Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Waikoloa Village
Print Wikipost

Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Yes, my perference is set to continental breakfast. Years ago, when they had the HH lounge in the Ocean tower, I used to get breakfast in the Palm Terrace. They then closed the lounge and restaurant and started giving the $20 daily coupons. That has been going on for a few years (I'm guessing 13 or so). When I was there in August, they were still giving the coupons. I was never offered the option of Breakfast other than what was already provided in the Promotion. I still received the $20 daily vouchers. A new manager has taken over the property and I believe that he is actually listening the HH members. My guess is that this is his doing. Going as much as I have, I know a few employees (they never seem to leave). I can find out when the change was made and why if people want to know. Personally, I enjoy the morning walk down to Starbucks and could forego the breakfast. I would much prefer the vouchers or complimentary valet parking for Diamonds.

Originally Posted by Portolan
Just to be clear, you had your MyWay benefits set (for Hilton Hotels) to "Continental Breakfast" (in lieu of 1000 bonus points) and that generated the breakfast buffet chits? Or was this a front desk transaction when you arrived?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ksyrah
Being a Gold, you get the choice of breakfast or 1000 bonus points and standard WiFi. Diamonds get premium WiFi and both benefits.
Shouldn't standard WIFI be free if you book it on the Hilton website? How can they offer that as a Gold benefit?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:39 pm

Yup, I was just quoting the HWV website.

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Shouldn't standard WIFI be free if you book it on the Hilton website? How can they offer that as a Gold benefit?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Skymiles Gold, Avis Preferred, Marriott Titanium
Currently in a stay at the HWV. Beautiful resort, so far my favorite.

Our room is a Makai Room in the Lagoon tower, whole stay on points. Resort fee waived as a full points stay. Awesome view from 6th floor room. "reserved" seating and Unlimited towels for Makai guests at the pool in front of the Lagoon tower. and 20% off activities/rentals. Luggage delivery to room was insanely fast. Arrived way early (930a), room wasn't ready, but granted resort access no problem while we waited for room, received text around 1:15, got keys at 1:30, luggage at door by 1:40.

As a Diamond, it says premium WiFi included, however no way to choose premium, just standard portal, no login just an accept/continue button. Not a big deal, even standard WiFi testing 13 down, 5 up on average. Free breakfast buffet included for 2 guests (myself and spouse), no coupons, just provide names at Big Island Breakfast. Asked for late checkout on our checkout day at 3pm and was granted easily.

Parking is OK, lot is 25, valet is 30 if you have a car and need it. By far one of the nicest features here that some hotels have is you can text any requests and you get a very quick response.

Here till Monday, hope it stays the same!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum
Hey all,
I just got back from my stay there and here are some notes I had that I thought would help people out:

And lastly here is the handout they give you about Diamond benefits. I can upload the other pamphlets they hand out if everyone wants me to.
                      Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by grd787
                      Hey all,
                      I just got back from my stay there and here are some notes I had that I thought would help people out:

And lastly here is the handout they give you about Diamond benefits. I can upload the other pamphlets they hand out if everyone wants me to.
                                          Thanks for your information. I am staying at HWV for 3 nights next march. I am glad they changed the Diamond benefit to real daily breakfast from $20 voucher.

You mentioned they "try" to upgrade you, but did you get the upgrade eventually? I booked a "partial ocean view" room using points... wondering what's the chance of upgrade for Diamond member.

Lastly, I can still get all Diamond benefits even if I book the entire 3-night stay using points, right?
                                          Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:47 pm

Upgrades

It really depends on the time you are visiting. Don't expect much of a chance during Spring Break. You have a better chance getting an upgrade to the front of the Ocean tower than getting a suite. The partial ocean view rooms are actually pretty nice. The palace tower rooms were recently updated. If you want a nicer room, try to go there. The Ocean hasn't been updated yet because they are moving (albeit slowly) to convert the building to time shares.

Yes, you will get all Diamond benefits using points including the added benefit of not having to pay the daily resort fee. (At least that was the policy). A diamond paying will have to pay the daily fee.

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
                                          Thanks for your information. I am staying at HWV for 3 nights next march. I am glad they changed the Diamond benefit to real daily breakfast from $20 voucher.

You mentioned they "try" to upgrade you, but did you get the upgrade eventually? I booked a "partial ocean view" room using points... wondering what's the chance of upgrade for Diamond member.

