1 and our receipt shows the older $27/day. Valet parking remains at $37+tip/day.

Trams were infrequent and the boat was completely unreliable. We walked most of the time.

Overall I would rate our stay at 7/10.
It's a tourist factory. I accepted it for what it was and actually really enjoyed my stays there.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Brekkie, etc for Gold members on a timeshare deal

We will be housed, it looks like, in Ocean Tower. Alas. Not into noise. Hopefully, it is only during the day. Each time we go, the story is different in terms of breakfast. Anyone recently back from a stay as a Gold, please tell me what to expect. We usually really love Waikoloa but have not been there in a while. Has anyone been there for the timeshare promo and gotten into a quieter tower? Does Gold buy you anything? We were recently disappointed in the NY Hilton where, as Gold members, on an award, we did NOT receive free breakfast for the first time ever. Is it time for us to burn our points and move on,,,?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.