Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

LINKS for Hilton Honors Hotels in Portugal {PRT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
The hotel name contains a link to the hotel webpage.

Hilton Honors Hotels in Portugal

All hotels within "Portugal" sorted by city/town then by distance.

FARO, PORTUGAL
LISBON, PORTUGAL
PORTO, PORTUGAL

Former properties

Housekeeping

Most recently reviewed Hilton.com on 30DEC19.
Print Wikipost

LINKS for Hilton Honors Hotels in Portugal {PRT}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:45 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow LINKS for Hilton Honors Hotels in Portugal {PRT}

LINKS for Hilton Honors Hotels Worldwide + LINKS for Hilton Honors Hotels - bugs, suggestions & questions
DISCUSSION for Portugal

Your assistance in maintaining the wiki is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Sep 29, 2018 at 1:04 pm
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Reserved for backup copy for those unable to view wiki.
===================================
The hotel name contains a link to the hotel webpage.

Hilton Honors Hotels in Portugal

All hotels within "Portugal" sorted by city/town then by distance.

FARO, PORTUGAL
LISBON, PORTUGAL
PORTO, PORTUGAL

Former properties

Housekeeping

Most recently reviewed Hilton.com on 30DEC19.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 25, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Old Dec 3, 2020, 5:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Three more Hiltons to open in Portugal.

Hilton Porto Gaia
Not listed online yet, but due to open "Summer 2021", located in Vila Nova de Gaia, which is the part of Porto on the southern side of the Douro where the Port cellars are located. It's a new build and I think it's next to a museum for one of the port houses, Real Companhia Velha. So it's going to be a strenuos mile or two to get to the main attractions of Porto itself over on the north bank. Many good restaurants are near the hotel. Here is the corportate guff:

Originally Posted by Hilton Newsroom
Following a franchise agreement with Sabersal – Promocăo Turística e Imobiliária, S.A., Hilton Porto Gaia will become the second Hilton Hotels & Resorts property in Portugal, joining Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort and Spa. Located at Rua de Serpa Pinto 87, 4400-307 Vila Nova de Gaia, this 194-room property will be set amidst the area’s renowned and historic port wine cellars. Amenities include one restaurant, a lobby bar and a destination bar with panoramic views of Porto’s historic centre and the Douro River, as well as a 912sqm modern spa offering an indoor pool with dynamic water jets, sauna, Turkish bath, four treatment rooms and a gym, among other features. The hotel will also offer extensive event space, with a 356-seat auditorium and 1,688sqm of meeting space, including a 735sqm ballroom. Perfect either for business or leisure travellers, the hotel is expected to open in summer 2021.
The other two hotels are for 2022 and 2023, namely DoubleTree by Hilton Lagoa Azores and Legacy Hotel Cascais, Curio Collection by Hilton, respectively. The Azores DT is on Săo Miguel island, so good for those using the cheap transatlantic services that run from Ponto Delgado airport. PDL airport is 2,400 miles from BOS so it can use shorthaul aircaft more easily. Cascais is a coastal suburb of Lisbon at the mouth of the Tagus.

The press release also mentions the previously announced opening of another Curio due to open in Lisbon in Summer 2021, namely The Emerald House Lisbon, to give 8 properties in Portugal, eventually. The Emerald House is also not yet available for booking.

Source:
https://newsroom.hilton.com/corporat...ls-in-portugal
Old Jun 26, 2021, 4:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Does anyone know when the Hilton Porto is taking bookings please, seeing as it opens in July?

Has anyone stayed at the Boeira Garden Hotel Porto Gaia, Curio Collection by Hilton before?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
...The other two hotels are for 2022 and 2023, namely DoubleTree by Hilton Lagoa Azores...
Oooh, I hope this property is still in their plans and expected to open in 2022. Having searched on Google, I can't find anything suggesting it's not, but Covid has obviously messed up a lot of new hotel plans and openings.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by MrLee
Does anyone know when the Hilton Porto is taking bookings please, seeing as it opens in July?

Has anyone stayed at the Boeira Garden Hotel Porto Gaia, Curio Collection by Hilton before?
The Hilton Porto Gaia is taking bookings from September/October onwards (I might try it in October as a stopover to Madeira). They also have executive rooms (they mention an executive lounge on their website which seems like a nice surprise).

From this weekend on I will be at Boeira Garden for 6 nights as a Diamond member, will post a quick report.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by MrLee

Stayed there last week. Very nice hotel in a lovely setting.

