Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Waikoloa Village
Print Wikipost

Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by coloradodude
Anyone know what is going on as far as booking with HH points. All next winter and fall and summer it says no rooms available by points.

Thanks in advance
Wayne
I am having the same problem. I looked for 5 night stays from June through to March and there was nothing available. I think their site is having a temporary problem. I have never had problems finding available rooms there.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:21 pm

So I just read someones post about the Ocean Tower no longer being parts of HWV. Maybe that is why there is no availability. If they lost that many rooms, this property may be much more difficult to book with reasonable points.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:17 pm

Even if Ocean tower is gone.. You would think you could book a room on points 6 months out. Still over 600 rooms left. I wonder if they are changing and will no longer be a Hilton Property.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I think it must have been a temporary problem related to dropping the Ocean Tower rooms from inventory. I'm now seeing Palace Tower Resort View rooms show up as standard rewards at 50K/night.

Unfortunately, the premium rooms (Lagoon Tower, Palace Tower Ocean View, etc.) now seem to be offered at absurd point levels (e.g. 100,000+ pts. for Palace Tower Ocean View depending on night). Is this an artifact of the implementation of the new points+money rewards?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:42 am

Has anyone heard any more about ocean tower? I just did a new search for a stay in August and ocean tower rooms are now available where they haven't been at all previously.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, WOH, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Jamie Huth
Has anyone heard any more about ocean tower? I just did a new search for a stay in August and ocean tower rooms are now available where they haven't been at all previously.
Stayed there last week on points.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:42 pm

Do they charge resort fees on award stays? I have never been charged resort fee for award stay (except Las Vegas, of course), so I guess the answer is no?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by bbs_ghost
Do they charge resort fees on award stays? I have never been charged resort fee for award stay (except Las Vegas, of course), so I guess the answer is no?
Last I stayed there on points they did not charge the resort fee but they did charge for parking. This was over 5 years ago though so hopefully someone who has stayed more recently will chime in.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by bbs_ghost
I stayed last week for 5 nights on points and was not charged a resort fee.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Executive Platinum
I stayed last year on points and was not charged a resort fee.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Hilton's policy is no resort fees on award stays.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Friends at this hotel confirmed with me that on Oct 1 2017 the Ocean Tower will close and start a transformation into timeshares. This is the new date after the May date was pushed back.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Hilton's policy is no resort fees on award stays.
However, resort fees will apply to Points & Money bookings.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by little_dc
Friends at this hotel confirmed with me that on Oct 1 2017 the Ocean Tower will close and start a transformation into timeshares. This is the new date after the May date was pushed back.
Odd that they wouldn't wait until after Iron Man when so many rooms are needed.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Can't book award or paid reservation past 3/25/18

Has anyone else noticed that you can't book a room, award or paid, past 3/25/18? I fully understand that new inventory only becomes available about one year out, but: 1) other Hilton's are bookable past that date, and 2) the HWV has been stuck on that last booking date for a few weeks.

I hope that this is not a bad sign regarding the HWV sticking with Hilton past 3/25/18!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.