Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Francisco Union Square {US-CA}

Hilton San Francisco Union Square {US-CA}

Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
No, only voucher's for breakfast.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Chang11
No, only voucher's for breakfast.
...and even the continental is about the best I've exeprienced at any HH property. Much better than the old EL.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
Arrow Hilton San Francisco Union Square 2015 ->

The hotel will be undergoing a lobby redesign starting July 13th, 2015. We appreciate your patience as we improve the hotel with minimal disruption to service. From July 13th, 2015 until October 2nd, 2015, Urban Tavern Restaurant will be relocated to Cityscape on the 46th floor and Starbucks Coffee will be replaced by illy caffč.
Im visiting SF for the first time and booked at this property during the period mentioned above with the family.

Anyone know how disruptive the renovation work is? If its major, I really wouldn't want the disturbance of noise, workers everywhere, smell of paint, especially since we have an infant with us.

I contemplating booking elsewhere.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:48 am

Unless you're sleeping in the lobby, it shouldn't affect your stay at all.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by smmrfld
lol

And in event, it's hard to imagine the lobby any more chaotic than it already is
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I assume this means the lobby of the main building (which is about 55 years old, BTW).

If so, specifying a high floor in one of the two towers along Taylor Street should get you and your family out of the way of the construction activity.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
I assume this means the lobby of the main building (which is about 55 years old, BTW).

If so, specifying a high floor in one of the two towers along Taylor Street should get you and your family out of the way of the construction activity.
The lobby of the original building (Tower 3) disappeared several years ago and is now meeting space. The main lobby is in Tower 2, which is the newest of the three buildings. If your room is in Tower 1 or Tower 3, you may be able to avoid construction by using one of the side entrances or the parking garage. Tower 2 elevators are in one corner of the lobby, so likely won't be an issue there either. Should be a non-issue.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
You'd be surprised. I saw several people laying on the floor sleeping all over the lobby at all hours of the day during a stay at this property.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887
You'd be surprised. I saw several people laying on the floor sleeping all over the lobby at all hours of the day during a stay at this property.
You're right...I would be very surprised. I stay at this property quite frequently and have never seen anyone "laying on the floor sleeping all over the lobby at all hours of the day".
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
You're right...I would be very surprised. I stay at this property quite frequently and have never seen anyone "laying on the floor sleeping all over the lobby at all hours of the day".
You must not be visiting the lobby often then. It is especially bad in the mornings as people wait for their rooms. I almost accidentally ran over a sleeping guest on the floor by the chairs in the middle of the lobby with my suitcase as I was dodging others.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:27 am

Just had a stay here. The lobby is still under construction but everything is boarded up and I didn't hear any extra noise. Check in was very fast and the check in person gave us extra breakfast coupons for our kid. ^

The self parking is $47 per night which is probably the highest I had ever paid in the US. I believe the other garages around in the area are charging around $25. Since I had a short stay I just parked at the hotel's garage.

The room is nice and with a great view. I think we were upgraded to a better view room at Tower 1 on the 27th floor. I wish the double beds were queen size beds instead of the full size beds. The room is definitely plenty big enough for 2 queen beds if they change out the sofa to a love seat. The breakfast at the 46th floor is good and with an amazing view of the city.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Need
The breakfast at the 46th floor is good and with an amazing view of the city.
When did they re-open the lounge? (I believe it turned into function space many years ago; I've only gotten coupons for the lobby restaurant or *$.)
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:49 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by sethb
When did they re-open the lounge? (I believe it turned into function space many years ago; I've only gotten coupons for the lobby restaurant or *$.)
There is a disclaimer on the hotel's site that they have relocated the "restaurant" to the 46th floor during construction. While I don't know for sure what you're referencing my guess is that is what the post was regarding.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
There is a disclaimer on the hotel's site that they have relocated the "restaurant" to the 46th floor during construction. While I don't know for sure what you're referencing my guess is that is what the post was regarding.
I just saw that. It looks like they moved it during construction, which they plan to finish before my next stay there.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm there now. I was "upgraded" to an "urban contemporary" room, which is apparently Hiltonese for "very tiny room with one, count it, dresser drawer".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.