Diamond recognition wasn’t great. No upgrade (although I didn’t push this and the upgrade would’ve been to a suite, a €300 a night jump). Chocolates and half bottle of Port in the room. Breakfast is in the main restaurant - there is a cook to order menu that, at the very least, has omelettes - we only found out about it on the last day. Gym and pool are lovely.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by sigma421
Stayed there last week. Very nice hotel in a lovely setting.

Diamond recognition wasn’t great. No upgrade (although I didn’t push this and the upgrade would’ve been to a suite, a €300 a night jump). Chocolates and half bottle of Port in the room. Breakfast is in the main restaurant - there is a cook to order menu that, at the very least, has omelettes - we only found out about it on the last day. Gym and pool are lovely.
I am hoping to get at least a larger room with a terrace, even though a suite is always nice on longer stays :-)
Will report how our stay was.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Delectatio
I am hoping to get at least a larger room with a terrace, even though a suite is always nice on longer stays :-)
Will report how our stay was.
Hi there, any update? Will be staying here for a few nights in November.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by benwoohoo
Hi there, any update? Will be staying here for a few nights in November.
We stayed for 6 nights at the Boeira Garden and we enjoyed it, even though everything was far from perfect...
As a Diamond member we received a 1 cat upgrade to a room with a balcony (that was normally 5€ per night extra, so not that much of 'an upgrade' if you ask me).
We didn't push it, even though there were suites available and Mariana from the reception was adorable!
After entering the room, they brought up a small bottle of (nice) port and chocolates, very much appreciated.
The room itself was really nice and had a nice view over the garden and swimming pool, the bathroom on the other hand we found very basic (very poorly finished, cheap floor tiles, no wall tiles in the toilet, I don't think white painted walls in a toilet is a good idea). The toilet also has a separate door but it moves the wrong way so the entrance to the bathroom is blocked if you leave the door open, poor design and it gets annoying after a few days, especially when you want to use the toilet in the middle of the night.
We didn't like the toiletries, for a 5* hotel we expect something that smells really nice, I realize this is very subjective but the toiletries smelled like the kind of toiletries that you find in a dispenser in a 3* hotel.
There is a dolce gusto coffee maker in the machine and it was awful, if you wanted to make a cup of coffee in the morning you had to hold the cup until it was filled up or it would vibrate, move away and fall on the floor, very annoying.

Breakfast was a daily stressful experience, the offerings were good (plenty of choices) but they need a good manager there, there is absolutely no structure. Because of Covid the buffet gets served to you by the staff, most of them are wonderful people but their English skills are so bad that it becomes annoying after a while. Even communicating simple things like 'one piece', '2 slices', 'pancake' or 'strawberry jam' were a struggle. My partner ordered a cappuccino every day and it literally took every day at least 20min (not kidding) to get it! Getting an orange juice fill up or an extra coffee was also a real struggle. I literally had to try and explain them every day (!) what 'sweetener' is (they only give you white sugar when you get your coffee). We also ordered fried eggs on the first morning but it took 30min (after asking another 2 times) to get them. We gave up after that...

The garden and outdoor pool are really nice but there are only about 10-12 loungers, the hotel was quiet full during our stay so by late afternoon (when everyone was back from sightseeing) everybody was lying on the grass on a towel, sorry but this is not very 5*, they must add more loungers because there is space enough. If you want to eat something by the pool all the tables are in full sun, without any umbrellas available...

The public spaces (especially the indoor bar and lobby) are not cozy, the lobby feels a bit like a hospital entrance with white bright lights, low ceilings and plastic plants on the wall, a missed chance especially for a new build 5* hotel.
The area of the hotel we liked, very quiet but still close enough to all the action, an Uber to/from town was also only about 5€ but we mostly walked, to/from the airport an Uber was 15€.

We paid very little for our stay (83€ per room/night) so we still considered it very good value, but if we would have paid 'full price' (160€+ was the going rate during our stay) we would have complained more.

We didn't checkout the indoor pool/spa because we had great weather all week.

We had a lovely holiday and Porto is an amazing city!

