Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2000, 6:25 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Sep 15, 2007 at 2:29 am
Old Sep 17, 2000, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1k 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Premier Platinum
ED,

Stayed at the Greenpark Hilton using HHonors points this July and was very disapointed.
Small, tired rooms. Service was fair. IMO not up to Hilton standards. Central London location is nice though.

Also stayed at the Heathrow Hilton with points. Much nicer.

[This message has been edited by PDX1K (edited 09-17-2000).]
Old Sep 18, 2000, 3:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat AA, Starwood Plat 100, Hilton Diamond
You should try the London Hilton Mews.....right behind the monstrously big London Hilton........the Mews is a small townhouse type hotel....nice cozy feel, decent room.....and location can't be beat, at lower rates than the London Hilton....I also believe you can use the restaurants and athletic facilities in the big Hotel.....and charge to your room, etc.
Old Sep 19, 2000, 7:26 am

Originally posted by Jim90068:
You should try the London Hilton Mews...at lower rates than the London Hilton....I also believe you can use the restaurants and athletic facilities in the big Hotel.....and charge to your room, etc.
Mews is not always cheaper than the big Hilton. Check carefully. (Although Ed said he was staying on an award.)

[This message has been edited by Kitty Hawk (edited 09-19-2000).]
Old Sep 20, 2000, 12:41 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat AA, Starwood Plat 100, Hilton Diamond
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kitty Hawk:
[B] Mews is not always cheaper than the big Hilton. Check carefully. (Although Ed said he was staying on an award.)

Please take no offense Kitty, but I don't think you're remotely correct. When I was booking my room this trip in early October, the quote rates for the London Hilton for a room were 299GBP - 399GBP, and rooms at the Mews were 157GBP - 210 GBP.

The same rate disparity existed when I stayed at the Mews last April and May. Additionally, both of those times I was upgraded at the Mews to a suite, even at the lowest paid rate.

Old Sep 20, 2000, 1:17 pm

No offense taken. Everyone's experience is different.

Sometimes the Hilton is cheaper than the Mews. Not often. Particularly on summer weekends, when the Mews fills up, and the big Hilton doesn't.

Two months or so ago, a double room was going at the big Hilton for Ł96 and at the Mews for Ł119. A small but significant difference.

(edited for typos)

[This message has been edited by Kitty Hawk (edited 09-20-2000).]
Old Sep 20, 2000, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Just to add my two cents worth, The islington is very nice and often overlooked, its a bit more bohemian than any other hilton i have known. very malmaison (www.malmaison.com)

jon
Old Sep 21, 2000, 3:00 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
I used points last year to stay at the Langham Hilton (near Oxford Street) last year when I was a Diamond member-- Great service, My wife and I had a suite, flowers, tea, chocolates in the room at check in. This year going we try the Green Park Hilton in the Mayfair section--
Old Sep 25, 2000, 1:03 pm

I've just noticed on the Hilton weekly specials that the Hilton Conrad Int'l Hotel in London has a Global Value Rate at $343/night for September 27-28. They call it a SPECIAL rate?! What are the regular rates then? $500/night? Has anybody stayed at that hotel? Is it worth the money?
Old Sep 25, 2000, 2:21 pm
Original Member

I just booked a stay at the Kensignton for Mid november. It's a great rate, 75.23GBP.
Old Sep 28, 2000, 5:49 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
RMINIONE, over Thanksgiving week, my wife and I will be at the Green Park Hilton; I am Gold. It would be interesting to compare our experiences.
Old Sep 28, 2000, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The Conrad is a very nice property, though certainly out of the way from just about everything in London, unless you take the water taxi. It is modern and set amid a harbour redevelopment along the Thames near the old Battersea power plant which has now become a major recreation centre for the city. (Randy used to stay there, may still, when he set up the InsideFlyer European office a few years back.) Each room is a suite, of course. However, I would select the Langham over the Conrad for both location and old English artistocratic ambiance. It is also more central, just off Oxford and Regent streets, and across from the BBC Radio headquarters. Both are at the top end rate wise. But for children, both have disadvantages, and I'd stick with the less swish Kensington. I agree that the Mews is also a very nice property, tiny in scale compared to most of these other properties, and set off the main flow of London traffic. It would be a second choice with kids in tow, with a fine mews and set of lanes running back into Mayfair.

By the way, I wonder where Ed and his family ended up back in May?

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 09-28-2000).]
Old Oct 1, 2000, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, HH Diamond
I noticed that the St. Ermins hasn't been mentioned. Is that because it's not so great, or just that it's a relatively new Hilton property and hasn't been thought of? We have reservations there for 5 nights in November - any feedback on this hotel before it's too late?
Old Oct 4, 2000, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Question for those with experience staying at the Kensington? I just booked the Kensington for Oct 27 for 4 nights on a "escape ways" rate. It is a "standard room." It includes a buffet breakfast for one, second person staying "free" because of my belonging to HHonors (willl have to pay for second breakfast). The first two nights are 76.59 GBP each, third night 51.06 GBP, but then jumps to 119.00 GBP. What is your experience with booking back to back reservations? I could book that Monday without breakfast for 75.23 GBP. I changed this from a four nighter on the executive floor for 91 GBP which had access to a lounge where you could get a continental breakfast. Can I do that 1 night following a 3 night stay. If the reservation were put in the second person"s name? Has anyone had experience speaking with the hotel directly about changing the type of rate within a reservation. Do you know what the buffet breakfast costs? Has anyone had the experience doubling up - have the 4 breakfasts on 2 days.

------------------
DtG
Old Oct 4, 2000, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The hotel might actually "combine" your reservations if you have "back to back" and they notice it prior to arrival. The integrity of your rates for the various nights *should* be intact. It is not uncommon for rates to switch mid-stay, just make sure the hotel has this info when you check in. Have a documented papertrail. You can plan on a London buffet breakfast to run nearly Ł20.

Perhaps the hotel will be so kind as to "upgrade" the first part of your stay so that you need not change rooms on the last day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.