Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Waikoloa Village
Print Wikipost

Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JrcWy
Is the F&B credit applied against the whole bill at the end of the stay (i.e. $15 x # of nights as a total credit on the final bill) or is it applied against actual expenses on a daily basis? I have a 5 night reward stay coming up using the basic 60K Palace Resort View rate. I'm Gold and trying to gauge how useful the status will be from a credit and upgrade standpoint. Thanks.
This mega resort doesn’t really care about status. For the F&B credit it is a daily credit that you lose it if you don’t use it on a daily basis. Good luck getting more than a bagel/ pastrie and coffee for the prices they charge here. It really is shameful compared to how it used to be when I stayed here 10 years ago. Just came from the Grand Hyatt Kauai as a Globalist with club lounge access, no parking or resort charge. This is night and day difference for the worst. The best part is getting to snorkel with the sea turtles and amazing fish.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 7:27 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Resort fee went up from $40 per night to $45 per night. Parking fee went up from $37 per night to $39 per night.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 12:03 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Resort fee went up from $40 per night to $45 per night. Parking fee went up from $37 per night to $39 per night.
Gotta make up for that extra $5 of breakfast credits they have to give you now!
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
This mega resort doesn’t really care about status. For the F&B credit it is a daily credit that you lose it if you don’t use it on a daily basis. Good luck getting more than a bagel/ pastrie and coffee for the prices they charge here. It really is shameful compared to how it used to be when I stayed here 10 years ago. Just came from the Grand Hyatt Kauai as a Globalist with club lounge access, no parking or resort charge. This is night and day difference for the worst. The best part is getting to snorkel with the sea turtles and amazing fish.
I got upgraded here as Diamond earlier in the year and had the F&B credit applied in full to my folio. YMMV.

Comps to Globalist aren't valid either in my opinion, Hyatt doesn't hand out top tier status like Hilton do with the Aspire ergo there will be more Diamonds competing for upgrades etc compared to Hilton.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Nickel and diming is in full effect here. Get ready and watch your bill / charges. While a minor amount, the oatmeal at Nui includes juice / coffee but they will add it as an extra charge of $5.

if you don’t like noise or have trouble sleeping, bring your earplugs for the makai tower. The birds have a nightly disco party throughout the night.

We went to Kings and Kailua for meals instead of waiting and receiving the horrible service at the property.

The spa is only open for services here, no steam/jacuzzi.

You have to request daily housekeeping here and even at that there were 2 days where we came back and the room was not visited. Get ready to call and wait to request more coffee packages and shampoo.

Overall, this place is lacking in so many ways for such a great location and potential. Sad for the HHonors brand. Other properties are so much better
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Of course, HHonors Diamond is night and day away from Hyatt Globalist in USA! However, not much changed from what I remember from ca. 10 years ago. Back then, if you are a Diamond you get a Makai room as an upgrade and the breakfast benefit was $10/day/person room credit. This Spring it was raised to $15 but your bagel is likely to cost more. The bottom line: this hotel is known for giving very little in terms of Elite recognition. So it cannot fall much lower.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
I got upgraded here as Diamond earlier in the year and had the F&B credit applied in full to my folio. YMMV.
Comps to Globalist aren't valid either in my opinion, Hyatt doesn't hand out top tier status like Hilton do with the Aspire ergo there will be more Diamonds competing for upgrades etc compared to Hilton.
Hilton and Marriott (at least in USA) typically have very few suites in their hotels and that is another reason why one rarely gets upgraded. But in some properties with large fraction of higher category rooms (e.g. Hilton Bentley, South Beach), your chances for an upgrade are quite good.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Staying here now, and I’d agree it’s a disappointment. I avoided the resort fee by staying on points. Paid for an upgrade to get a better room. Daily credit evaporates if you’re lucky enough to use it. I was waiting just to get into the Kona Tap Room. Would not recommend this property to any Hilton elite.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 1:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I am looking at the possibility to spend a night on this side of the island, and was considering the Ocean Tower by HGV, I am wondering how's the treatment and benefits for Diamonds and it it's worth the value - its going for about $300 (incld resort fees) for the date I'm looking at?

From the discussion of the Hilton Waikoala Villange in general, it seems it's a place to avoid. If management is the same, looks like it's better I just find another property or a non-Hilton property for this one night.

Cheers!
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I am looking at the possibility to spend a night on this side of the island, and was considering the Ocean Tower by HGV, I am wondering how's the treatment and benefits for Diamonds and it it's worth the value - its going for about $300 (incld resort fees) for the date I'm looking at?

From the discussion of the Hilton Waikoala Villange in general, it seems it's a place to avoid. If management is the same, looks like it's better I just find another property or a non-Hilton property for this one night.

Cheers!
I’d recommend looking for alternatives. They are not a bad property, simply a poor value. For example, once I was finally seated in the Hula bar, I ordered beer and tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole. The salsa and guacamole were good, but they cost $12. Everything is like that on property. The parking is $39 and as far away as they could put it. They don’t want you to leave the property.
nldogbert likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Cheers!
The HGV is a separate property from the Hilton hotel; although, they’re all part of the same complex.

HGV will not give you a food and beverage credit as a Diamond. Consider it to be renting a timeshare.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by DCAhome
Staying here now, and I’d agree it’s a disappointment. I avoided the resort fee by staying on points. Paid for an upgrade to get a better room. Daily credit evaporates if you’re lucky enough to use it. I was waiting just to get into the Kona Tap Room. Would not recommend this property to any Hilton elite.
Thanks for this review. We have a 3 night stay booked in December on points. We have a car, and plan to spend most of the days outside of the hotel exploring the island so lowering our expectations since we have been treated so well in many other locales. What upgrade did you pay for and did you feel it was worth it? I am thinking 60k isnt a bad redemption if the nightly price is over 400.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by worldiswide
Thanks for this review. We have a 3 night stay booked in December on points. We have a car, and plan to spend most of the days outside of the hotel exploring the island so lowering our expectations since we have been treated so well in many other locales. What upgrade did you pay for and did you feel it was worth it? I am thinking 60k isnt a bad redemption if the nightly price is over 400.
I had several e-upgrade offers, and I ended up putting in for the $111/night offer for a Makai room with a lanai. It was nice to walk out to the pools and lagoon, but the view was not as good as the balcony rooms. I'd chalk that up to personal preference. We had used points to book a Palace Tower room with a garden view (i.e., no view). I would do the upgrade again. If nothing else, you're much closer to the parking lot, and there's a back way into the Makai Tower through the spa, which cuts down on the walking from the car to the room. We actually never had to ride the tram to get to our tower.

Also, there was tax in addition to the $111/night charge but they did not add on the resort fee.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Great explanation and persuasive points for doing the e-upgrades. Thanks so much!
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by DCAhome
I had several e-upgrade offers, and I ended up putting in for the $111/night offer for a Makai room with a lanai. It was nice to walk out to the pools and lagoon, but the view was not as good as the balcony rooms. I'd chalk that up to personal preference. We had used points to book a Palace Tower room with a garden view (i.e., no view). I would do the upgrade again. If nothing else, you're much closer to the parking lot, and there's a back way into the Makai Tower through the spa, which cuts down on the walking from the car to the room. We actually never had to ride the tram to get to our tower.

Also, there was tax in addition to the $111/night charge but they did not add on the resort fee.
We had a Makai room with the balcony, and the view was really great (the ocean past the pool), but we had to walk around the whole building to get to the pool, so there are trade-offs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.