Lastly, I can still get all Diamond benefits even if I book the entire 3-night stay using points, right?
                                          Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by ksyrah
                                          It really depends on the time you are visiting. Don't expect much of a chance during Spring Break. You have a better chance getting an upgrade to the front of the Ocean tower than getting a suite. The partial ocean view rooms are actually pretty nice. The palace tower rooms were recently updated. If you want a nicer room, try to go there. The Ocean hasn't been updated yet because they are moving (albeit slowly) to convert the building to time shares.

Yes, you will get all Diamond benefits using points including the added benefit of not having to pay the daily resort fee. (At least that was the policy). A diamond paying will have to pay the daily fee.
                                          Is the waived resort fee on point award stay a benefit of diamond (or anyone who book a stay using entirely points will get the resort fee waived)???

also, i will be visiting on the first sunday of march for three nights until wednesday. so that's definitely outside of spring break period and outside the busier weekend days.... wondering how likely i would get an upgrade (the best room that can be booked using 50000 points would be the partial ocean view that i booked).

also, my return flight will be a redeye from KOA after 10pm. so will we still be able to use resort facility after we check out (hopefully 4pm checkout for diamond?)? I hope to take a shower before going to airport!
                                          Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
                                          Is the waived resort fee on point award stay a benefit of diamond (or anyone who book a stay using entirely points will get the resort fee waived)???
                                          The resort fee is waived for everyone who books with points. It's not tied to status.
                                          Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
                                          wondering how likely i would get an upgrade (the best room that can be booked using 50000 points would be the partial ocean view that i booked).
                                          I've had several stays as a Diamond and as a gold and have generally been upgraded at least one, and sometimes more than one room category over what was booked. I've always booked either with points, or with cash to the lowest room category.

also, my return flight will be a redeye from KOA after 10pm. so will we still be able to use resort facility after we check out (hopefully 4pm checkout for diamond?)? I hope to take a shower before going to airport!
                                          Golds and Diamonds get free use of the Kohala Spa. On previous stays they've allowed us to use the spa after checking out of the room for showering, etc. The spa is open until 8:00 pm.
                                          Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
                                          I've had several stays as a Diamond and as a gold and have generally been upgraded at least one, and sometimes more than one room category over what was booked. I've always booked either with points, or with cash to the lowest room category.

Golds and Diamonds get free use of the Kohala Spa. On previous stays they've allowed us to use the spa after checking out of the room for showering, etc. The spa is open until 8:00 pm.
                                          It's great to know that we can still use shower after we check out and before we go to airport for our redeye flight.

further question: what counts as "free use of Kohala Spa" (regardless of checking out)..?? Can you only use locker, shower, etc? Or do you also get free message or other usual spa services?

Are there going to be long line waiting for shower at 6 pm or 7pm-ish?
                                          Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by linsj
                                          The resort fee is waived for everyone who books with points. It's not tied to status.
                                          The fee is also waived with Citi HHonors credit card free night passes and points + money bookings. Or at least it was on our booking.
                                          Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:36 am

further question: what counts as "free use of Kohala Spa" (regardless of checking out)..?? Can you only use locker, shower, etc? Or do you also get free message or other usual spa services?

Are there going to be long line waiting for shower at 6 pm or 7pm-ish?
                                          You get to use the showers, lockers, steam room, hot tub, and fitness center rooms for free. Spa treatments are an additional charge.

As to wait times for early March I don't have direct experience. However, for the many times I've used the Kohala Spa I've never once had to wait for locker room or shower facilities.

Also, if you have any detailed questions feel free to ask as I'm currently staying at the HWV and will be here for a few more days.
                                          Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
                                          Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
                                          Also, if you have any detailed questions feel free to ask as I'm currently staying at the HWV and will be here for a few more days.
                                          What tower are you in?

What did you book and is that what you ultimately got?

Do you have noisy birds?
                                          Old Nov 5, 2016, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
                                          What tower are you in?

What did you book and is that what you ultimately got?

Do you have noisy birds?
                                          We're in the Palace tower. I booked the cheapest cash room (Ocean tower resort view) and then took the very reasonable points upgrade to Hale Ike Palace tower ocean view. They offered a cash upgrade to Makai Ocean-Side in the Lagoon tower for $30 per night but I didn't bite.

I've stayed in all three towers and Lagoon seems to have the most Mynah bird noise followed by Ocean tower. Palace tower has basically no Mynah noise since there isn't really a large enough space space with enough trees surrounded by the structure as is the case with Ocean and Lagoon. In any event, the birds are really only noisy at dawn and dusk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.