Last edited by Delectatio; Sep 3, 2021 at 2:04 am
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:59 am

We stayed for 6 nights at the Boeira Garden and we enjoyed it, even though everything was far from perfect...
As a Diamond member we received a 1 cat upgrade to a room with a balcony (that was normally 5€ per night extra, so not that much of 'an upgrade' if you ask me).
We didn't push it, even though there were suites available and Mariana from the reception was adorable!
After entering the room, they brought up a small bottle of (nice) port and chocolates, very much appreciated.
The room itself was really nice and had a nice view over the garden and swimming pool, the bathroom on the other hand we found very basic (very poorly finished, cheap floor tiles, no wall tiles in the toilet, I don't think white painted walls in a toilet is a good idea). The toilet also has a separate door but it moves the wrong way so the entrance to the bathroom is blocked if you leave the door open, poor design and it gets annoying after a few days, especially when you want to use the toilet in the middle of the night.
We didn't like the toiletries, for a 5* hotel we expect something that smells really nice, I realize this is very subjective but the toiletries smelled like the kind of toiletries that you find in a dispenser in a 3* hotel.
There is a dolce gusto coffee maker in the machine and it was awful, if you wanted to make a cup of coffee in the morning you had to hold the cup until it was filled up or it would vibrate, move away and fall on the floor, very annoying.

Breakfast was a daily stressful experience, the offerings were good (plenty of choices) but they need a good manager there, there is absolutely no structure. Because of Covid the buffet gets served to you by the staff, most of them are wonderful people but their English skills are so bad that it becomes annoying after a while. Even communicating simple things like 'one piece', '2 slices', 'pancake' or 'strawberry jam' were a struggle. My partner ordered a cappuccino every day and it literally took every day at least 20min (not kidding) to get it! Getting an orange juice fill up or an extra coffee was also a real struggle. I literally had to try and explain them every day (!) what 'sweetener' is (they only give you white sugar when you get your coffee). We also ordered fried eggs on the first morning but it took 30min (after asking another 2 times) to get them. We gave up after that...

The garden and outdoor pool are really nice but there are only about 10-12 loungers, the hotel was quiet full during our stay so by late afternoon (when everyone was back from sightseeing) everybody was lying on the grass on a towel, sorry but this is not very 5*, they must add more loungers because there is space enough. If you want to eat something by the pool all the tables are in full sun, without any umbrellas available...

The public spaces (especially the indoor bar and lobby) are not cozy, the lobby feels a bit like a hospital entrance with white bright lights, low ceilings and plastic plants on the wall, a missed chance especially for a new build 5* hotel.
The area of the hotel we liked, very quiet but still close enough to all the action, an Uber to/from town was also only about 5€ but we mostly walked, to/from the airport an Uber was 15€.

We paid very little for our stay (83€ per room/night) so we still considered it very good value, but if we would have paid 'full price' (160€+ was the going rate during our stay) we would have complained more.

Thanks for the review. I am able to get a rate of about 95 euros per night, but I might spring for the Hilton Porto Gaia instead. There are no reviews or pictures of the rooms (aside from the beds) online yet so it might be a fun adventure..
Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by benwoohoo
Thanks for the review. I am able to get a rate of about 95 euros per night, but I might spring for the Hilton Porto Gaia instead. There are no reviews or pictures of the rooms (aside from the beds) online yet so it might be a fun adventure..
We would stay at the Boeira Garden again in summer and if the price is right, mostly for the pool and gardens. But if you go in november the outdoor pool is of no use (and the new Hilton will also have an indoor pool and Spa). The Hilton will also have an executive lounge. We walked past the Hilton a few times (the location is perfect) while they were finishing it, it looks like it will be a nice hotel. Trying it out would be a good reason for us to go back to Porto :-) On the app there are a few photos of the hotel and rooms btw.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC

​​​Hi Delectatio
How were you able to get such a low rate? I am planning for a 3 night stay end of this year all I see on Hilton website is ~$150 euros per night. Thanks.

Edit: Found a Hilton discount code "PROSYS" for additional 25% off in selected Hilton hotels in Portugal/Spain, worked on Boeira Garden but still no way near $100 per night.

Last edited by zoneflyer; Sep 23, 2021 at 9:11 pm
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by zoneflyer
​​​Hi Delectatio
How were you able to get such a low rate? I am planning for a 3 night stay end of this year all I see on Hilton website is ~$150 euros per night. Thanks.

Edit: Found a Hilton discount code "PROSYS" for additional 25% off in selected Hilton hotels in Portugal/Spain, worked on Boeira Garden but still no way near $100 per night.
We booked our stay months ahead, when Portugal was in semi-lockdown so I guess demand was pretty low at the time of booking... Prices went up very quickly when everything started to open up again.
I see many nights for about 100€ though in December...
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
We booked our stay months ahead, when Portugal was in semi-lockdown so I guess demand was pretty low at the time of booking... Prices went up very quickly when everything started to open up again.
I see many nights for about 100€ though in December...
Make sense, we are staying last few days and New Year’s Eve of Dec so prices will be a bit higher. I was able to use the discount code and bring it closer to the price of the new Hilton. Thanks for the review, looking forward for our stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.