Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in/near Charlotte, North Carolina, USA {US-NC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in/near Charlotte, North Carolina, USA {US-NC}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2001, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in/near Charlotte, North Carolina, USA {US-NC}

As a HH Gold, I will be travelling more frequently to the uptown Charlotte area. I've stayed a few times at the Hilton Towers (where I was given an 'ok' room on the club floor. I noticed they recently opened a Garden Hilton nearby, does anyone have any comments about that property?? I'll be there in CLT in early March for a week and thought I'd 'break-up' my stays to gain more points by switching between those two (or the Starwood 4 Points-I'm Platinum there).
I've never stayed at a Hilton Gardens, so I'm not sure what to expect.
Old Feb 21, 2001, 9:06 am

mauld, I can tell you that it's not a conversion of an old property, it's a brand new building (it just opened Jan. 25).

According to the Business Journal of Charlotte, the Hilton Garden will offer room service, hot breakfast buffets and valet service.

There's some more coverage at the Business Journal web site:
http://charlotte.bcentral.com/charlo...19/focus5.html
Old Feb 21, 2001, 10:17 am

Location: Vancouver - UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed at the HGI that was about 10 mins north of downtown Charlotte. Nice place, good rates and not to bad of a drive from downtown. I would recommend it and plan to stay there again in two weeks.
Old Feb 21, 2001, 11:37 am

I haven't stayed at or seen the new Garden Inn, but have stayed at the North location which is fairly new. It is on Harris Blvd between I-85 and I-77. It was very nice, except the "indoor-outdoor" pool didn't have the separation in place for the winter and therefore wasn't usable when I was there in January. They do have very nice rooms with Jacuzzi's in the room available. There is also a new Homewood Suites I will be staying at this weekend, near the coliseum, almost next to the Embassy Suites. Hope this helps.
Cindi
Old Jul 26, 2001, 9:51 am

Charlotte Hotels - BEST DEAL???

I have a trip planned Aug. 3-5.

Somebody give me an idea of a good hotel (location, amenities, room quality) ... with good weekend rate and other FF perks.

Regards,

The Pickle

------------------
Old Jul 26, 2001, 10:16 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The Park Hotel

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/000978.html
Old Jul 27, 2001, 9:46 pm

Wow this is tough, there are a LOT of good Hilton properties in Charlotte. I live about 90 miles away so, it is a frequent weekend getaway, and usually find great rates. There is a couple of brand new Hilton Garden Inns that are fabulous, great business centers, FREE laundry, etc, one downtown, one on the northside between 85 and 77 on Harriss Blvd. The one on the northside I have seen as low as $59 a night on the weekend ($69 with in-room jacuzzi)
The Embassy Suites is nice, sometimes get a weekend rate around $99, and it is just off 77 South in the coliseum area. Not as nice as the ES in Durham (one of my favs)but pretty good. Homewood Suites between the airport area and the Coliseum, very new, nice property, very professional staff. Got the "gold touch" Homewood Truffles in the room.
Have never stayed in the 2 Hiltons, as I always seem to get a better deal elsewhere, but have driven by both of them and they look nice. So too many choices here, better to know what you want to be near: Downtown? Coliseum? Concord Mills Mall? Race Track?
Cindi
Old Jul 28, 2001, 11:21 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Can't help you on room rates, but will try on the others.

Hilton (Downtown Charlotte). Formerly an Omni and a Westin - it's a very nice hotel, with a good Club Lounge, and good sized rooms (even though I live in CLT - had to stay there during last year's post-winter storm blackouts). If you have business in the Center City, it's the one since it is connected to the Overstreet Mall (or as some put it, the Habitrail).

Hilton (University). Just opened up a new tower there. It's right in the heart of a commercial area by a little lake. Have heard good things about it - and understand they're more wont to have special rates - of course, doubt you'll find them around UNC Charlotte's graduation or freshman orientation.

There are also a couple of Hilton Garden Inns both north and south of the city, as well as one smack dab in Downtown near the Convention Center (shares a parking garage with a new Hampton (both properties opened around the same time)). They seem to be the same as every other HGI out there.

Embassy Suites is off of 77 and very close to the airport. Nice, typical ES - nothing stunning.

They also have a Hilton on Tyvola Rd. at 77 - just one exit down from the ES.

SO, it really depends on what you're doing and where you want to be. Also, if you're arriving Friday - just be aware of rush hour traffic here that could impede your progress to the Hilton at University, if you're heading North, and to the ES or the Hilton at Tyvola, if you're heading South.

Enjoy your trip to the Queen City.
Old Jul 30, 2001, 8:27 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
The most bang for the buck is definitely the Homewood Suites over by the Coliseum ... I'd highly recommend it.
Old Sep 3, 2001, 8:17 pm
CMW

Too late for your August trip but just got this on e-mail in case anyone is in Charlotte in September.

AAA Rates in Charlotte, North Carolina
Enjoy a rate of $119 per night or $99 per night any day from August 1 through September 30, 2001 for your summer travel to the Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte. Rates subject to availability and black out dates August 3 - 6, 2001, apply. Call and book promotion code AA1 or AA2 by calling 1-800-EMBASSY or 704-527-8400

Old Aug 12, 2002, 3:51 pm

Charlotte Hiltons

Passing through on Friday.
Would like to try using my GOLD to get upgraded.

Have my wife and two kids with me.
Several Hilton choices in Charlotte area.
What would you recommend I shoot for?

Thanks...
Old Aug 12, 2002, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I've only stayed at teh Executive Park property. Nothing too special, but not bad either. In my opinion, the Hilton's in Charlotte aren't noteworthy, but solid properties. The one on Harris Blvd. is a decent location...centrally located close to I77 and I85. There is a new GI right off of I77 also on Harris Blvd, but if you're going to choose that one I'd opt for the aforementioned one (also known as University Hilton I believe).
Old Aug 12, 2002, 5:27 pm

I live in Charlotte, so I have not stayed at many of the Hilton properties. However, I can offer some suggestions based on location. It all depends on what you want location/price. The Hilton Towers downtown is supposed to be nice and on a Friday night you should be able to get a good rate as the business travelers will be gone. If you want to stay by the airport there is a Hilton and an Embassy Suites. A colleague of mine stayed at the ES and was pleased. If you want to stayed near SouthPark where there is a lot of shopping there is a Hampton Inn and DoubleTree. The DoubleTree just bought the SouthPark Suites (supposed to be very nice; internet rate of $71 and all suite rooms).
Old Aug 12, 2002, 7:13 pm

We spend the weekend in Charlotte fairly often. The Embassy Suites in the Coliseum Area is my favorite, next to that probably the Hilton Garden Inn downtown, a very new property. The Homewood Suites between the Airport and the Coliseum, is very clean and has pretty large rooms. Have also stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on Harris Blvd, nice, but not quite as nice as the one downtown.
Cindi
Old Aug 12, 2002, 8:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
On the Charlotte University Hilton, you will find that the service is rather lackluster (and has been for the past 4 years at least). The front desk will be understaffed no matter what time you arrive. When I was there three weeks ago, the front desk person told me that the hotel currently was without a Concierge. The Executive Lounge was without food and drink for the two days (mid-week) that I was there....probably because no Concierge. The property is nice and well located, but service is questionable. I am Hilton Diamond by the way and was upgraded to a regular room on the top floor. No suite, in fact, they couldn't even get me a King bed. Had to settle for two doubles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.